Skylines For Sale

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

heh, my dad met him and liked him aloti was talking to sean later and he was like "i dont know why your dad got along with me, im an *******."

GTR-33

Last time I talked to Sean, I told him he was an arrogant prick ****sucker. I asked him WTF his problem was and he just acted like a bigger nutlicking ****smoke *******... I dislike him very much...

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Has anyoner else, heard of the NEW LAW thats supposed to make importation of non US speacilaty vehicles for personal use, a lot easier?

If someone with some time can do some searches , it was in R&T a few month ago.

EPA & DOT exempt, as long as sufficiently rare..

I dont know if a GTR <is> suffciently rare, but this is certainly worth looking into.

Fred...:)

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

PalmerWMD wrote:Has anyoner else, heard of the NEW LAW thats supposed to make importation of non US speacilaty vehicles for personal use, a lot easier?

If someone with some time can do some searches , it was in R&T a few month ago.

EPA & DOT exempt, as long as sufficiently rare..

I dont know if a GTR <is> suffciently rare, but this is certainly worth looking into.

The only thing the "new law" says, is this... (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/....html)

Any vehicle which is manufactured for a country other than the U.S. must have a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) certification on it. If it does, than it can be imported easily. If it doesn't, it has to come the Motorex way, which means, being on the "vehicle elgibility" list, and imported by a RI.

hatebobbarker

as long as it hasto pash crash testing its expensivebut at least some only require the 5 mph bumper rule. (which was the only thing holding the evo6 back from america , EVERYTHING else complied even emissions and there was already lhd available.)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

LHD in the U.S. is not required by law. It just so happens that 95% of the cars in the world are LHD.

Any RHD cars that are imported though, must be proven to meet the DOT and EPA requirements separetely than it's LHD counterpart.

In other words, lets say somebody wants to import a RHD porsche. It's listed in the vehicle elgibility list as a car that can be legally imported by an RI, but only in LHD. A RHD model would have to have documentation from the manufacturer saying that the RHD model meets the same safety standards as the LHD model.

hatebobbarker

i know this, i also know a car company isnt gonna sell a rhd car in america, thats why i mentioned it.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Here's your chance guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...53107

Not much of a hurry to sell I guess, for what he's asking. What's the deal there...do JDM Skylines come with MPH spedos? I thought there were all in KMH.

Here's a nice one. The asking price is on crack though. IS THAT A FRAM OIL FILTER I SEE?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...46675

hatebobbarker

i cant believe people are paying that much for the r33

and that r34 would probably end up costing like 100 after legalization assuming it went for 75, thats how much motorex sold new ones when they were still available.

dave_id

snip those ign wires so it dont start and claim it as parts:thinker

s13ofdoom
Car: car, music, sports

hey what is required to legalize a skyline or a silvia ect....? to legally get it here isn't the problem right? just to get motor passed right or is it even possible?

hatebobbarker

alot :)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Unless you have millions of dollars burning a whole in your pocket, and a strong understanding of the legalization process, it is not worth your time and effort to import anything but a Skyline. And in that case, get it through Motorex or RBMotoring. Despite what anyone says, there is NO cheaper way to get a legal skyline in the U.S. unless you buy it used from someone who has already legally registered it.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Sean aint that bad, we actually agree on quite a few different tuning idea's and what not. Once you get past the arrogance he's pretty cool. I'm just arrogant right back...so we agree to disagree on some things. But he knows his GTR's.

WD

hatebobbarker

thats why hes who i take all my questionst o, him and victor.

AREITU

PalmerWMD wrote:I dont know if a GTR <is> suffciently rare, but this is certainly worth looking into.

GTRs are the equivalent of a Z06 corvette or a Viper. They're not sufficiently rare. 400Rs would probably get the Yakuza on your ***.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

As I understand it, the physical modifications they do to the car are a very small part of the process. What you are paying your $18k for is their crash testing process, and since they crash tested they car, they have to give the stamp on each one that comes to the States. They charge $18k for this stamp basically, to recoup the substantial costs they incurred by smashing up 12 or so skylines (I think 4 each 32, 33, 34). So I think you're basically just paying them to sign off on your car, not to do much with it, aside from a few minor changes.

