So, you found NICO and the Skyline forum

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

No worries. I understand.
Definitely get some pictures up as soon as you can!!!

By the way, mentioning FA over here on NICO is kinda taboo. We'd rather not talk about the "competition" here.

WeaponX

Count Zero wrote:Well, despite growing up on Camaros and Mustangs, I got bit by the spo-co/import bug with the Subaru WRX. But before that, I did always love the Nissan cars, especially both versions of the 300zx turbo (my mother-in-law has an 85 Z31 turbo) and the 240sx (s13/14) has always impressed me a sporty car, if not overly impressive in stock U.S. form.

Somewhere along the way, right when I was falling in love with my WRX, I learned about the GT-R. Despite everyone going on and on about how it's too heavy and so forth (but what do you expect...it's a GT car!) I started liking them more and more.Of course, then I got introduced to the Initial D anime, and though it actually never one either race it was invovled in the show, the little techincal tid-bits the show mentioned about the black R32 got me interested in wanting to really learn about the car.

So I started googling and searching the web for whatever I could find. The more I read, the more I liked the GT-R.Then the local performance shop got themselves an R34. Not a GT-R, but a GTS-T.....But they put a GT-R body kit on it, so on the outside it looks just like one. Seeing it and getting to sit in it totally did it for me. I fell in love and swore that "someday" I'd get one. (Dammit, why wouldn't my wife agree to move to Canada so I could get a R32? Silly woman....)

There's one other Skyline in the St. Louis area, a silver R33 GT-R. I saw it on the road once, and heard that the guy is now selling it....but asking far more than I could afford.

My absolute favorite is the R34 GT-R V-spec, in that brilliant electric blue color. I usually get a laugh when I say that I'd want one of those over a Ferarri or Lambo or even a Vanquish DB9 or Noble or Saleen S7.But that's really just a fun pipe-dream. However.....

Just this past week, an opportunity of a lifetime presented itself, and I was able to purchase an R32 GT-R. It's even one of the Motorex titled/registered/approved ones! (I know, the NHTSA pulled the import authorization earlier this year, but I looked up the Grandfather Clause for the ones already approved by DOT and they're good. The current owner also double-checked this when he heard about the NTHSA reversal ruling)

Anyway, I've not even picked it up yet, but am as giddy as a kid in a toy store with an unlimited-credit gift card! Sure, it's not a R34 V-spec, but it's as close as I'm likely to ever even see in real life, much less own!

Wow another Missouri guy I have a R33 GTR at the lake. :bigthumb:

96skylineturbo
Car: 97 Lancer Evo IV (sold)
96 Nissan Skyline GTS25t
96 Subaru Impreza WRX STi wagon

Hey everybody, I'm not new to NICO, but I am back from a looong absence, and I am new to the Skyline section of the forum. I'm stationed in Okinawa, Japan with my wife. And we have just recently purchased a 1996 Skyline GTS25t.

I first found out about Skylines through video games, namely Gran Turismo. I didn't know much about them until I started reading Initial D. That sparked my interest in Skylines, Silvias, 180s and of course AE86s. My first car was a 90 240SX, which I am proud to say I still have, waiting for me to get back to the States.

Since that piqued my interest in JDM cars I started looking for any information I could find on them. At first it was the 240/180s and S13 silvias, then the Skylines. As I read about them, the engine especially drew me in. I've come to love the RB20-25-26, and wanted to have one.

When I was stationed in Okinawa, I wanted to try something different however. For that reason I got my Evo 4. I love the car, it's fun and quick, but the longer I had it the more I missed my Nissans. It didn't help that my friend let me drive his GTS25t when we were looking to get another car. I knew I'd want a Skyline, but we looked at some 180s just for good measure. Then we came accross our White GTS25t. I looked it over, she looked it over, then we started it. I only idled it, but it sounded fantastic.

The car is already lowered, tho I'm not sure if it's by coilovers or lowering springs yet. It also has an aftermarket exhaust, and a turbo timer. The best part about the car is that it is super clean, whoever owned it before we did took great care of it, and that is a trend we're continuing. (since I wrote this, I found out the car had blown struts front and rear and have since been replaced. I also sold the Evo to buy an STi wagon, my daddywagon)

I hope I haven't bored all of you with my story, Thanks for reading.

