Silvia Digital Climate control Instructions................

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ka-lin
Car: 1989 Nissan 200sx(European version) S13 CA18DET

I'm sorry to bring this old thread up again, but I need some help, that will be really appreciated.

I have bought a DCC setup from ebay, but it comes withhout the sunload, ambient air temp sensor, inside temp sensor and JDM blower fan speed resistor.

At fitst, I need to get them, so If someone sells - let me know.

Second...:

I have re-wired the harness (my car is european spec, here is called "200sx", equipped with a CA18DET engine), and the DCC has powered-up, of course, with the heater motor blowing at full speed.

But I was wondering should the air-mix mode motor moves when I increase/decrease temperature from the DCC, without any of the four sensors, that I have mentioned above connected? Because my motor doesn't make any movement.

Here is some pictures of my setup:

air-mix mode motor:

JDM harness:

the other parts are the DCC main unit and the blue relay.

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Not sure if it should move or not without the blower speed resistor hooked up.

However, when I installed mine, the air-mix motor had a loose solder joint inside of it. I noticed that if I jiggled the plug around while adjusting the temp, it would sometimes move. So I simply cracked open the motor and re-heated up the solder joints of the pins that go into the plug area.

usdm_180sx
Car: 1993 base model 240sx (s13)

Broadfield wrote:Not sure if it should move or not without the blower speed resistor hooked up.

However, when I installed mine, the air-mix motor had a loose solder joint inside of it. I noticed that if I jiggled the plug around while adjusting the temp, it would sometimes move. So I simply cracked open the motor and re-heated up the solder joints of the pins that go into the plug area.
6 point roll cage used for daily driving = FAIL

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Dude, you have serious issues or no life...... maybe both! I don't know!?!

ka-lin

Broadfield wrote:Not sure if it should move or not without the blower speed resistor hooked up.

Thanks, so I hope the air mix motor is fine.I opened mine, everything inside was in good condition, it cannot be moved by hand from the hob mechanism inside. So, I hope that when I found all 4 needed parts to sort everything.

fayceoff

usdm_180sx wrote:6 point roll cage used for daily driving = FAIL
Unless you're Broadfield - then it's just one more touch on the perfect interior.

ka-lin

I've currently waiting for my sensors (thanks to Dammitboy).

I hope when I put every sensor on it's place, to make my air-mix mode motor to work, to make any movement. Now, it just refuses to move by any side.

I hope the DCC main unit will work fine, because it doesn't look so fine (I've get it from RnD Factory - not too happy from their offer).

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I put getting my air mix motor to work on hold a couple of months ago but I was having the same problem with it not moving when I adjusted the temp up or down. I have everything hooked up except the sunload, ambient and in cabin temp sensors. I guess I should have installed them all. I do know that my air mix motor works because you can check it in diagnostic mode. I went into diagnostic mode and I can hear the air mix motor cycling thru its functions.

ka-lin

Wow, great info!How can I enter the diagnostic mode?

positron1

By 240_ESEXHere you go.To run a self-diagnostic for the DCC:Turn engine on. Within 10 second of starting engine, press and hold ‘OFF’ button on the DCC for 5-10 seconds until all segments on the display light up. Test 1- Display Test. Look for any missing segments or iconsPress Up arrow to get to Test 2.Test 2 – Input signals from each sensor Wait a couple seconds and it’ll display error codes (20=all ok, 21=ambient, 22=in-vehicle, 24=intake, 25=sunload (test in sunlight to prevent this error), 26=PBR)Press Up arrow to get to Test 3 or Down arrow to get to Test 1Test 3 – Mode Door Motor This test takes a little longer. 30=all modes ok, 31=vent, 32=B/L, 33=B/L, 34=Foot/Def 1, 35=Foot/Def 2, 36=DefPress Up arrow to get to Test 4 or Down arrow to get to Test 3Test 4 – Actuators Test Pattern Toggle modes 41-46 by pressing defrost button on ACC.Test 5 – Temperature Readings Press defrost button to toggle through sensors (ambient, in-vehicle, intake in that order). If the temp is -22, then that sensor is not working. The temperature can also be adjusted to compensate for differences between temp setting and the temp felt by driver. It can be adjusted 6 degrees up or down. While in Test 5, press the fan switch and then the temp adjustment can be made using the Up/Down arrows.Hit Auto button or turn car off to exit self-diag.

ka-lin

Hey mate, great help, thank you!I will perform the tests, and especially that one for the air mix motor, and I will type here the result.

ka-lin

Everything with the air mix mode motor is fine!During the tests, it moves:)

positron1

That's where we are at bud. I'm determined to finish this thing up when it gets warm outside again. I'll install those last three sensors and complete this thing.

needforjdm

blue/red & green/white to ignition +light green & light green/yellow to outside car temp sensor

what about the brown/white & green/red?what do u guys do about them?

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

needforjdm wrote:
blue/red & green/white to ignition +light green & light green/yellow to outside car temp sensor

what about the brown/white & green/red?what do u guys do about them?
It looks like they are going nowhere. You just move one wire from that harness to another and hook up outside car temp sensor to it. This picture is from the page 1 of this thread.

