Steering Wheel Oil Radiator leak

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

After I've changed Transmission and Engine oil last week, couple days after got oil leakage under my car. Today went to see mechanic and they took off the bottom cover. Leak is coming from the hose-radiator which cools down the steering wheel oil. Was told that it could be the radiator too and they would replace both hoses and radiator.

Total cost including the radiator and both hoses with labor is 500 CAD.

Will try to wipe all the area around the cooler, hopefully is just the clamp or the hose.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

How is everything now? Leaks all gone? make sure they take care of that!

themanfromvlad
Car: 2011 EX35

I just had this exact same issue on my 2011 Ex35. But I only paid $358 (Canadian!) for the repair, FYI.

$119 for the power steering cooler
$62 for two hoses
$13 for fluid
$116 in labour (1.3 hours @ $89 an hour)
$47 in taxes

piSSko

Thanks Themanfromvlad... I will look into it soon, just came back from a vacation.. hope there is no issue with the cooler.. will try to check all of it by myself and then see what's going on and where the leak is coming from..

I would say it comes from the top not from the cooler..

piSSko

Ok guys, updates are here :)

I got my power steering leakage fixed. Replacing just 2 hoses (return) didn't resolve the issue and I had to replace also the cooler. Total in CAD was 40 for the hose and 170 for the cooler and labor and the bottom one they had in there the shop.

For Canadians from Toronto, I went to OM-KAR Auto, mechs are knowledgeable and labor is not that expensive.

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

piSSko wrote:
For Canadians from Toronto, I went to OM-KAR Auto, mechs are knowledgeable and labor is not that expensive.
Work in Mississauga..will keep this in mind...Thanks.

Johnnydangerus
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD premium package tech package. Obsidian black; Tan. 18" stk Michilin Primacy a/s. Remote start.

Hi I just noticed what I thought was a power steering leak the other week in my 2010 EX35 awd Journey. Did you experience any shifting issues when the cooler started to go? I haven't received a check engine light but the shifting issue like so called limp mode. just started. Been keeping eye on fluids and nothing lead me to this conclusion until this thread and photos. Same leak. Thanks

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”