Skyline shopping?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Eternal_Reign

Where would one find listings for used skylines (in the states already)?

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

http://www.skylinegtr.com which is the MotoRex site. Other than that I don't know. You may want to call them though cause I am sure they could tell you more about what they have or have coming in than what is on teh website.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Yeah, motorex is the only registered importyer i know besides dauntt maybe trying to become one

BuudWeizErr

I think he is talking about people who have already bought them and are selling them. I know about a year and a half ago, I was at my dads office in ontario looking for 240's and I came across someone selling an R33 GT-R in AutoTrader for like 30K. Just look in the same places as you would any other car. It won't be easy to find though.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Look on ebay. I've been shopping lately for one too (well, more like scoping them out for the near future). There are usually one or two legal ones on ebay at almost any time.

Also, you can talk to daunt about it. That might actually be the best idea ;)

jrifter j
Car: drifting

I have imported all cars before to many areas. I could get a skyline way cheaper than Motorex. go to http://www.OmegaSkyline.com to see what we have for sale!!!

gh0stx
Car: Cars (Duh), Paintball, Flying

jrifter j wrote:go to http://www.OmegaSkyline.com to see what we have for sale!!!

link does not work

lessthanjakejohn

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

kinda wish i had the $$$ to get a gt-r, they're my dream car, and the hp is SOOO underated its amazing, an good driver can get them into 13flat or even break into 12s stock, thats crazy for the hp, considering the 350z has almost the same hp and only runs 14s

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Here's a new company importing them as well. They are actually working with Motorex, but somewhat cheaper. http://www.rbmotoring.com

And don't forget to visit http://www.afterdark-tuning.comIf it's from Japan, we can get it for you. Except for a hot japanese girl...you have to get that on your own.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

nlzmo400r wrote:kinda wish i had the $$$ to get a gt-r, they're my dream car, and the hp is SOOO underated its amazing, an good driver can get them into 13flat or even break into 12s stock, thats crazy for the hp, considering the 350z has almost the same hp and only runs 14s

The New Mustang Mach 1 does the same thing all motor, no 4wd, so what? The outlandish prices people are paying for used Rs is criminal. I hope these new companies on the block lower the prices for the guys in the states who simply must have an R. Wouldn't own one myself.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Daunt was very helpfull to me with many many questions that I had concerning getting me a Skyline.The main thing is can you drop some $$ and then wait?Some of the other places I looked you can get one in less time but they cost much more.Such a bad car that not to many people have!:D

nlzmo400r

themadscientist wrote:The New Mustang Mach 1 does the same thing all motor, no 4wd, so what? The outlandish prices people are paying for used Rs is criminal. I hope these new companies on the block lower the prices for the guys in the states who simply must have an R. Wouldn't own one myself.

well i never said the GT-Rs werent over priced, $85k from motoRex??, totaly ripoff, especially since they cost about $55k new in japan, and thats right off the lot, so until they come down to the states, id never pay that much to get one inported and legalized, hell hte NSX cost that much new here, and i think htat is a ripoff, especially when a 4oo+hp zo6 can be bought new for 5ok

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

nlzmo400r wrote:well i never said the GT-Rs werent over priced, $85k from motoRex??, totaly ripoff, especially since they cost about $55k new in japan, and thats right off the lot, so until they come down to the states, id never pay that much to get one inported and legalized, hell hte NSX cost that much new here, and i think htat is a ripoff, especially when a 4oo+hp zo6 can be bought new for 5ok
Those are very good points!The one thing that the Skyline has going for it is thats its rare to have one in the US.The z06 is mad BANG for the BUCK!;)

themadscientist

Well if I ever come back to the states I will be bringing the R30 Paul Newman version. Talk about rare, Motorex suck it. I will find the chump that was in Stupid Street claiming his Hakosuka was GT-R and the Yakuza wanted to kill him and pummel him at the strip if he wants to limp that thing out.

nlzmo400r

themadscientist wrote:Well if I ever come back to the states I will be bringing the R30 Paul Newman version. Talk about rare, Motorex suck it. I will find the chump that was in Stupid Street claiming his Hakosuka was GT-R and the Yakuza wanted to kill him and pummel him at the strip if he wants to limp that thing out.
hey man, i like that magazine, and they did have a lot of controversy over that car, i wouldnt **** if the japanese had the original shelby mustang or something, dont bother me none, even tho its like my heritage or some crap, i dont understand why we al jus cant get along

themadscientist

I have a special dispensation to hate on that guy. I live in Okinawa so did he, I have seen that guy and I have seen that car, I know it's not a GT-R. Why? because my Silvia was parked next to it one night at the street drags and I gave it the once over. He knows it's not a GT-R but he has chosen to BS people as he did through the whole article. He did'nt come correct so he gets no respect. I am one of a dozen or so people here who will hound this screwball if he ever makes the mistake of coming back. Stupid Street chose not to publish any of the comments sent by myself and others clarifying the steaming pile of crap this guy shoveled, they are a rice-rag they gets none.

nlzmo400r

thats crazy man, if u could realze that it wasnt a GT-R, then how they hell did he fool everyone else, i dont get it, i mean, its not the first time superstreet wouldve screwed something up, and they mite have just used the article so they would have something to write bout, i jus dont see how he fooled all those 'professoinals' ya know

themadscientist

If they were "professionals" he wouldn't have fooled them. Take a look at the article, they show the body designation on the fender tag, that's a 2000GT. They came with an L20 six not the L28 that it has now. The reason his buddy wouldn't give him the S20 six is because he didn't have one because he didn't have an R. Starting to make sense isn't it:thinker

nlzmo400r

yea, its all kinda coming together, ive never been all that big on the intellingence of the superstreet staff, i jus like looking at the nice show cars in the mag, and the occasional actual drivable yet fast car, im more of a Sport Compact Car man myself, but naturally i had to have a lil tech and a lil show, so im subscrubed to both

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”