94_240sx

positronone wrote:That's where we are at bud. I'm determined to finish this thing up when it gets warm outside again. I'll install those last three sensors and complete this thing.
posi,I shouldn't have looked at your power folding mirror thread. Saw your digital climate control there and couldn't get that out of my head. I asked you if I had all the parts. Right? I figured out and received everything today and just cleaned them up. I think I have more parts than I need. As far as I know, I don't need 2 motors(bi-level and air intake). I've been searching and reading a lot lately, but I still don't get 100%. Anyway, I'll keep researching and try to install this. I will either do another write up or update this thread with more details.

Modified by 94_240sx at 3:43 AM 12/8/2007

94_240sx

Does anyone know what this is? It looks like some kind of sensor. It's on the bracket right next to ambient temp sensor.

ka-lin

I have some questions about 2 things.

The first one is that text into the white frame, and particulary the white underlined text:

What exactly means that - I should connect these two wires to the back of the dash gauge cluster, where I should have the same wires, but where exactly, at which socket?

And is that the only place where I need to connect these wires, or I need to connect it to second, other place, that's underlined text says? I just can't understand the exact sense of that..My car has CA18DET engine, in this case, do I need to make that modification?

And second, much simple question:

That yellow wire from the relay. Where it should be connected?

Thanks for watching!

ka-lin

please

Ben64

I have an Infiniti M30, and the climate control is very similar to the digital one some people here have installed. My air mix door is no longer functioning correctly, I was hoping someone has a picture of where it is located when it is installed, and how to remove it. I'd like to either be able to fix the motor, or make it manually adjustable. It's stuck on cold right now, and its getting below freezing now.

needforjdm

your 1st question: u can ignore those 2 wires there. I think most of them do not hook up these 2 wires.

your 2nd question: I am not sure if you r getting the right relay there. attached photo is the jdm relay. i see no yellow wire on it!

94_240sx

What's up, needforjdm? ^^

This question goes to for those who installed air mix door motors on your car, do I have to take the dash out? 3 Nico DCC write-ups didn't mention anything about taking the dash out. How hard is it to install it with the dash in?

positron1

No need to take out the dash, just the radio and din unit. You can get the motor into place through the dash where the radio/din is and you can reach around behind the bottom of the dash if you need to as well.

94_240sx

positronone wrote:No need to take out the dash, just the radio and din unit. You can get the motor into place through the dash where the radio/din is and you can reach around behind the bottom of the dash if you need to as well.
As usual. Thanks man!!

2iv0 sx

94_240sx wrote:Does anyone know what this is? It looks like some kind of sensor. It's on the bracket right next to ambient temp sensor.
This is the outside air temp correct?

Where exactly will I find it off this front clip?http://i253.photobucket.com/al...3.jpgh ... al...1.jpg

needforjdm

under the hood latch

94_240sx

needforjdm wrote:under the hood latch
One tough thing was part names... People call the parts differently, but I figured them after I went through this thread several times. We need some naming convention. That's 'Outside Ambient Temp Sensor.' The other side of this A/C condensor under the hood latch, there's a bar runs vertically. It should be there.

ka-lin

Thanks for the answer, fella. So, the DCC unit does not need to get information about the temperature of the engine (coolant) however (via coolant temp gauge)?

And, where do you guys fit the internal air tem sensor, when aspirator hose socket are missing to the heater unit? I mean, does the air need to move via internal temp sensor, or it's enough to fit it somewhere in the cabin?

Thanks;)

94_240sx

ka-lin wrote:Thanks for the answer, fella. So, the DCC unit does not need to get information about the temperature of the engine (coolant) however (via coolant temp gauge)?
I know what you are talking about. Yes, you can hook it up to temp gauge, but as far as I know, no one did that to their DCCs. I read it in one of the write ups. If you hook this up, fan won't blow hard until engine warms up in a cold day.
ka-lin wrote:And, where do you guys fit the internal air tem sensor, when aspirator hose socket are missing to the heater unit? I mean, does the air need to move via internal temp sensor, or it's enough to fit it somewhere in the cabin?
You gotta be creative about this. Beatupsx did this to his DCC. You can find in this write up.

zerothread?id=160285

You just make a slot somewhere, so sensor can read cabin air temp. That's about it. If you have an aspirator hose, it'll suck the air and air will pass through the sensor.

ka-lin

94_240sx wrote:
I know what you are talking about. Yes, you can hook it up to temp gauge, but as far as I know, no one did that to their DCCs. I read it in one of the write ups. If you hook this up, fan won't blow hard until engine warms up in a cold day.

You gotta be creative about this. Beatupsx did this to his DCC. You can find in this write up.

zerothread?id=160285

You just make a slot somewhere, so sensor can read cabin air temp. That's about it. If you have an aspirator hose, it'll suck the air and air will pass through the sensor.
That is what I needed!But, after all re-wiring of the little 7-pin connector, only 2 wires are available, i think, green/red and brown wires.Do you have a idea which wire(color) where to the temp. gauge at the dash needs be connected?I just want to complete the conversion more as possible.Thanks, mate;)

EDIT: I have found that the brown/white wire( at the male connector) matched with the blue/black wire(female connector), what needs to be connected to the temp gauge cluster socket at the back of it. Is that correct ?

Modified by ka-lin at 12:56 PM 12/16/2007
Modified by ka-lin at 12:58 PM 12/16/2007

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”