Last edited by 96skylineturbo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

thejedilestat
Car: Nissan Skyline Sedan R34 25GT RB25DE

well hello all

i fell in love with the skyline when i played Gran Trismo 3 A-spec and at the time the car i loves most was the mustang cobra in the game. mustang being my all time fave car :gapteeth: but then my love found the nissan skyline the reasion for this love was silly. when i put it on the test track for some reasion i watched the replay(a thing i never bothered to do) and i was just in love with the way it moved. total baywatch slow motion run kinda thing exept it was a skyline not pamala anderson. so my love has grown strong even though i am by no means a motor head i love the skyline.

i was born in L.A.and never made plans to get a skyline cuz i was happy with whatever car i could get my hands on. today i live in Australia with my wife and 2 daughters i own a stock R34 25GT Skyline just a simple sedan RB25DE NEO. i cant drive a 5speed so i got it with a tip-tronic transmission so i dont kill myself or the car :chuckle:. i do plan to upgrade to a R34 GT-T Coupe next the only reasion i got the sedan is i wanted it to be easy for my kids to get in the car but the back seat is no real if any diffrence space wise from the sedan and the coupe well that i can. guess my kids will just have to deal with the lack of space when i get my coupe :BnB:.

as for the BS regulations the USofA puts people though to get a Skyline i feel for you all i really do i am in no way trying to come off as teasing any one or saying nana na nana. i dont see the BIG deal my car is safe i trust that me and my family are safe in my car if i didnt i would not drive it... with them in it :dblthumb:

BoostedIS300
Car: 2001 IS300

it all started for me back in 2005 just browsing the internet and came upon one. a midnight purple r33 gtr. the car was beautiful. it hoooked me, then late 2006 i saw a black wingless r34 on a flatbed when i was on the turnpike. the car was caged, semi-vinyl wrapped and looked like it was on stock gtr wheels. flash forward to october 2010.a good friend of mine knows someone who imports cars in florida from J-Pan. here, he brought up a white r33 GTS-t and i had the chance of driving it. :woot: it was no "pull you in the seat and hold on" experience, but the fact i was able to drive one of my dream cars was enough for me. ill be honest, i beat the living piss out of that car though. in January 2011, he sold it to a guy in NJ for 18K and the guy painted it red i believe. i am actually in the process of trading my IS for a R33 sedan that the company brought over. im seeing if the papers are legit on it because i cant afford trading a 7k car with 20 into the motor that is dailyed, for a car that gets taken in a week lolImage

can-menace
Car: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTR - Single Turbo 620 AWHP

For me it all started back when I was 18. My cousin brought over a PlayStation with Gran Turismo and I got completely hooked on the game. Once I discovered the Skyline GTR it quickly became my favourite car and the rest is all history.

I have been lusting after one for the past 13 years never thinking I would really own one. This year I decided to get an inexpensive toy for the track. Was going to go with a Miata (gocart) and throw a turbo on it... something in the 300 RHP range with a basic water/meth setup. Anyways, I spent the year looking at cars, Miatas mainly, but also keeping an eye out for RX-7's, Supras and the occasional Skyline. Countless hours were spent on forums, Craigslists, Kijiji and various local and international auction pages. I have not watched any TV this year, its been work and car hunting all year.

I finally found a great deal on a single turbo conversion BNR32 that was available about 600 Kms from where I live. I watched this for sale thread for a few months, was not much interest on it so I was going to wait for some reductions. Was reduced by a small bit twice and the seller eventually stopped bumping the thread. I assumed it had sold as I did not get a reply and kept on spending all my free time working on my mission.

I then found a sweet deal on a Miata locally, was crashed 3 times and the seller did not know this. I expected to bring the 3 reports and get a sweet deal for a car I would only track anyways. The seller did not budge on the price in light of the 3 crashes so I left with my wad of cash. I was really bummed out at this time as the end of the summer was on me.

So I got home and checked out all the usual Craigslist and Kijiji listings that I was also frequenting daily. Low and behold that Skyline I saw for sale 600Kms is on Kijiji with a much more attractive price, what I was actually hoping to get it for. I sent a whack load of questions over to the seller and he got back to me this time, so I arranged to go see it.

It was a long drive to to Quebec from where I live in Ontario. I left with some friends and we got there at noon. Met the seller and immediately I was a bit less then impressed with the paint job, I was told it was mint, but at that price it was honestly too good to be true. Not a "bad" paint job, but it there is over spray on some gaskets and one spot where the tape did not pull off clean as well as a couple of very small dents/scratches on the roof from something small falling on it.

I decided to press the issue of the car not being exactly as advertised and ended up throwing out my initial offer which was border line low ball. I asked a bunch of my friends with cars like these about the offer I planned to make before I left for the trip. Told them what I was planning to which they said, it is not a TOTAL kick in the balls, its low... but I would work with that rather then want to spit in your face. Sounds good to me!

So armed with my new found knowledge of the mind of a car enthusiast that actually owns a car that they can be enthusiastic about I make my offer. Was told that more then that was put into the engine alone... etc, etc. Long story short if did not take much talking on my part but the seller eventually took my initial offer.

