Short throw shifter

All things Altima Coupe.
Tommy:]
Car: Altima Coupe 2.5s MT

Viper5000 wrote:Some people are just wimpy I guess. j/k I was able to get the shift knob off with my bare hands.......

Use the force within
Yeah, I got mine off with my hands too even though my knob hasn't come in. I was just playing with it though haha

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

Sorry that's me yelling at my knob...um, that's what she said?

Alt.ImaCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

Nice new knob arrived on my doorstep today. I didn't even go into the house. Went right back to the car and installed.

So now...after the STS kit, synthetic oil, and heavier knob...the car certainly shifts better. I'm actually amazed at the improvement in a transmission that I had pretty much written off as being crappy. Still not the best I've had, but a solid good is the best way to describe it.

So for anyone that's on the fence with this one...if you enjoy driving, then this is money very well spent.

Now to figure out what's next. Maybe a strut tower bar. Can't bring myself to do suspension work in the winter.

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Alt.ImaCoupe wrote:Nice new knob arrived on my doorstep today. I didn't even go into the house. Went right back to the car and installed.

So now...after the STS kit, synthetic oil, and heavier knob...the car certainly shifts better. I'm actually amazed at the improvement in a transmission that I had pretty much written off as being crappy. Still not the best I've had, but a solid good is the best way to describe it.

So for anyone that's on the fence with this one...if you enjoy driving, then this is money very well spent.

Now to figure out what's next. Maybe a strut tower bar. Can't bring myself to do suspension work in the winter.
here's a little bit of an inside for yall. A really nice upgrade in handling is coming soon for the car.

more info when I'm allowed too

Blackmobile
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S Super Black

Hydraulics??

sounds like someone's doing some prototyping..

RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

mcheddadi wrote:
here's a little bit of an inside for yall. A really nice upgrade in handling is coming soon for the car.

your freakin relentless!!! LOL

cant wait to hear what it is!

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

I know what it is, LOL......

ursus
Car: 07 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

spockrock wrote:I know what it is, LOL......
is it goin to fit the sedans?

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

ursus wrote:is it goin to fit the sedans?
yes I believe it should......actually there are two items coming if I remember correctly, from racingline both should should fit.

LinkNuc

Wow, I never though a knob could make a difference, can;t wait for the STS kit its across the border already!

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

mcheddadi wrote:

I'm voting for an H-brace or some other form of under-frame stability!

mcheddadi
Car: R8

spockrock wrote:
yes I believe it should......actually there are two items coming if I remember correctly, from racingline both should should fit.
lol!

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Im starting to get excited, what the heck is coming out?

II Knucklez II
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 6MT

mind should be here on the 28th cant wait and i still looking for a knob that really like

RobPaulson

dldjros69 wrote:Im starting to get excited, what the heck is coming out?
http://forums.altimas.org/zero...ow-on

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

@ Rob

Ive had the sts installed on my car for like a month now
mcheddadi wrote:

what is this part???????

GreyZone
Car: AC 3.5 SE 6MT Dazling White

FINALLY installed my STS yesterday, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Along with the RAZO RA96 (redline synthetic also) its like a totally different (improved) transmission.

That, and I also put my Injen intake on yesterday...its a totally different feel and sound to the car...LOVE IT!!

Special thanks to Doc Robert and AlienTracker John for meeting up for some group work!

Modified by GreyZone at 8:57 PM 1/25/2009
Modified by GreyZone at 8:57 PM 1/25/2009

mpbclutch33
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5L, 6-speed, Radiant Silver.

I just ordered mine! I can't wait. What is the average shipping time been so far? I want to order that TWM A-1 Weighted Shift know, but I can't see spending $100 on it. Does anyone know of the same type knob(Weighted Round) for cheaper.

RobPaulson

gota come from canada . . . fedex . . . mine was shipped on the 19th and should be arriving on the 29th

mpbclutch33
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5L, 6-speed, Radiant Silver.

I leave for Vail Colorado on Feb.14th for 5 days so I hope it is here and I can get it installed before I leave so I am not wondering while I am there! Lol

LinkNuc

Yeah its called bar or round stock, lathe, tap/die and 10 bucks to your little sister's boyfriend in 5th period Metal Shop.

Or sand mold tap/die, grind/buff done.

No, buff your own knob.

RobPaulson

there needs to be a 'thats what she said' smiley lol

ursus

Just installed my STS, all i can say is WOW.

Wow as in WOW that STS kit is genius at its finest, so much more fun to drive now.

also

Wow as in WOW that piece of shxt metal clip is so damn hard to take off.

Blackmobile
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S Super Black

Got my shift knob in today, the Razo RA96 and I had no idea our stock shift knob was soooo light. This thing weighs a ton compared to the stock knob, and after installing it i can already feel the difference, smooth like butta! haven't driven yet, but i'm heading to the airport later, 45min drive there and back will be a good indication of how nice it feels. i've got a good feeling it'll be a sweet ride already though

Viper5000
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 3.5SE/6MT

Yeah, I just got my Razo Ra96 in yesterday as well.......

Yeah DEFINITELY a BIG improvment over stock

Shifting is already butter (I cant wait for Redline stuff). I am so glad I took the word of mcheddadi and others about the STS and went ahead and got it. Should get it any day now. This is going to be awesome.

RobPaulson

Viper5000 wrote:Yeah, I just got my Razo Ra96 in yesterday as well.......
+1

Worth every penny . . . taking the stock knob off was a bit nerve wracking only cause i dont like using that much force on stuff in the interior of my car (MY BABY! lol).

STS should be in Thurs!!! I cant wait!!!!

II Knucklez II
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 6MT

just installed mind and like everyone says WOW i love it big difference. will be getting the Redline soon

also thank u to every one that made this possible!!!! dont know if half the things out for are car would be here, if it wasnt for the Nico Family

Bostonaholic
Car: 08 Altima 3.5SE Sedan

I am ordering my STS right meow.

I really like the RA96 but it seems like EVERYONE and their mother is getting it. Are there other shift knobs that are as heavy (or close) as the RA96 and look similar? I don't like the ball type or the cylindrical type either. I don't like color, only black/silver. Thanks.

ursus

STS review update

- Due to the decrease in the radius of the shift lever, the force needed to throw each gear increases, but it's most apparent when I am cruising around 30mph and want to drop it to 2nd gear, I had to use some muscle to really get that gear in. Anyone else has that problem?

My car has 18k miles btw. Time for tranny fluid?

chow
Car: Altima coupe 3.5SE

Does the STS make the shifter shorter? If not I'm guessing it makes the throws shorter.. How bout smoother?

Anyone have videos of the throw? I've never installed a short shifter and don't see the point, can anyone explain it to me?(I guess it shortens the throw by a small percentage 10-20% so you can shift .0001 seconds faster??)

Im still really interested even though I don't see a huge difference in non STS and STS.

Convince me!!I just want a reason to buy it...................

P.S If it shortens the length of the shifter I'm definetly buying!

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”