Sorry Repeat Help: Large Rear Deck Piece Fell Off During Top Operation

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
haleakalag

Trying this again combined. While operating the vert top yesterday heard a loud thump while closing. The top was closed completely, no warnings or anything. But when I got out of the car the large black rear deck trim piece (which moves up and down during operation) was sitting loose. on the roof of the car. Bizarre. I don’t know how to do photos here, so I created a Craigslist ad w photos to see. Thanks for any help. Please see photos at link below.

One shows the large trim piece sitting in my office. The others show trunk views. You can see where it is supposed to be attached through the rear windshield. There are 3 round nuts on each side which attach by screws to to moving arm on each side. It seems they have all popped out, leaving the 3 round holes in the plastic piece on each side. Anyone have any ideas.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/pts ... 45256.html

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

haleakalag

04pathse. Thanks much for that excellent FSM. It is amazing how complicated that top can get. I have a feeling something is slightly hitting the panel or out of synch. We don’t have an INFINITI dealer here on Maui, was hoping I could solve this without needing a complicated scan and reset etc.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”