When he eventually accepted I thought maybe there was something off with the car, it was almost too easy. The seller agreed to drive it over to the shop where I had the truck and trailer and his buddy came in a company truck. Turned out that the truck belonged to the seller's dad, who owned something like 35 stores across Canada so I guess money is not of much concern in the family and that explained the easy price... or did it?

I hauled it home on a trailer, it was a very long day driving there and back and I was very tired on the trip back. Lots of stress watching the trailer to make sure it was under control as I did not have a goose-neck hitch and it was all insanely old. When I finally got it off the trailer and into my garage I could not believe it. My dream car was now in my garage! I can't even stand the though of the fact that I almost ended up in something else, like a Miata... Very fun cars and cheap to run, so don't get me wrong, but its not my dream car, far from it. The GTR is just... I'm at a loss for words... it puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

Back to the low price and questions about the car... Being paranoid, even though I saw the company truck from the store chain, I still had my doubts. I finally got a hold of the shop that build the engine and car about a week after I bought it. I called them before making the trip and every day after and finally got a hold of someone and it was the owner! Gave him the seller's full name and was happy to hear a story about how they put it together for him. He listed the parts that were on it and confirmed the power the seller told me it was making at 17.8 PSI. I was stoked!

PICS:

I purchased the completely rust free 1990 Skyline GTR with the following:

Acl bearing
Wiseco piston 87mm
Eagle H beam rod
Cometic 1.2mm head gasket
Arp head + main stud
Borg warner s364 turbo (750hp)
Xs manifold renforci
Tomei gasket kit
Aem ems stand alone
Nismo 2 way diff (arriere)
Tial 44mm v band wastegate
Blitz ss blow off x2
4 inch intercooler + brand new piping
os giken 2 plate clutch (65%)
nismo fork pivot
nismo eurethane motor mount
aeromotive fuel pump
surge fuel tank setup ( 2 pump)
haste moshimoto 3 row radiator
samco coolant line
aem uego wideband
rc 1000cc injector
awd/2wd switch

stern 18x9 wheel
azenis 255/40/r18 x4
tein monoflex coil over
Brembo rear disc
Dba front disc
Hawk hp pads

Seibon tt hood
Candy blue paint (sick)
Momo steering wheel
Nismo leather boots
Nismo knob
Carbon valve cover
R34 ornament plate

Shop confirmed 502 AWHP / 433 lbs torque @ 17.8 PSI

Allegedly it is now making 620 AWHP @ 25 PSI as per the seller. I have not confirmed this as the clutch is slipping at high load so I can't get it tested. The builder I spoke to tuned it @ 17.8 PSI not 25 PSI.

A month later, I am still stoked! (If not also a bit paranoid because I ended up in the most expensive setup out of all my options)

Thank You for reading my wall-o-text and Thank You for having me on this fine forum.

Kerr99
Car: None

I loved skylines since I saw them in gran turismo and I swear I will get one before I die!! :bowrofl:

Raybrant
Car: 2005 CS 350Z

When I was a wee tike, I bought one of these Image

I thought it looked awesome. I didn't even know the RC car I got was a Skyline, I knew nothing about cars back then. Few years later I get a license, grew a passion for cars and fell in love with the Skyline. A few months ago I went through my junk that was in storage and I found my RC car and immediately recognized it was an R34 V-spec II in Bayside Blue, funny how that all worked out.

Needless to say, I will be owning either an R32 or an R34 or both sometime in my life.

maxster17
Car: 1990 NISMO Skyline

I appreciate the RB26DETT. What an awesome engine. You're talking about a motor that many times over has proven to push over 300hp per liter. That's crazy! 100hp/liter is still considered a decent threshold in stock form. The racing history is pretty spectacular too. My favorite is the R32 body. For me, it's the classic. The one that started the craze. I lucked out and was able to run across a NISMO edition GT-R which I picked up. Anyway, great vehicles, and hugely under appreciated in the US. The R35 though is a monster and I think is bringing a lot of recognition to the legacy.

Impul
Car: R33 Skyline

I'm older... I was raised on 80's music... Cough Cough.

I had always driven pick-up trucks my whole life. I got into the Import game late in life, in my mid 20's... Far after the whole F&F thing had came and went, I actually never watched the movies until after I was well into modding. Bascially once I got my first car, a bone stock Acura EL / Honda Domani, then attended some meets, I was hooked.

My previous project:

Now I've got a '93 R33 GTST Sedan, and I love it very much! Awesome daily driver. Hope to learn lots from the forum as I'm new to Skyline ownership. Pics are in General area intro thread.

Regards!

