SR20DET "BUILD" "SWAP' & "WIRING" (DVD'S)

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
DRIFTING.com

Mouse6933 wrote:i have recently watch the dvd, its extremely helpful for a noob to engine building such as me ... made it pretty easy, to get my engine somewhat together. had a quick question about the piston ring compressor tool he used in the video, do you know where one could purchase such a tool????
thank you Mouse6933,

regarding the piston ring compressor, are you looking for the SAME one or just any?

this was not the one that was used; just an examplehttp://www.autozone.com/in_our...r.htm

Mouse6933

i was looking for the same one, i have used the wrinkle style one and didnt particularly like it.... thanks

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

I just saw the video today, and I gotta say, its REAL helpful, doesn't really skip over anything, and covers pretty much everything you need for a rebuild. I would definitely recommend this to someone whose not too unsure on how to do an SR rebuild and needs the reassurance. 20$ well spent

DRIFTING.com

Mouse6933 wrote:i was looking for the same one, i have used the wrinkle style one and didnt particularly like it.... thanks
NP, just need to contact driftspeed.com to find out what they used

Locko
Car: Eagle Talon

i read so many good things about the video that i'll be purchasing on and i will buy a 240 just to to the build :D

thnx

Drifting.com

LOCKO

DRIFTING.com

Locko wrote:i read so many good things about the video that i'll be purchasing on and i will buy a 240 just to to the build :D

thnx

Drifting.com

LOCKO
thank Locko!! have fun with your build!!

migsk8
Car: 240sx

ALEX!!!!you guys have any luck with the ls1 swap? and B) when are you guys going to print those " i love my s13" shirts, i have been waiting sinse like november!

DRIFTING.com

migsk8 wrote:ALEX!!!!you guys have any luck with the ls1 swap? and B) when are you guys going to print those " i love my s13" shirts, i have been waiting sinse like november!
oh man, guess that our email update did not reach you!!...that design was updated and printedhttp://store.driftingshop.com/ilomys13p.html

regarding the LS1 swap we had one lead but we do not have a current update

our 1JZ/FD Swap DVD was film last week and our RB head DVD is back on track since we got the right springs this week

skirodeo7
Car: 2007 Nissan Frontier, 1991 Nissan 240sx

I thoroughly enjoyed the DVD. I haven't built a motor before and it was THOROUGHLY helpfull, however, despite m lack of knowledge about engine building I still wish there was a bit more to this video. Namely, the lack of info on assembling and installing the head assembly. I'm not an engine moron, but it would be nice to see the valvetrain assembled and how to do it, what tricks are useful etc. I'd even buy a separate DVD on an SR20 head build. But it seems like that would be extremely useful. otherwise, the video was thoroughly informative.

as a filmmaker myself, there are some weird moments when the camera jumps the 180 line, where it cuts to an opposite angle ad it makes it hard to understand wat you're looking at from another angle since the views are so close. its great to have the closeups, but it throws me off sometimes when I can't see where in the motor something is located or how we got to this point etc etc. Starting out from a slightly wider angle and moving in closer I think would aide in that.

again. I'm nitpicking here. the video you've assembled is phenominal and we're lucky that you guys are dedicated enough to make one. THANKS!

TJ

DRIFTING.com

skirodeo7 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the DVD. I haven't built a motor before and it was THOROUGHLY helpfull, however, despite m lack of knowledge about engine building I still wish there was a bit more to this video. Namely, the lack of info on assembling and installing the head assembly. I'm not an engine moron, but it would be nice to see the valvetrain assembled and how to do it, what tricks are useful etc. I'd even buy a separate DVD on an SR20 head build. But it seems like that would be extremely useful. otherwise, the video was thoroughly informative.

as a filmmaker myself, there are some weird moments when the camera jumps the 180 line, where it cuts to an opposite angle ad it makes it hard to understand wat you're looking at from another angle since the views are so close. its great to have the closeups, but it throws me off sometimes when I can't see where in the motor something is located or how we got to this point etc etc. Starting out from a slightly wider angle and moving in closer I think would aide in that.

again. I'm nitpicking here. the video you've assembled is phenominal and we're lucky that you guys are dedicated enough to make one. THANKS!

TJ
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This DVD was fun to produce and DRIFT SPEED did a GREAT JOB with the labor.The head was the weakest part which is why we decided to produce a DVD JUST on the head for the RB25DET http://store.driftingshop.com/pheredvdr.html

After the RB25DET Build is out of the way we would like to cover the SR20DET head.

We can produced 50-70 minute DVD's within 2-3 business days IF we don't run into problems with the parts and assembly so keep telling us what you want!

skirodeo7

i would definitely say that an SR20 head build DVD should be made. I'll be the first to order it. The main reason I suggest it is that I've heard excellent things about the RB25 head build DVD and I would love an SR20 version. You guys are awesome for listening to what people want and making the videos. That's awesome.

on a side note, if I can help out in any way I'd be glad to. Sounds like you all have your stuff down if you can crank them out in a couple days, but as a film major and someone who works in Hollywood maybe my input could be helpful somehow. Just trying to think of ways to help because you all have definitely helped out myself and everyone here with the videos.

