Skullcandy Team Nissan 2013 season Thread

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
Skull candy#33
Car: Nissan Altima coupe SE-R Grand-Am ST class

Skullcandy Team Nissan opens the 2013 Season at Daytona with a very impressive win in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge ST class, the sister car placed a awesome 9th place.

Nissan Altima Coupe Takes Class Victory at Daytona - Nissan Online Newsroom

Team
http://ca-sport.com/

Series
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/contine ... ge-series/

I will be posting all results and answering questions in this thread.

Thanks

Josh
Crew Chief #33/34

Last edited by Skull candy#33 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skull candy#33

Race will air on Feb 2nd.

ltall
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe

Hey Josh, fancy meeting you here. . .

Skull candy#33

Lol hey Lara, just spreading the word!! Just so everybody knows ltall is the team principal, owner, and one of the drivers of the Skullcandy Team Nissan #33/34 Altimas!!!

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Nice work! Very cool to see, and that YOU the crew chief and driver are visiting our forums! Thank you for sharing!

Skull candy#33

Thanks I will try to be as active as I can to answer questions and whatnot.

Follow us on Facebook many times we will be posting from the track during the races.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullcan ... 5147241851

Racingline

Not sure what regulations are in your class but if there is anything Racingline can do to help out just let me know :)

Skull candy#33

Thank you for the support!!

ltall

I've just uploaded a press release and photos to our website. I'll have more photos for the FB page soon.
Here are the links if you're interested.

http://www.ca-sport.com/photos_daytona_2013.html
http://www.ca-sport.com/news.html

You can see photos of Josh in action and read his quote - he's the man!

*Don't forget to keep voting in the Search for a Champion contest either! We need to keep this thing funded!

Skull candy#33

Skull candy#33

Race airs tomorrow at 4 on speed

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Skull candy#33 wrote:Race airs tomorrow at 4 on speed
Nice. DVR set.

ltall

Racingline wrote:Not sure what regulations are in your class but if there is anything Racingline can do to help out just let me know :)
Thanks Racingline. We're pretty limited in what we can do, but we'll check out your site!

Skull candy#33

Working hard to get the cars prepped for Austin at the end of the month.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

Great job with win at Daytona, I purposely didn't watch facebook to see a spoiler so that was a nice surprise.

I know the plan was partial season, if this is still the case hopefully you will be at Watkins Glen in June, I'd love to come talk to you guys a bit.

One question I did have, I know you run VQ, but Grand Am SCR lists specs as TBD, can you reveal what you're allowed engine wise, is it anything more than open exhaust post exhaust mani, intake, mild internal bits, and ECU that every NA car is allowed?

Skull candy#33

Motor is stock. We allowed air intake, exhaust manifold. Internals stock.
Come on by when were at the Glen!

Josh.

Skull candy#33

Skullcandy Team Nissan is at Circuit of the Americas. On track all day tomorrow! We have 2 car running this week.

Skull candy#33

Rough race for is in Austin. First off we had a great crew with us we all worked or butts off. I was expecting it to be nice and warm, it was not. 35 and very windy.

Circuit of the Americas is a great track. We got the cars dialed in and felt we had some thing for the field. We had Vesko Kozarov and Lara Tallman piloting the 33 car and Mickey Miller and Bret Spaude piloting the 34.
The race started out great with both cars moving up thru the field. Mickey got the 34 up to 4th and stayed there for the majority on his stint. We were running a aggressive pit strategy for the 33 as we had in Daytona and pitted Lara at around 20 mins for a driver change and fuel. Vesko got in and got out there working his way back up. We caught a yellow which stacked the field back up and allowed our strategy to play out. Once going back green Vesko reported that the passenger side axle was letting go. He maintained race leaders pace as long as he could. The 34 was doing great but a miscalculation threw off our strategy for the car we pitted Mickey and got Bret in. He rejoined the race in 22 I believe and had a lot of work to do. We got a caution around 55 mins and when he 33 got the wave by when trying to catch the back of the pack the axle let go completely ending Vesko's race. Bret worked hard and drove a great race finishing in 16th.

Cars are on he way back to Salt Lake for prep. Barber Motorsports park is up next!

Skull candy#33

Skullcandy Team Nissan is at Barber Motorsports Park! Today was promoter test day cars were on track!

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Saw you in Grassroot Motorsports Congrats!

Skull candy#33

Thanks!!! I havent seen that yet.

It has been a very rough past 2 races. The 33 car in Barber was in 6th place with 7 min to go when the rear trans mount let go. It had been compromised from an earlier hit from the back and finally let go as Vesko was charging into the top 5.

We just got back from Road Atlanta where the cars were fast. We got practice and qualifying rained out on friday and on saturdays morning practice the #34 car sheared the teeth off 4th gear. With 2.5 hours from the end of practice till the green flag everyone jumped in even the drivers and we completed the trans swap in 1hr50 min.
Well everything was going according to plan #33 did its driver swap early Lara out and Vesko got in the car, he was 1 lap down charging through the field and the sister car makes a bad move going into 10a and takes the #33 car out and a Compass 360 civic. He also ripped off half the #34's front bumper which took out the brake ducts for the left front brake and exposed the radiator to debris. The #33 would not restart and the left front toe was badly compromised. The #34 came in and we conducted a driver change Pete out Derek in, he tried his best to stay competitive but it was not worth the impending damage to continue so we retired the 34 as well. Very dishearting because Vesko was about .2 off the leaders pace and was picking cars off left and right. The Altimas loved Road Atlanta.

Cars are back at the shop and getting worked on for Mid-Ohio in June.

Slizz
Car: 92 nissan 300zx

Makes me want to get a altima! Hahah!!

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”