Silvia Digital Climate control Instructions................

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
georgegto
Car: Nissan s13

Can someone tell me where i can put the aspirator hose?

iiymij
Car: 240sx coupe

If you use a knife you can just cut right into the air box and plug in your hose there.

Ughs, I tried the different ones on the stereo, ie plain blue wire, blue and red no go there, and my black and red wire doesnt seem to be working anymore because my DCC doesn't remeber my last settings. Checked a few fuses and nothing...

i hope it gets better from here on in, anybody have any ideas?

could my blower motor sensor be blown?

iiymij

anybody got any ideas on how to get the blower motor working? I think i've tried about everything I could find or try....

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Do you have the correct resistor?

iiymij

according to Kevin, I should since that's who I got it from. I have the rod one just like yours but kevin said it works the same and it should work? He said he had the same problem but im just waiting for him to get back to me as to which wire he spliced it to

needforjdm

can u take photos on your blower motor resistor?we can help u to verify whether u getting the right stuff

iiymij

needforjdm wrote:can u take photos on your blower motor resistor?we can help u to verify whether u getting the right stuff
this is the sensor i got from dammitboy, he said it should work just like the sensor with fins instead

3 prong

dunno if this helps but i have a 92 coupe fully loaded power sunroof power windows, etc. digital speedo, ac
Modified by iiymij at 2:21 AM 6/12/2007

positron1

So is your blower motor not working at all or is it just on all the time and you can't control it with the on/off button? If it's not working at all then you need to plug in the big blue relay under the dash. That's the one I had to pull before I got the right resistor in order to turn off my constantly blowing blower motor.

iiymij

positronone wrote:So is your blower motor not working at all or is it just on all the time and you can't control it with the on/off button? If it's not working at all then you need to plug in the big blue relay under the dash. That's the one I had to pull before I got the right resistor in order to turn off my constantly blowing blower motor.
it's blowing non stop, the off button doesn't even shut it off. I have a b/r from the 7 pin that is supposed to go somewhere but every spot I've tried doesnt help me get blower options,

tried tying it to the blower plug, * b/r and b/w *tried the couple of extra 12v sources for the radio

b/blckr/bplain blue

iiymij

bump* so close yet so far

gtrperformance
Car: FULLY BUILT 1989 USDM KPS13 W/RB20DET

I'm not dogging this write-up but I wrote one awhile back in an attemp to make things clearer. zerothread?id=194976

It's also on http://www.jdmblog.com with pics too. I'm still stuck with the temp motor not working. Anyone figured it out yet?

iiymij

thanks for the input GTR

i think i did everything in urs as well, just had a q, when u said this:

Next, UNPLUG the factory USDM fan relay which is taped to the brown harness just to your heat box. Look underneath your drivers side dash and to the right and you'll see it. NOTE: If your JDM harness has no sensor then leave this in place.

It's a blue fan relay to unplug right?

gtrperformance

YEP!

iiymij

did that too, but still blowing hard

this is how i connected it, dont know if it matters though

1 - to OEM blower plug (b/r)2 - to 7 pin b/r wire 3 - to oem blower plug (b/w)

then I plugged in this plug to the blower motor

i don't know if this makes a difference but i guess they are spliced together in a way... or is that y mine is not working?

positronone, did you splice them and get the same results even after you spliced it?
Modified by iiymij at 10:39 PM 6/17/2007

iiymij

bump*

gtrperformance

Sorry I don't have an answer for you homie. If you lived close I would just come over and fix it for free. BC? If you were in DC maybe. God bless Cannucks though. oh yeah.....BUMP.

positron1

iiymij wrote:positronone, did you splice them and get the same results even after you spliced it?

Modified by iiymij at 10:39 PM 6/17/2007
I didn't splice any of the wires.

iiymij

thanks for looking into this for me guys, i guess the last thing i can do is bring it to a Import garage here and see if they know anything =P

good luck to the rest of ya and positronone maybe if you can, splice the wires like me so that you dont have to cut the blower motor plug and see if works for ya

cheers!

iiymij

bump*

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

iiymij wrote:bump* so close yet so far
Did you ever get your blower motor figured out? I have your answer if you did not!

iiymij

nope havent had any luck with it still =(

im starting to think my blower resistor is either the wrong one or burnt out with my many attempts rofls

any help or leads would be great Broadfield!
Broadfield wrote:
Did you ever get your blower motor figured out? I have your answer if you did not!