JTR32gtst

For me, it started in 1997. I was a young pup in high school and my friend got a MKIV Supra TT and we had a blast in that car. While I was raised in the country, my vehicle preference was 4x4 trucks so he introduced me to street cars and with that, he showed me an R32. Instant love. The aggressive body lines, the history behind it, the boost...it was love at first site. I purchased my first R32 in 2002. I bought it for 6500 and sold it 32 days later for 15,000, lol! Used the profits to purchase the next car in 2006. The previous car I have now was found on an ad on eBay. This was before eBay was pulling ads on these cars and I saw it on my lunch hour. He posted his phone number in the ad so I called it. He told me he pulled the ad 30 minutes after he put it up because he was not sure if he could sell it. The very next weekend, me and my wife loaded up in the truck with the trailer and in 5 days, drove to Portland, Oregon and back (Dallas area).

Since then, it was basically a bone stock GTST. I have taken it from 220 rwhp to just shy of 400 rwhp before it decided to burn up two cylinders rings still in stock form. The RB20 is an incredibly stout engine and I do love/hate this car. I recommend any true car enthusiust to either own one or just drive a Skyline at some point. The chassis truly lives up to its name, and this goes for either GTR-GTST.

skylinehks

Have been lurking for a long time and I guess its time to get an account here.

The forum handle is actually my AIM handle since AOL 3.0 days. This is a good thread to make my first post!

I fell in love with the BCNR’s back in 1994 when I was in middle school; this was when “TRUST” “5Zigen” and “HKS” were not a household names… shoot even “TRUST” isn’t even a household name anymore!

Back when I was a kid, I lived in the Bay Area with my cousins and his friends toying around with RX-7’s and Supras.

After they work on their cars; they kicked it around watching racing videos on the VCR rented from SF Japan town, like Hot Version, and the racing movies with the old school 80’s JDM guys with the poofy hair.

That was when I fell in love with the BCNR’s. Since we didn’t have them in the States, I watched all the videos I could, collected and build all the Tamiya and Fujimi models as possible to learn about the car.

I’ve bided on every piece of memorabilia I can get my hands from Ebay about the R33, brochures, badges, books, magazines.

Everyt ime I had a chance to go to Japan or when I return to Hong Kong, I’d goto the tuning shops and constantly looking on the roads just to spot them.

I grew up loving the BCNR and vowed to get a R33 in LP2 when I get rich and never turn my love away from JDM. If someone asked me if they gave me a Ferrari would I be happy, my answer is no, I’d turn and sell it and buy three skylines!

The internet boomed, Motorex came and gone, met some great people on the net, and continued to follow them and their hard work to bring BCNR to the states or keep the public well informed of our love for this car.

I graduated with my bachelors and hit the workforce making money; pushed aside my dreams of owning my R33 as reality was beating down on me.

In between growing up I drove around my parents Nissan Quest, got a 04 Civic si, and now driving a TSX… moved to Arizona for work.

Following the scene with a large gap in between, I been following the import rules, and all the people that had bad breaks with scammers and illegal importation.

But recently in light of 2014, and Sean importing a Nismo R32, my love for the BCNR has seen a light at the end of the tunnel.

Especially since I been living in AZ; seeing some of the things I seen, its better than living in California for car enthusiast.

So here I am preparing to get caught up and ready for the next few years as I think BCNR’s will really have a chance in the States.

I could maybe get a R32 in the remaining years before 2020 really comes around… come to think about it six years, is not too far away.

MetalGearKyle

well you all will think i am really dumb but i fell in love with the r32 specifically when playing gran turismo 5 (first one i ever owned lol) and i LONG to someday have a RED r32 i don't know the official name of the color? i got most of the info on them form well this forum, articles i found online, alot of the info on gran turismo (how credible is that?) i'm far and away not new to cars, but i am totally new to imports ( i like the ae86 too, please no hate, initial d fan) its mostly been american cars up until now (not even gonna dare say the word muscle lol) i'm nearly a complete newb when it comes to skylines though, ik alot of the basic stats on them, but nothing really about them. what do they usually run for one in passable condition? (i've driven daily some pretty crap cars so if it runs i'm happy) the whole importing process scares me (help me sean) i do fully plan to do it legally in the coming years (89s will be hard to find, good ones even harder, now good red gtrs i'll chalk that up as nil) so i can easily wait for a later model and accumulate funds. as for getting one from japan, how the hell do i go about doing that? japanese friends? are there companies out there? is there like a tokyo craigslist i can checkout? same question more or less about parts aftermarket or factory (nissan dealer is gonna LOVE me, good thing i got friends in the service dept who would give their left nut just to see an r32) the forms scare me (sean help again lol) and avoiding getting scammed is by far the scariest, now i'm not ghetto poor but i'm no rich kid so i value my money (who doesn't) thats about it for me.
want one, don't know how to go about getting one, will probably be broke forever and totally hopelessly in love with a japanese godess-zilla < see what i did there? haha.

oh yeah, forgot to mention why you'd all think i was dumb, before i don't know about two weeks ago, i had no idea they were illegal :gotme

shadyduk1979
Car: 79 elky, e21 turbo BMW

I started off as a American car only kind of a guy. If it wasn't a chevy i wasn't interested. When i was in HS i built a few cars, a 71 nova, 75 nova and if you can call it a car a go kart using a aurora V8 drivetrain as my senior project in Trade school. I also helped a friend put a 3.8l V6 in a triumph spitfire. Don't do that it sucks lol.

