Emails have started to go out asking for initial deposit...we are progressing...
We sent off the list containing the contact info for the 20 interested parties to SoulFunction. The ball has started rolling.
We have reached the 20 person minimum needed to place the order so hopefully everyone comes through and we get this thing made! Just in time for my birthday
A user (Adam F.) on the FB M/Q group has reached out to a vendor called SoulFunction
about possibly creating a front strut bar for the Y50 chassis M (06-10) (update: it's been made and is being sold - link
). For those who don't know what a front strut bar is, it's a brace that attaches to both strut towers in the engine bay and provides a bit of rigidity for the chassis which in turn helps keep the car more level/planted/firm in cornering. It's a worthwhile mod. The problem, up until now, is that the only company that ever made such a bar for the Y50 M wanted like $450 for the part which is INSANE. It should cost no more than like $200, max. That's exactly the price point of the SoulFunction bar (which is currently being made for the Infiniti G guys). It's actually $206 per their site.
Anyway, in that conversation I inquired as to the possibility of making this product for the Y51 guys (2011+). They responded to CRV_33 that they would.
We'd need 20 people to put down $75 each (and remainder when product is done) to get this done. I am currently not sure if they will need a test mule to go out to their building in Minnesota, but I think CRV is real close and he has the V8, so the V8 guys should be taken care of (lol).
I figured I'd put the word out for the community in case anyone was interested. CRV_33 will assist in keeping this thread list going.
Here is a picture of the front strut bar installed on an M45:
Add your name to the list if you are interested. Please only add your name if you are genuinely interested at the $200 price point...we don't need people who will flake out. This sounds like one of the best opportunities as far as a company who is actually responding and working with the community (unlike R2C who is basically ignoring our guys now and hasn't released the intake).
1. Michael N. | 2011 | 5.6L | [Email Noted]
2. Del M. | 2011 | 5.6L | [Email Noted]
3. Marcus M. | 2011| 5.6L |[Email Noted]
4. Eric S. | 2012 | 5.6L | [PM]
5. Matthew C. I 2015 I 3.7L I [Email Noted]
6. Robert D. | 2012 | 3.7L | [Email Noted]
7. Chaz | 2011 | 5.6L | [Email Noted]
8. Eric Soto | 2011 | 3.7L | [PM]
9. Neil O. | 2012 |3.7L | [PM]
10. Don | 2014 | 5.6L | [PM]
11. Gary P. | 2011 | 5.6 | [PM]
12. Stephen Jordan | 3.7 | [FB]
13. Amit Singh | 3.7 | [FB]
14. Eric Flowers | 5.6 | [FB]
15. Fernando Tabora | 3.7 | [FB]
16. Dikembe0404 | 2011 | 5.6 | [PM]
17. Anthony Francis Tapia | 3.7 | [FB]
18. JP28 | 2013 | 3.7 | [Email Noted]
19. Screech Le | 3.7 | [FB]
20. Janak Patel | 3.7 | [FB]
21. Ilya | 2011 | 5.6L | Will help put the group over the top if we get there...