GTR-33

Motorex did not spend millions of dollars to certify the cars, but there is alot more than a couple things that need to be changed... I have seen the entire list of things.. I wouldn't say it was 25K worth of things, but business is business. You aren't about to get a GTR from anywhere else...

Motorex can't even sell R34s because of ODBII. All GTRs made after 96 sold through Motorex were labeled as 95 cars. Someone caught wind of this, and shut them down...

2.7GTR
Car: The Car

I talk to Sean on a regular basis.RBMotoring has not completed any cars on their own. They have over 500,000 dollars in cars at Motorex right now.....and until they receive all those cars, they won't be doing anything on their own.....that is IF they decide to eventually go out on their own.

There are no legal barriers to them going on their own. Anything Motorex could call "intellectual propery" was likely researched and/or designed by Sean himself. Not much standing room there.....

As for Sean's "attitude". It really depends on how you approach him. I think he's a great guy. Met him in person, finally, at D1 after almost two years of correspondence. He's straight-forward, no double talk. If you get tongue-lashed, you likely made it a point to pester him. Keep in mind, he is constantly bombarded with the same questions day in and day out.....so he (I would too) tend to get a little frustrated that people don't bother to at least search for the info (IE FreshAlloy.com) before going off the deep end.

I would VERY MUCH doubt the validity of ANYONE with the word "Omega" in their email address attempting to sell a skyline. Same goes for Speed53.........................
gsxtasee wrote:ask RBM how many skylines they've leglaized and sold all by themselves. why suppose? they should give a straight answer. From what I've seen Sean post on other forums, he seems to give reasonably accurate info, though often with a little too much 'tude for my tastes.. but I have never met or spoken to him personally so I may be just interpreting the net weird...

2.7GTR

G&K does the emissions process. As for cost....for an OBDI, it runs around 2500 dollars for each testing cycle. Sometimes the car will pass in one.....sometimes they don't. I would hope they would keep their prices high enough to cover the cost on those cars which took more than a couple cycles to pass.

How difficult would it be to sell something without a set price...

"Well, depending on how many times we have to run it through the emissions testing, it could be 8,000 dollars, or 30....."

Make sense?

240s15

Actually, night7 is totally legit. I live near him and I have actually gone by his house to check out a few of the skylines he has brought in. He always has rb and sr clips laying around too, but yeah... He may not be the most technical savvy guy in the world, but he's legit.

2.7GTR

I'll say it one more time for those of you who missed it the first five hundred.

Only those companies listed by the DOT as registered importers and SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATED to be able to bring the Skyline GTR into compliance are able to do so. PERIOD. If he runs his cars through Motorex or RB, he could be legit, but he won't save you a dime. If he doesn't run them through those two, they are not street legal. YOU run the risk of getting caught with an ILLEGAL vehicle, despite it being "registered".

As often as GTR owners get pulled over (very, very often), you had better have all the paperwork in order....Sean was within a minute or so of having his vehicle IMPOUNDED for running dealer plates (which was perfectly legal in his case)

If he is so legit...and so close....wander over, take some pictures (including the Blue Tag on the firewall, and the VIN) and post them. Otherwise, stuff it.
240s15 wrote:Actually, night7 is totally legit. I live near him and I have actually gone by his house to check out a few of the skylines he has brought in. He always has rb and sr clips laying around too, but yeah... He may not be the most technical savvy guy in the world, but he's legit.

Turb0wned

i wish i can get that.... :(

AREITU

2.7GTR wrote:As often as GTR owners get pulled over (very, very often), you had better have all the paperwork in order....Sean was within a minute or so of having his vehicle IMPOUNDED for running dealer plates (which was perfectly legal in his case)

August 2002 of Sport Compact Car. Yellow Bird (an R33) is pulled over and SEan is looking at a police officer. I think it as the issue about street racing.