Broadfield

Problem:

The JDM blower speed controller is deeper than the USDM one. The bottom 2 fins on the JDM unit hit the Aluminum AC line inside the blower box when you bolt it in. This grounds the chassis of the blower speed controller which causes it to run the blower motor at full speed. If you unbolt the blower speed controller while the blower is on and pull it out just a little, the blower motor will stop running at full blast and run at the speed you have it set at. This is just to test to see if the grounding problem is indeed your problem. If so, just grind down the fins a little and problem solved. Some people don't have this problem because the AC line inside the blower box is bent slightly different than others, effectivelly giving more clearance and not grounding out. I also had to have both the blue USDM high speed fan relay and the JDM relay plugged in to get the speeds to work correctly. Mine is also wired so that I am using all of the USDM wiring. I used the JDM DCC sub harness and wired the green/white and blue/red to IGN, the single red wire w/white plug to 12+ and grounded the red/yellow for illumination. That's it.... everything else just plugs in.
Modified by Broadfield at 5:40 AM 8/10/2007

battleroyale

found a 90's maxima with digital climate control at the junkyard the other day and was wondering if any one had used sensor from early 90's maximas to get the jdm unit to work

iiymij

thanks for that information Broadfield! I'll try it out as soon as possible and even probably give you a call when I'm doing it lols

i havent tried plugging in both fan relays and as for the blue red wire, i can still hook that up with my extra blower harness I split right?

Broadfield

iiymij wrote:thanks for that information Broadfield! I'll try it out as soon as possible and even probably give you a call when I'm doing it lols

i havent tried plugging in both fan relays and as for the blue red wire, i can still hook that up with my extra blower harness I split right?
The blue/red wire on the JDM sub harness needs to go to IGN. I hooked it in with my radio. You can also hook it up to the heavy gauge blue/red on the blower motor.

iiymij

thanks for the try Broadfield, i tried all the steps there as well nothing worked. You are right about the ac line though, my blower constantly blows when touching it however when not touching it, it doesnt blow at all. I've tried one relay plugged in and both plugged in. Still no good, im really starting to think its the resistor i bought, if you can check back up on this thread you can see the blower motor resistor im using, not exactly the JDM one with fins though... kevin said it should work with this though.
Broadfield wrote:
The blue/red wire on the JDM sub harness needs to go to IGN. I hooked it in with my radio. You can also hook it up to the heavy gauge blue/red on the blower motor.

Broadfield

I am not sure you have it wired in the same method that I used. I used all of the factory USDM wiring! I left the blower motor plug alone, unmodified. I used the factory USDM blower speed controller plug, unmodified.... just plugged the USDM plug into the JDM sensor. I only modified the wires I explained in the post above.... that's it! The ONLY JDM wiring I used was the sub harness and the sensors that plug into the sub harness: sun load sensor, cabin temp sensor and the plug that connects to the air mix motor(which is part of the sub harness).

iiymij

i have a similar problem but for me still no go blows hard as well

to make it simple ill just write out my steps again

1. took out the green white wire 7 pin JDM plug and placed into the 16 pin JDM plug to be connected

2. ground the red yellow wire from the USDM side going to the car to my shifter

3. have the blue red wire from the 7 pin JDM plug to my blow via this wiring method

*1 - to OEM blower plug (b/r)*2 - to 7 pin b/r wire *3 - to oem blower plug (b/w)

4. straight plugged in my USDM plug for the blower resistor motor sensor into this blower motor sensor

5. plugged in my USDM and JDM fan relay

6. connected plugs and blows hard no way of turning it off

side notesthe blower resistor is not the one with fins, its the one kevin supplied me

ive tried plugging in just the JDM fan relay, no goive tried plugging in just the USDM fan relay, no gotried both plugged in still no goi've pulled out my blower motor resistor from the box and if it doesnt touch the AC pipe it doesnt blow at all

if it touches the AC pipe it blows like no tomorrow

i think its the blower motor resistor but until then, im at a stump

Broadfield

You need to grind down the lower fins, pins, columns whatever you want to call them. That is why it blows at full speed and you can't turn it off. I explained it above. Until you grind those down it is not going to function properly. You may have other issues, but until you get that ground down, you won't be able to figure out the other issues.

GRIND NOW!

iiymij

Broadfield thanks your insight but ive tried it out of the filter box and it doesnt touch the ac line at all and when that happens it doesnt blow at all

but i will find a chance to grind them down when I can, my main concern was has anyone else used the same sensor and made it work?

will let you everyone know how it goes.

^__^
Broadfield wrote:You need to grind down the lower fins, pins, columns whatever you want to call them. That is why it blows at full speed and you can't turn it off. I explained it above. Until you grind those down it is not going to function properly. You may have other issues, but until you get that ground down, you won't be able to figure out the other issues.

GRIND NOW!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”