sirius subscription / navigation / no signal

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Divotman
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

I am having the 'no signal' issue on my 2015 Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package. Well, I was having it, my free trail ran out yesterday.
The only 'fix' for me was to shut off the car, except one time it resolved itself.

DPlettner

My 2015 Rogue SL was serviced for the first time today, and I asked about the problems discussed in this thread. The dealer found this Technical Bulletin:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/latest-u ... 011-a.html

The dealer applied the fix. I am not sure this will fix the No Signal issue, but I am happy to have this fix anyway.

DPlettner

By the way, before the update I had system software version D322, and after the update the version is D407.

The 2014 owners had more problems. They started at D25, then D207, and finally D407. Here is a link to the second page of the D207 thread, which includes a few reviews of the D407 software:

new-d207-nav-radio-update-for-2014-rogu ... 69-30.html

Wenismaster
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I finally convinced Nissan my radio wasn't working right, after showing them a video of the signal dropping once I change stations. The replaced it since it was still under warranty (thank goodness it is like $6,000 so I'm told). Note the dealership will have to cal the cameras afterwards with targets for the BSM and LDW system to work properly (pain in the butt) if your car is so equipped. Anyways never had a problem since. Btw a quick temporary fix if you don't want to replace ur radio is holding down the power button for about 5 seconds till the head unit resets then it should be all good till it...fails...again. Lmk if you have any questions.

lfallon47
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Well, my reception problem has been fixed. They replaced my radio about 2 months ago and there hasn't been a problem.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

The problem actually hasn't reoccurred again for me in nearly a year now after having done nothing to my car. Not sure if it's the car that was the cause or if it was just the local position of the satellites.

ccisn
Car: 2016 Nissan Murano

I have a 2016 Nissan Murano with 35K on it. I bought this used, and is my first time using satellite radio. I have subscribed to SirusXM for the Travel Link and Traffic. The navigation will work without SirusXM, but you do lose traffic and the weather, movies, etc... Everything has always worked for me, and I never really listened to the radio until I bought the subscription. Then I noticed the reception was always very bad. I never really knew how it was supposed to be, but started getting frustrated since I could hardly listen to the radio. FM/AM good, but SirusXM very poor. Would get 30 seconds of content, then blank for one minute. The signal bars would usually always be on 1 bar. When 2 bars I would get sound. It always just depended on where I was and sometimes it was fine, but very rarely.

Eventually, I looked into this and thought this could not be right. I ended up buying a new satellite antenna 28208-5AA5A. I was able to replace it, and it made all the difference. I now get 2 or 3 bars consistently, and as soon as I pull out of my garage, music starts playing right away. Before it would take several minutes (which I thought was normal). If I am not in my garage, and in a parking lot or something, music starts playing right away, just like the radio does immediately after starting my car. I also notice that the weather and fuel prices update a lot faster as well. One weird thing which I didn't know, is that my FM stations worked just fine before replacing the antenna, however after replacing it, I now get HD icons on my FM stations which I never got before. (Have had car for little over a year) This was a very strange thing.

Car is fairly new, low miles, and well maintained. Very odd that the antenna would be bad so quickly. Had to have been bad since purchasing the vehicle. After removing it, it looked fine, and exactly like the one I replaced it with. So if reception is an issue, it could be the antenna. For me I just thought it was my area and/or other things interfering since it worked fine in some areas. (Have heard of Bluetooth interference and T-Mobile towers) This is not the case. If consistently hanging on 1 bar of signal strength, consider replacing the antenna. I was able to buy it for approximately one hundred from a dealer. After replacement, everything is working as it should, and I now know what normal is for this car regarding SiriusXM.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ccisn wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm
I have a 2016 Nissan Murano with 35K on it...
Car is fairly new, low miles, and well maintained. Very odd that the antenna would be bad so quickly. Had to have been bad since purchasing the vehicle...
Nissan has been plagued with earlier than normal parts failure, and parts failing that normally wouldn't fail. Read the comments people left here POLL: Would You Buy Another Nissan?.

Here's another thread worth reading: I AM DONE WITH THIS BRAND!!!--- Rant!

Return to “Rogue Forum”