TJ

inkslingers13
Car: 1985 Corolla Gt-S

i got the build dvd and it was a great dvd. just thought id say its very helpful to noobs

Locko
Car: Eagle Talon

you guys dont have the S14 SR to S14 zenki .. or kouki ? swap ?

or S14 SR to S14 wiring ?

DRIFTING.com

Locko wrote:you guys dont have the S14 SR to S14 zenki .. or kouki ? swap ?

or S14 SR to S14 wiring ?
no, we have a shop that can cover this feature but the schedule keeps getting pushed back

BTW, the Head Rebuild DVD will be out soon

89'240sx
Car: 89'240sx

I got my dvd today, after a rather long wait due to a shipping error.... very informative video, however, the valve train assembly section of my dvd glitches and eventually cuts out... i have tried it on two dvd players so i know its not the dvd player. any one else have this problem?

DRIFTING.com

89’240sx wrote:I got my dvd today, after a rather long wait due to a shipping error.... very informative video, however, the valve train assembly section of my dvd glitches and eventually cuts out... i have tried it on two dvd players so i know its not the dvd player. any one else have this problem?
this should not happen so we will send a replacement; just call or email us so we can look up your info

BTW, the spring/valve replacement section in the RB25DET head rebuild DVD can compliment this DVD.

we are also going to produce a SR20DET head rebuild DVD soon since the parts have been secured

s13-t
Car: s13 pig nose w/blacktop sr20det

my motor crapped out, pretty sure its a rocker or a lifter. idk. i have never personally looked under a valve cover! i have done tones of reading and seen lots of pictures so i have a basic idea but a sr20det head build dvd would be freaking great!!!! when will it be out? also would it be a build, or rebuild with oem parts? like in the dvd would it have solid lifters or oem hydrolic ones? also the sr20det motor build is 20 shipped? or +shipping?

DRIFTING.com

s13-t wrote:my motor crapped out, pretty sure its a rocker or a lifter. idk. i have never personally looked under a valve cover! i have done tones of reading and seen lots of pictures so i have a basic idea but a sr20det head build dvd would be freaking great!!!! when will it be out? also would it be a build, or rebuild with oem parts? like in the dvd would it have solid lifters or oem hydrolic ones? also the sr20det motor build is 20 shipped? or +shipping?
shipping should be just $1.95, order today and ask for FREE shipping in the order notes

s13-t
Car: s13 pig nose w/blacktop sr20det

ok cool but will there be a head build dvd for the sr20det or do u already have one for sale?

DRIFTING.com

s13-t wrote:ok cool but will there be a head build dvd for the sr20det or do u already have one for sale?
the SR build covers part of the head, except for areas like the valve/valve spring/valve seal replacement, you can get the basic info form the RB head build DVD

so if you get both DVD's you should have a good reference to work off of for now

frreakyskater168

thanks

skirodeo7

wondering if you guys ever got around to making a head (re)build DVD for the sr20?

DRIFTING.com

skirodeo7 wrote:wondering if you guys ever got around to making a head (re)build DVD for the sr20?
That project was put on hold because we decided to use the sponsored parts for a KA Build

Current Projects

RB25DET Short Block (Filmed LAST WEEK)13B Motor Build (3 Days of filming complete) Finishing in Nov

Riekert
Car: Nissan 200sx (SR20DET)

slik_s13 wrote:so im wondering when my dvd will be shipped because last i checked on the usps web site it still had not been shipped and i placed the order on 11/5. im not trying to be a d!ck im just wondering when im going to get it or if there is a problem. just let me know. thanks
I also have a question regarding this.

I ordered the S14 SR20 to S13 chassis wiring DVD on the 21/11but no confirmation that it has processed yet...Ok I do live in South Africa so that might also be the prob. hehe

But the cash has been deducted from my account on the 25/11 and the order page just said something like pending review?

https://order.store.yahoo.net/...eb70f

anyhow. any help will be appreciated.

Thanx!Riekert
Modified by Riekert at 10:18 PM 12/3/2008

DRIFTING.com

please email your order info and put your full name in the email subject

thank you

Riekert

Hi. Thanx. to what email address can I send it?

EDIT:My bad... got it on you profile. thanx!
Modified by Riekert at 2:19 AM 12/4/2008

Riekert

Thanx man. Just got the email to say its been shipped.

Riekert

mmm... Double post... my bad
Modified by Riekert at 10:23 AM 12/8/2008

tctomasc
Car: 95 240sx

I just thought I'd let you know how hilarious I thought your sample movie was on youtube. I could not stop laughing the entire time. I mean it shows what is going to be in dvd i guess, but there is no talking, a lot of wiring cutting, and banging around. Seeing the tranny get jiggled off, or the oil pan being beaten prolly takes the cake.

Link to said video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...edded

I did however like the 13B sample video. That was a great overview of how the movie was going to be. But then again I might be biased, because I know what I'm doing around engines, but have no real clear idea about rotary.

DRIFTING.com

yeah, the SR swap trailer was a chuckle

the tranny jiggle set the tone for that

the 13B trailer has narrations but that cut only shows a fraction of what was covered in the DVD

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”