It was at that point i started thinking that perhaps i should make my american "tanks" handle. My friends all had performance cars in some form, we had modded cars ranging from a 3.4 lumina to a 65 chevelle, to modded civics and a evo in our crew.

The fast and the furious came out and it was a great source of material to abuse my import loving friends and their inferior toy cars. We were deep into street racing and beat up a lot on imports since they were easy picking, especially after the movie.

I was working for a IHRA pro mod team and we had a chassis dyno that we rented out. I was working the dyno when we had a bunch of cars i had never heard of before. Mazda RX7s, Nissan 240SXs, and Toyota supras. All turbo cars. I knew nothing of turbos, we used big roots type superchargers on our cars. Arent turbos for diesels after all? I remember making a comment to the boss "looks like these morons just saw fast and furious" and i laughed. He gave me a look, smiled and said to me "looks like you are about to get a education and walked away.

I don't remember all their power numbers, but i recall the noise of the blow off valves or wastegates and thinking the motors just popped. Then i saw the power charts. The weak guy was the Rx7 who "only" put down 680 ish HP. I was impressed. Perhaps there was something to these imports.

I did side work in a small garage and got another wake up call. we had a customer who just bought a BMW, a e36 M3. Massive piece of crap but we got it in great condition for him as his money allowed. I loved how the car was engineered and things just kinda made sense, except for that weak independent rear end. Not nearly robust enough. Not like the 12 bolt in my chevelle, or the corvette IRS with steel axles. Then he decides its time for some mods. Coil overs (rice in my mind) BBS wheels (rice) Software, (really? bolt some parts on the damn thing) And eventually a AA supercharger. Now we are talking! I took the car out after all this and felt what a good suspension, less unsprung weight and a supercharge can do. I finally realized i was a closed minded fool and it was time to find more fun things to play with.

I decided it was time to get a BMW. I started looking for a E30 M3. I loved the flared fenders high revving and powerful engine. It was just cool. I get a phone call from a buddy who was clearing out a house and there was this old BMW in the garage and he asked me if i wanted it. Hey if its free its for me right? So he brings it to his place and calls me up to take a look at it. It was nasty. Mold everywhere caked dust all over it, just gross. But i decide, its not a bad car, it a solid california car so ill give it a bath. It cleaned up pretty decent. I mean it was a puke white color, with green ad brown interior but it wasn't so bad. the little 1.8 has to be good on gas, and after all gas is almost 2.00 a gallon now! I also notice that the car was built the year and month of my birth, which was kinda cool. So i get a battery and a radiator for it since it was missing, send away to BMW for the info they have for the car and go back. I put the battery in, put the radiator in and figure, ah what the hell lets start it on 7 year old gas. It fired right up. It didn't run great but it ran. After i put fresh gas in it purred like a kitten. Happy i have a running and driving free car, i go home. Once i get home i find a email from BMW that doesn't tell me a lot about the car, except for the minimal work done on the car at the dealer, and the production date... holy crap! its the day i was born!, and the port it was brought into in NJ? was where i was Born! I spend the next few years modding it, and bringing the car back to euro spec, eventually caging it and hanging a T4 on the side of it after many turbo setups and tracking the car all the while running against cars like eclipses, talons, WRXs, STis, 2.5 Rss, Etc. AWD is kinda badass. I just wished somebody made something with a inline 6 and a turbo with All wheel drive. That car would be amazing.

Then i saw it for the first time on top gear. The R34 skyline GTR. Lust at first sight. I had to learn about it. The more i learned, the more i wanted one, the more i saw i couldn't easily have one, the more i wanted one. I love the menace of the R34, but the wolf in sheep's clothing look of the R32.

I was at a event running someone elses car, what it was i do not remember but i was talking to a guy and we were talking about our toys at home and he told me about his R33. after a few to many beers he said i could take it for a spin. The next morning after breakfast (my treat) he took me to his house where i saw a skyline for the first time in the flesh. it was midnight purple and sexy. He took me for a brief ride and then said, well i told you you could drive it.... You ever driven right hand drive before? Thankfully i had, and had often. I was nervous but there was no backing out now. I honestly do not really remember much of the drive, although it was about a hour in back roads and a quick stint on the highway. I was in love, and i had to have one.

