Smelly A/C vent any one?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

M45Runner wrote:
Did the search with "Smelly A/C Vent" and nothing came out.

Plus, where were you when we started this thread - you have to wait for almost 2 month and when everything is discussed to point this out?

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

Solve the root of the problem, not just mask the odor with.....Einszett Klima Cleaner- google it to learn more about it, simple and inexpensive to do yourself once or twice a year......works like a charm in my old Q.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Good call qship96. Going to see about buying these at a local store.

Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

SteveTheTech wrote:Replace it with an OE filter, or OE the New Grape Seed Activated Filter that the FX50 uses (this actually removes a fair amount of microbes and odors). zer...ement
Hey Steve,I checked the thread in the link you provided but it is not clear if it fits the M.

So my question is, will this Grape Seed filter fit my 2006 M35 and if it does, do you have a part# or link where I can purchase it?

Thanks.

sebvox
Car: 1995 Q45 **R.I.P.** 2003 M45

If anyone is trying to locate the evaporator drain in a Y34 (2003-2004 M45), don't waste your time looking in the engine compartment. It does not come through the firewall. It exits the evap/heater core case on the interior driver's side (LH drive) near the accelerator pedal. You can pull the carpet back to expose the drain line. It actually travels from the HVAC case to the floor pan and then exits the vehicle through the unibody frame near the front of the driver's seat. There is a short 3" drain line that comes out of the case then via a T-fitting connects to the remainder of the drain lines. Nissan utilized a main drain line and an overflow line in case the main line gets clogged. There is a plastic plug that you can remove to see the end of the drain line on the underside of the vehicle. There are three plugs in a row and it is the one closest to the front of the vehicle. If using an evaporator coil cleaner, I recommend disconnecting the the T-fitting near the case and introducing the foam there. Otherwise you will be sending foam up a 30" drain line that may or may not make it to the evaporator coils.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”