Snow Tires and Wheels

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

Update! The TPMS alarm did not come on during in-town driving. Once I got on the freeway Monday morning and drove about 5 miles, it started blinking and then came on steady just like the manual said. See the original text below for the original post:

Installed 215/70-16 snow tires (Yokohama I/T+) and aftermarket wheels on my Rogue SL. The wheels were 114 bolt pattern and 40mm offset. Bought it all from Discount Tire. They replaced the 225/60-17 stock wheels and tires. I have the exact same 62 mph at 2000 rpm that I had with the factory wheels and tires.

I did not spend the money for Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) valve stems and expected to have the alarm on constantly from what the manual stated, but no alarm. I'll wait until spring when I have the factory wheels back on and intentionally drop the pressure down in one to test the alarm.

Anybody else have experience with the TPS, specifically installing aftermarket wheels without them?

Modified by Superdave54 at 4:33 PM 11/26/2007

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

I have a set of Snow Tire from my 05 Maxima that I am thinking of putting on, but they are 225/55 17 not the 225/60 17 that come on the car.

The concern is that my error is 3% faster with the 55 series. Plus the snow tire don't have TPSM in the rims.

Return to “Rogue Forum”