Gray Rohan
Car: 1989 S13
Sileighty
SR20DET forged on standalone
Soon to get it tuned

Man,i still remember how i found out the gtrs:

october 1999,my father bought me a ps1, and the memory card had data of GT1 (at the time didnt knew what that logo was),5 months later my ps got stolen,anyways took me 2 years to find out that that gt was,got gt 1 and 2 from my older brother,(emulators do wonders), and started playing,my brothers always telling me to buy a 3000gt cause it was the quickest car in the game,cousins telling me to go with Honda (loool),in my ingenuity,i entered into nissan dealer,and its there where i found the Nissan awesomeness,specially the s and r chassis,ever since i saw the s13 and the r33 i fell in love with them,starting researching into it even deeper as the years passed by,and eventually that passion drove me to the auto industry,god,first i wanted the r34 cause it was the most featured and the best of them all,but a poster sized photo shoot of the r32 changed my mind,and attracted me to the r32 immediately,nowadays i rather have an r32 than the r34,i will own a R32 GTR Vspec,a S13 and A s15 one day!

Now the first time i saw one in real life was 3 1/2 years ago,i went to south carolina to put gas into my sister's da9 (cheaper gas hahahaha),and as im pulling out of the gas station,a black r32 gtst 4 door passes by in front of me,MY FEELINGS SNAPPED AND I STARTED FOLLOWING THE CAR FOR LIKE 7 MILES STRAIGHT, when i caught up with the guy (who had scared face,like if i was gonna rob him),i remember yelling at him NNNIIICCCEE SKYLINE DUDE!,he just laughed it off and said thanks, after that i went again to the gas station to refill again because of my happy trip.

2nd time,10 months ago i was coming from church and getting out of walmart and as im driving out of the store i see this gunmetal gray R32 GTR with Tennessee plates coming the other way,i yelled WOOOW A 32 GTR ,and AGAIN,me wanting to turn around but this time i have family (sister and parents) on the van and they just yell at me stop looking at stupid cars and keep driving (it was not just a car,it was a gtr),that sight made my day!

...on the other side,i saw a couple of the new gtr's but man,the feeling is not the same,more like a ...Meh!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Lots of good stories here, gang.

Thanks for sharing!

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

Been a Nissan freak for almost a decade now. started my car life with mustangs and muscle cars, had a mustang burn to the ground well I was driving it and used the insurance money to buy something "different" and "safer" as my dad would call it... BF talked me into a 240 and since then have been addicted. Owned a G35 for several years (that counts as skyline?... er... well yeah I guess) and several 240s. Recently put a R32 GTS-T in storage with the help of Revsiu Imports and 7-1-14 my GTS-T will be legal to enter port under the 25 year rule as a legally imported classic. I can't wait...

anyway, if you want to know more.....
haven-t-been-around-in-a-long-while-t583674.html

it is probably better than me copy and pasting it.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ Way cool. :)

Gabby's been around a looooong time, and always rocks a sweet ride. :)

HHan

How's it going guys/girls?

So I used to be a member on here sometime between 2005-2006. I remember not even having a drivers license when I was lurking before I joined, so as you can imagine, yes, I was preeeeetty stupid lol.

Anyway, I first found out about the Nissan Skyline through car magazines and Gran Turismo. I'm 23 years old now and a very obvious and shameless member of the "playstation skyline craze" generation. The first Skyline I ever saw in person was an R33 GT-R in Dubai in 2001. When I was younger my parents had a pretty successful business that required them to travel a lot and I was lucky enough to be able to go around with them. I was already pretty nuts about the car just by playing with it in games and such but when I saw it for the first time I was struck with a poisonous desire to own one and that desire never truly left me. Actually that car is largely what got me seriously into my scale/anime/sci-fi competitive model building hobby but that's a long boring story for another day or never :facepalm:

I finally joined up in '05-'06 under some other username that is now long lost and, like any stupid teenager with a wild skyline dream, made a total a** of myself and asked tons of stupid questions etc. etc. TMS and Tyndango set me straight REAL GOOD haha. So after finding out the truth behind how hard it is to get a Skyline into the states I eventually pushed the dream into the back of my mind and moved onto other cars that were feasible. In the time that has passed I've owned an 03 VW GTI and an 03 Audi A4 and made an a** of myself once again on another forum due to teenage stupidty over at vwvortex.com. I wrecked the GTI within a few months of owning it because, well, I was an idiot when I had it. Took real good care of the A4 for a few years and played around with it and had a great time with that car. Got rid of it in my second year of college, family business went bankrupt, didn't have my family support anymore, learned how to be a man/face the world like everyone else has to, and now here we are.

