So how tough is an FJ20ET you ask?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
ADDirishboy
Car: 2008 Nissan Titan Pro4x

themadscientist wrote:12psi is not the same 12psi with that turbo silly!
god i still cant believe this. i keep looking at the pic of the destroyed washers and thinking "no ****ing way that engine is running perfectly still...."amazing

Sideways s12
Car: 84 turbo s12

that's some crazy **** bro I wish my motor could do that lol
Modified by Sideways_s12 at 2:30 PM 5/11/2008

Arro
Car: 1985 Silvia RS-X FJ20, 1985 200SX

DevilMB3017 wrote:
DR30 Skyline. Only two known running in North America.
Also found in the S12 chassis in the Silvia RS-X models, and came both turbo and non-turbo. Only real difference between DR30 version and S12 version is the intake manifold.

And I own one of the only two legitimate RS-X's in the western hemisphere...

http://www.club-s12.org/forums...28526

Pics of the engine are towards the bottom of the first post.

Yeah, these engines are awesomeness, and this thread is a testament to that.

I'd love to have a DR30. But I'm very glad to have an FJ S12 My car was originally an FJ20E, but I have everything but a bottom end to build an FJ20ET. And I know where I can get me a turbo bottom end, so....

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

lol...damnit Arro...what are you doing here?

I forgot about this thread though...comedy.

time to go lookie at the RS-X

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Yeah, but can it survive an active port/polish session with sand through the intake?
True story: My ex-bf inherited the 114k, perfect compression KA24DE from my previous S13 (that got totalled) and put it in his S13 fastback. One day at his job he decided he was going to powdercoat the valvecover. Sandblasted it in a cabinet, powder-coated/baked it, then installed it. Notice how I did not mention he cleaned it after sandblasting it. That engine was toast after a couple of days. After he took it apart you could see all the scoring on everything, not to mention the metal bits attached to the drain plug. It was nice to know the engine was living on in another fairly mint S13 until he did that retarded bulls***. I was soooooo pissed off. He was all: "LOL" [shrug]

Return to “General Chat”