Sickest show you've been to.. GO!

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

marlin29311 wrote:Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

No, I'm not kidding.
Great shows! I've been the past three years in Knoxville but they dropped it for this year so I'm looking at Charlotte, Nashville, or Greeneville SC.

But...

...by far the best event I've been to was seeing Primus, Young Black Teenagers, Public Enemy and Anthrax all together. Seeing Public Enemy and Anthrax bust out "Bring the Noise" at the end of the show was completely and utterly epic.

Mauisnow13
Car: 1991 300zx Twin Turbo

Rush was probably one of the best shows I've been to.

Steady_One_S13
Car: 1991 SR'd 240sx S13, 1993 Toyota SW21 Mr2...

Rock The Bells '07, San Bernardino, CAThe headliners were Wu-Tang and Rage Against The Machine. And lots of Hip Hop music.

Cypress Hill SMOKEOUT FESTIVAL '09, San Bernardino, CASo much music, so much herb in the air.http://www.guerillaunion.com/smokeout/

Thee best concerts I've ever attended.

SarahLovesHer300zx
Car: 1989 JDM z32TT 2+2, 2012 R1, 2007 Xterra Off Road 6mt

METALLICA (MY GODS) Death Magnetic Tour October 3, 2009 with opening act Lamb of God

DamonDread
Car: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo

Sorry Rise Against sux hard!Had to make that known. LOL

Madball!

2nd Kill your Idols 3rd Janes Addiction (Perry Ferrel might have been in a miniskirt, but it was one helluva show)

nate00

either In this Moment, In Fear and Faith, and Motionless in White last night (a winter to remember tour) or the Attack Attack, Miss May I, and I set my friends on fire show

RCA

DJ Teisto: Elements of Life World TourSeptember 15, 2007Glow Presents Love (Outdoor), Washington, D.C.

First 10 minutes of Teisto's set- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsCMfJZpZS0Sound is brought to you by xm satelite radio broadcast so what you hear wasn't what is was like in the crowd

Dittie Doughnuts
Car: 1991 S13

By far, this. BTBAM live is amazing.

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

Rob.Vegan wrote:
Rock the Bells San Bernardino 07

It was amazing, didn't want to wake up super early so we only went for Cypress, Wu Tang, and Rage
That was an amazing show. The 2nd stage with Felt and Sage Francis was the best part. That was my first RATM show and I've been listening to them since the self titled album came out in '92. I was somewhat disappointed mainly because of the amount of money they got paid to re-assemble for that show.
Rob.Vegan wrote:Mars Volta and System would be a close second for me.Only because we couldn't get in the pit area, it was like a 25foot drop from the general seating I was in like 8th grade or maybe a freshman and was pretty scared of jumping that far
Did you go to one of the Long Beach Shows? I was on that tour for the first leg (a little over a month long). I'll see if I can find some pics when I get home.

Some of the sickest shows I've been to were

Mr. Bungle @ the Venture Theatre(s***ty venue) California Album TourFantomas playing with the Melvins at the Knitting FactoryMike Patton + Buckethead + Moonraker(DJ) the following nightPhish @ the Key Club, got a private performance in the VIP room for me and 20 other people

There was a music festival I filmed down in Cabo San Lucas, MX called Mextravaganza which was an evening show then a full day of artists.

Night ShowRonnie Size with this insane female singerCrystal MethodChristopher LawerencePeretz(Perry Farrell)Jason Bentley

Janes AddictionCypres HillKottonmouth KingsOzomatliThe VandalsThe BreedersPennywiseNortec Collective

We had a hotel for the backstage area and I got to be in the room when Janes Addiction was practicing with doors covers.

I'll take a break and come back with a few stories later, if anyone is interested.

Modified by Empty V at 1:29 PM 3/3/2010

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I'm going to date myself.

1989- Vixen, Ratt and Ozzy. Ozzy in his cocaine glory when he was much more coherent then now. Ratt was simply amazing. Vixen had some hot chicks who could sing and play

1989-Testament, Slayer and Metallica on the "and justice for all" tour.

1990- Cinderella, Black Crowes and Aerosmith.

1990-Kiss and Whitesnake, Whitesnake nearly didn't go on because they had a fight with Kiss over use of pyrotechnics. Whitesnake came out and rocked the show harder than Kiss.

1991-Badlands- a most underated band with an amazing lead singer- the late Ray Gillen and solid guitarist in Jake E Lee.

1991-LA Guns and Motley Crue

1992-Skid Row, Motorhead and Black Sabbath on the "Dehumanizer tour". Dio knows how to deliver a show.

1992- Van Halen

1992-Lynch Mob and AC/DC, Original Lynch Mob lineup with Oni Logan and George Lynch(killer solo). AC/DC with the Razor's Edge lineup.

1992-Metal Church, Dangerous Toys, Alice Cooper and Judas Priest. Halford hit his head riding out on his bike on a low overhang and knocked himeself out briefly. He recovered and deleivered a killer show.

1992- Lenny Kravitz and the Cult. For the second encore Lenny Kravitz jammed with the Cult on old Doors and Steppenwolf songs.

1993-Kiss Revenge Club Tour. Kiss stripped down in a small club setting, just rocking out.

1993-Four Horsemen and Cry of Love, two underated bands that delivered a stripped down, rollicking rock&roll show and then fought on the stage.

1996-Kiss Reunion tour.

1998-Yngwie Malmsteen. Didn't talk, just played.

1998-Wu Tang Clan-Imagine a hip hop group that actually started a show on time and played a 3+ hour non stop set without a supporting act.

2000 or 2001? Kyuss and Fu Manchu.

2004-Prince on his Musicilogy tour. No supporting act. He played a 3+ hour show.

It was either 2004 or 2005-Slayer and Judas Priest on the Judas Priest United tour.

Return to “The Music Room”