Over years I've gotten a big boy job, made big boy money, and now like so many others am trying to buy an 89-90 R32 between 2014-2015 via gtr-garage.com. Lucky for me, the year the 32 becomea 25 years old is also the year I have become confidently able to afford one. I will probably end up going for GTS-T Type M because I love the r-chassis cars and couldn't care less about how little sense it makes to get a GTS-T. I'll be working with roughly 14k and would be happier with a mint GTS-T than a tired a** GT-R. I'll be picking up a 33 GT-R eventually anyway. Done a whole lot of research on info that was made available through Nicoclub's contributors and spent a long time reading over Sean's articles/blog posts and other various sources on Skyline legality (or lack thereof.) With the help of gtr-garage (when Kunio gets back to my inquiry email) I will hopefully be able to finally get myself the right R32. Haven't heard back from him/them yet probably because my questions were sort of dumb in some way or another. Either that, holiday business, they think I'm not serious or asking questions way ahead of time (November 2014 is when I will be ready to take the plunge). After becoming painfully aware of the issues that come with trying to import these cars, I feel a compulsive need to cross reference and reconfirm everything regardless of the 25 year old "classic/historic car" exemption rules.

Huge post, I know, but I'm excited for the new availability of 32s in the states and feel bad for being a formerly stupid "how canz I git a SKAILINE" kid, so I thought I'd explain lol. Cheers.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I don't think there are stupid questions. Even questions designed to purposefully piss people off have a use. I had that "whoa, what is that?" phase when I stepped off the bus in Japan, but the first Skyline I ever saw was a Kenmari.

It was one of those moments that stick with you. As far as I am concerned, it eclipses the R32 and R30 in beauty and I will probably never have a chance to own one.

I can appreciate the GT-R desirability too. 20 years ago I sat in one and got to hear it run and feel it rumble. I knew I would have one someday. The stars aligned recently and I was able to score my R.

Since I am not stateside I am able to avoid a lot of the pitfalls that would come with an 89, namely, the Fast and Furious tax that is starting to rear its ugly head and the rust and wear inherent with an older car. Mine is a pretty clean and well cared for 94, the last year for the 32 before the fat girl came out. Somebody stole my twins though and put a semi truck turbo in it. :ohno: Seriously, turbo from a semi truck. :crazy:

I hope you are able to make your dream come true as well. With the 25 year thing coming around, for the first time, people have a shot at a legit car that they can freely enjoy without looking over their shoulders for the man. :dblthumb:

HHan

Dope 32 TMS. I hope I can get a clean 89' before they're all gone too, and really hope to go through gtr-garage. There will be considerable work and costs involved in getting my 32 regardless but based on reviews, they seem to make it as painless as possible under the 25+ years old circumstances. Thanks for the good luck.

usafdarkhorse
Car: 1990 Honda NSX #382
1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R #2317
1972 Datsun 240Z

Awesome story, HHan (and not a sarcastic "cool story bro" ha!).

Welcome back. We all have to get it out of us and wise up at some point, some faster than others and at different times.
HHan wrote:How's it going guys/girls?

So I used to be a member on here sometime between 2005-2006. I remember not even having a drivers license when I was lurking before I joined, so as you can imagine, yes, I was preeeeetty stupid lol.

Anyway, I first found out about the Nissan Skyline through car magazines and Gran Turismo. I'm 23 years old now and a very obvious and shameless member of the "playstation skyline craze" generation. The first Skyline I ever saw in person was an R33 GT-R in Dubai in 2001. When I was younger my parents had a pretty successful business that required them to travel a lot and I was lucky enough to be able to go around with them. I was already pretty nuts about the car just by playing with it in games and such but when I saw it for the first time I was struck with a poisonous desire to own one and that desire never truly left me. Actually that car is largely what got me seriously into my scale/anime/sci-fi competitive model building hobby but that's a long boring story for another day or never :facepalm:

I finally joined up in '05-'06 under some other username that is now long lost and, like any stupid teenager with a wild skyline dream, made a total a** of myself and asked tons of stupid questions etc. etc. TMS and Tyndango set me straight REAL GOOD haha. So after finding out the truth behind how hard it is to get a Skyline into the states I eventually pushed the dream into the back of my mind and moved onto other cars that were feasible. In the time that has passed I've owned an 03 VW GTI and an 03 Audi A4 and made an a** of myself once again on another forum due to teenage stupidty over at vwvortex.com. I wrecked the GTI within a few months of owning it because, well, I was an idiot when I had it. Took real good care of the A4 for a few years and played around with it and had a great time with that car. Got rid of it in my second year of college, family business went bankrupt, didn't have my family support anymore, learned how to be a man/face the world like everyone else has to, and now here we are.

