sr20 clutch/cable problems

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
RyanM
Car: 96 200sx SER

I have a 96 200sx se-r and i have a problem with the clutch engagement. there is about 2 inches in the pedal of free play before the clutch actually engages. i have already adjusted the cable to aid the problem and it is to the point to were i cannot adjust it anymore. im thinking i was sent the wrong pressure plate in my clutch kit. does anyone know what could be the problem?thankshttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zeropost?cmd=newtopic&id=169#

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Most cars have some give in clutch pedal movement before there is engagement/disengagement. Audi/VW/Porsches are the exception to that, they have a very high engagement point.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Actually this is a common problem with the b13/b14 guys especially when using aftermarket clutch kits. There is a "homedepot" fix that will give you more clutch adjustment. You need to buy a 1"X3/4" Copper reducer.

Finished product will look like this...

You need to also add a washer the same diameter as the bushing on the end of the clutch cable so the reducer does not cut into the bushing.

The other option instead of a washer is this....

You will have all the adjustment you will need.

RyanM
Car: 96 200sx SER

cool thanks man. that's gonna help a lot! i appreciate it!

Frees3ntra

Hi RED_DET and RyanM,
I know this is an old thread. Can you provide pics/details of homedepot mod on clutch cable? Pics not showing on thread anymore. I’m having the same problem with aftermarket cable I installed. Clutch pedal engages really low and pedal comes back up real slow too. I’ve adjusted pedal and cable inside engine bay. I did not have these issues before old cable snapped. I have 1992 Sentra 1.6L Thanks.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”