Skylines For Sale

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
AREITU

goodies wrote:There is a way to make them street legal without making it just for show. But it takes a lot of paperwork and time. If you have a skyline here and need it to be legal let me know I might be able to talk my partner into helping you guys out since we do it for our skylines that we import anyway.

You just posted on a two month old thread.

Yes, there's a way to make the legal without being just for show: You buy it from one of two companies. It's already been established by more than one person that the only legal skylines enter the country through RB Motoring and Motorex.

SAPrez
Car: Racing, Car Shows, Creative Arts, Sports

Don't know about the R&T thingThere is no copyright, patent, or trade secret involved with the compliance---there was a blanket of confidentiality placed over SOME of the information included in the petition that JK Technologies (NOT MX) filed with the NHTSA---and this was for 1990-1999 model year vehicles. Although I have been looking, have not found another petition covering 2000-2002 (or 1989, as was mentioned earlier). This blanket of confidentiality was placed only over SOME of the information that was requested. For more info on this check out the thread I replied to a few minutes ago that has "Motorex" in it's rather long title. That information comes straight from the NHTSA.And if there WAS a trade secret involved, it is rather interesting to me that, if a second company came online(as RBM may have or might be doing here soon), that this would become public info.If MotoRex did not get Mr. Morris to sign a non-competition clause they are crazy---I've been wondering about that every since I found out he was previously employed by them. Every one of our employees signs one as a part of their APPLICATION process.Hey, Jason(gsxtasee)---I was just wondering....Do I have more credibility since I have a sh*^ty website, as opposed to a slick one?

mB

AREITU

SAPrez wrote:Don't know about the R&T thingThere is no copyright, patent, or trade secret involved with the compliance---there was a blanket of confidentiality placed over SOME of the information included in the petition that JK Technologies (NOT MX) filed with the NHTSA---and this was for 1990-1999 model year vehicles. Although I have been looking, have not found another petition covering 2000-2002 (or 1989, as was mentioned earlier). This blanket of confidentiality was placed only over SOME of the information that was requested. For more info on this check out the thread I replied to a few minutes ago that has "Motorex" in it's rather long title. That information comes straight from the NHTSA.And if there WAS a trade secret involved, it is rather interesting to me that, if a second company came online(as RBM may have or might be doing here soon), that this would become public info.If MotoRex did not get Mr. Morris to sign a non-competition clause they are crazy---I've been wondering about that every since I found out he was previously employed by them. Every one of our employees signs one as a part of their APPLICATION process.Hey, Jason(gsxtasee)---I was just wondering....Do I have more credibility since I have a sh*^ty website, as opposed to a slick one?

mB

You just posted on a two month old thread like the person before you.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

umm... I don't know what you're talking about in refernece to credibility and website quality.. anyone can have a good website, or a bad one... it's their character that makes them credible.. and you have been, so far, showing yourslef lacking in my personal opinion. I have been cordial with you but if you would like me to talk sheet, I can. I am unfortunately not above doing so.

AREITU

gsxtasee wrote:umm... I don't know what you're talking about in refernece to credibility and website quality.. anyone can have a good website, or a bad one... it's their character that makes them credible.. and you have been, so far, showing yourslef lacking in my personal opinion. I have been cordial with you but if you would like me to talk sheet, I can. I am unfortunately not above doing so.

You teh rox. I mean that honestly. Did I ever tell you that? :)

Chingon

There's another way around it...but i can't do it because I don't have the money.

The way is to buy the car in America, then register as either Mexican or Canadian (for those who live in the borders). For this however, you need to be either a Mexican or Canadian citizen (or have a family member who is and has a valid address in the country and put you down as an allowable driver). Take into consideration that you must have a valid insurance that works in the US, and the US only permits cars to be 1 day in the states (this is easily fixable by garage or large patio). This is how I am doing it w/my 240sx (which was bought in the states at one time, but cars bein cheaper in mexico, it was bought and then brought back).

Anyways, that's the theory behind it and I'm pretty sure it should work (don't go buying no skylines yet w/o finding out the importing laws of the country you will use). In mexico, as far as I'm concerned, they wish you buy a car that is in production in Mexico itself (or one off a long list of American cars they have). This is merely to help you and future buyers find replacement parts and follow similar smog laws as the US's, however you get around this by bribe or just not having the sticker.

Also, as a person w/a car from another country, there's a limit as how far into the states you can go. In other words, you are limited to the frontier city (in my case el paso tx). If you wish to travel further down the state or into the US, you must get a tourist pass that lasts for like 30 days or so. This is done to get pass the highway booths, and suspiscious cops.

It's a semi-difficult process w/some inhibitions, but if done correctly, it saves thousands upon thousands of dollars (importing fee in Mexico is only 500$ and about 1200$ being the max for most cars).

SAPrez

No gsxtasee, not trying to talk "sheet"....Was actually trying to be funny, but I guess it didn't work....

mB

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

my bad I misunderstood. And just as I am not above getting dirty I am not above apologizing when I am wrong. I had hoped we could get along better than it appeared initially. Thanks for clarifying..

SAPrez

No problem---I was also confused about this.I was hoping the same thing---you are one of the "dilligent informed" I get a thrill out of meeting.

mB

sil8tdrifter
Car: 94 FD3S

Cameron S. Wieldraayer eat poop and DIE!

u biatch.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I am closing this thread as I dont think any of those are still for sale plus this is a sore subject for a lot of folks myself included.

Fred..:)

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”