Over years I've gotten a big boy job, made big boy money, and now like so many others am trying to buy an 89-90 R32 between 2014-2015 via gtr-garage.com. Lucky for me, the year the 32 becomea 25 years old is also the year I have become confidently able to afford one. I will probably end up going for GTS-T Type M because I love the r-chassis cars and couldn't care less about how little sense it makes to get a GTS-T. I'll be working with roughly 14k and would be happier with a mint GTS-T than a tired a** GT-R. I'll be picking up a 33 GT-R eventually anyway. Done a whole lot of research on info that was made available through Nicoclub's contributors and spent a long time reading over Sean's articles/blog posts and other various sources on Skyline legality (or lack thereof.) With the help of gtr-garage (when Kunio gets back to my inquiry email) I will hopefully be able to finally get myself the right R32. Haven't heard back from him/them yet probably because my questions were sort of dumb in some way or another. Either that, holiday business, they think I'm not serious or asking questions way ahead of time (November 2014 is when I will be ready to take the plunge). After becoming painfully aware of the issues that come with trying to import these cars, I feel a compulsive need to cross reference and reconfirm everything regardless of the 25 year old "classic/historic car" exemption rules.

Huge post, I know, but I'm excited for the new availability of 32s in the states and feel bad for being a formerly stupid "how canz I git a SKAILINE" kid, so I thought I'd explain lol. Cheers.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

....and ^ THAT ^ is why we do what we do. :)

HHan

I greatly appreciate the warm welcome guys :) I forgot to post a pics of the last car I was able to be enthusiastic about.

Slower than s*** when I bought it but I got some good experience going from trying to do cheap, shoddy mods, to properly maintaining and "upgrading" a cars performance. I guess you could say "tuning", but something about that word really irks me. As if throwing parts at a car is actually "tuning" it :tisk: :chuckle:

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

kunio is a great guy, I have ordered a bunch of stuff from him. the time differences makes it a bit difficult for him to catch emails from time to time. Might try re-messaging him as sometimes things can get spam filtered or lost. I find the best way to get with him is PMing him on the different message boards.

The 89 R32s are drying up real quick according to the guys at Rivsu (Steve and Jordan are great guys), but they have a bunch already purchased and some 90s. iF Kunio doesn't take care of you, give Steve a call. They are importing my R32 GTST, and now my husband is playing around with importing something a bit different. The bluebird idea had been thrown around, but he wants to import something that most people wouldn't know what it is just from looking at it.

HHan

Thanks for the heads up Gabby. Yes, I'm sure the 89's are going fast but I am not entirely against buying a 90' and waiting out till 2015. Could you do me a favor and PM my Rivsu's info? I tried searching for them last night after reading your post prior to this one and nothing turned up. Maybe I was just too drunk to notice. Lol, thank you, and I have heard great things about Kunio as well. May I ask how much you are paying for your GTS-T (if you don't mind that is)? By november of 2014, I will have right around 14k USD ready to go but I'd really like to only spend about 10k with shipping included so I have money left over for unexpected fee's along with repair/mod work that I cannot handle on my own.

HHan

Sorry, nevermind. I found them. I must've been typing it in wrong :facepalm:

Arby's
Car: 99 R34 Skyline
05 G35 coupe M6 -non revup swap
92 240sx coupe -RB25 swap

MY start for skylines. first big car video game i played as a kid. GT 1 for playstation. i remember buying a dark red Skyline GT... i think it would have been a R32... maybe R33 but dont remember fully. was my favorite car in the game haha. as i grew older i know knew the skyline was a highly sought after car. started reading about these monsters in magazines. then the R34 was my new hero car. every video game that had one in it i would try to obtain it. read all R34 articles i could find in magazines. told my self one day id get me a skyline! but kinda knew that it would probably never happen... was always into cars and once i got my license i start "working" on them. being in highschool working on a car then was much different then what i consider working on cars now. after owning a handful of ok or kinda cool cars and a couple bikes. at 21 years old i came across an R33 forsale. same color as the one i got in GT1 wine red. only one huge draw back it was automatic. i ended up buying it anyway. flew half way across the US to pick it up anddrove 24 hours straight home and showed this new bad boy off. after catching flack long enough for having an auto skyline i finally decided to sell it and look for another fun car. did just that. and instantly hated myself for selling the car. went several years with out a skyline. about 2 years ago i stumble across an R34 GT-T that was a GTR body clone, in bayside blue. car was a little rough around the edges but still an R34. was legally in the US but for off road use only. talked to owner for about a month before agreeing on a deal. i drove with a trailer halfway across the US and picked this bad boy up. here is some pics from when i got it to now

coming back from Texas after picking it up

how wheels and brakes looked when i got it:

after fresh paint and polish

ordered a new front lip to replace the missing one and repainted front bumper

Pics with gold wheels (knock offs)

most recent pics with the volks back on it:

JTR32gtst

^Is that JJ's old car? If so, yeah, rough around the edges is no joke..

Arby's
Car: 99 R34 Skyline
05 G35 coupe M6 -non revup swap
92 240sx coupe -RB25 swap

JJ? where was he located?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”