Another thing to consider is, anywhere that the Skyline is appreciated, word will spread very quickly whenever someone sees a Skyline. So if you live in California and try to register a Skyline without going through RB or Motorex, all you can really do is drive up and down the street and admire it in your garage. It might be different in Arizona.

Sean basically remembers every car he's legalized. Like that busted up R33 on ebay the guy wanted to trade a "hi power honda" for, Sean said "We're glad it got stolen," when asked about it.
2.7GTR wrote:If he is so legit...and so close....wander over, take some pictures (including the Blue Tag on the firewall, and the VIN) and post them. Otherwise, stuff it.

Also, don't forget the very subtle VIN-Substitution plates.

hatebobbarker

rbmotoring knows about night7 they arent worried about him.people dont understand that if it was so easy everybody would have them...

btw how up to date are you, i think rbmotoring was legalizing the white r33 vspec on their own, i could be wrong i never asked, but they did tell me when i buy mine from them, motorex will never touch it.
2.7GTR wrote:I'll say it one more time for those of you who missed it the first five hundred.

Only those companies listed by the DOT as registered importers and SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATED to be able to bring the Skyline GTR into compliance are able to do so. PERIOD. If he runs his cars through Motorex or RB, he could be legit, but he won't save you a dime. If he doesn't run them through those two, they are not street legal. YOU run the risk of getting caught with an ILLEGAL vehicle, despite it being "registered".

As often as GTR owners get pulled over (very, very often), you had better have all the paperwork in order....Sean was within a minute or so of having his vehicle IMPOUNDED for running dealer plates (which was perfectly legal in his case)

If he is so legit...and so close....wander over, take some pictures (including the Blue Tag on the firewall, and the VIN) and post them. Otherwise, stuff it.

dekand
Car: 1995 240sx SE

why haven't you replied about the modification of the odometer Night? People are waitin here ...

2.7GTR

On the RBMotoring issue....I'm very up to date. I talk to Sean on an average of three times per week.

The Sub tags was why I seperated the Blue-plate and the Vin:)

I know VERY well about the spreading of word. I live in Monterey Country. I take night classes at the local community college to bolster my hobby (Auto classes that is). While speaking to the instructor regarding some work I'd like to do on my car (which as you know is not here yet) a couple of kids apparently overheard. Last weekend, a new car buddy took me out to the local car gathering. I heard all about my car from all these people I had never seen before (90% a large load of BS) with some claiming they had seen it cruising the streets taking people's money. I didn't say a word....just listened with the occasional "Skyline, really?". Damn that's funny!

It generates way too much publicity. It's a car. Different...but still just a car.
AREITU wrote:Another thing to consider is, anywhere that the Skyline is appreciated, word will spread very quickly whenever someone sees a Skyline. Also, don't forget the very subtle VIN-Substitution plates.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

BTW for info purposes, I have been talking more to Sean recently. They buy their own cars and import them on their own and Motorex legalizes them so far.. I think Sean MAY be working on doing it through RBM but that's an internet rumor, not from Sean or RBM themselvs...

Sean has been VERY helpful and informative and as for the "switch" on the odometer, it's bullsheet just like the seller. He knows nothing about skylines and cannot import them LEGALLY. I offered to buy one but he can't sell me one. I am still waiting for my car from motorex; though it is at least in the country now... now if only I could DRIVE it!!!!

dekand
Car: 1995 240sx SE

thats awesome man ... i hope to get one in a few years, but thats a few years down the road ;) ... my little half skyline will do for now...

goodies
Car: car's and more car's

There is a way to make them street legal without making it just for show. But it takes a lot of paperwork and time. If you have a skyline here and need it to be legal let me know I might be able to talk my partner into helping you guys out since we do it for our skylines that we import anyway.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”