Service manuls with Multiple ERRORS

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
outThere
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE
2004 Sentra
2006 Chevy Malibu

It's almost to the point that it's hard for me to believe it is accidental. I sure hope the Nissan techs have different service manuals. 2002 Sentra. Wrong fuel pressure stated, the arrow on the strut tower wrong direction, power steering pump drawing the inlet tube port facing the wrong way. There was also something with the fuel pump...can't remember what it was. The 2003 Altima i have not used that manual as much, it has the same strut wrong direction. what is the origin of these manuals. I find it hard to believe they are "Factory" service manuals. All the GM factory service manuals i have are like 3 phone book size volumes by Helm inc.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

They all came directly from Nissan, so your issue is with them.

Believe it or not, I've had countless Nissan and Infiniti techs (including a couple who are staff here) tell me that the techs use our manuals since it's such a pain to access them through NNA's dealer system.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

outThere wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 pm
...what is the origin of these manuals. I find it hard to believe they are "Factory" service manuals. All the GM factory service manuals i have are like 3 phone book size volumes by Helm inc.
Not every car company does things the same way. Ever try getting your hands on Honda tech manuals, especially a free copy? Nearly impossible. For that matter, a fast way to get booted out of a Honda forum is offering to share a copy of a FSM.

You're always welcome to get your own copy directly from NNA. https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptsubs.aspx For a mere $210.00 (USD) they'll send you a hard copy on CD of the year and model you're interested in. They also will allow access to a PDF version, which can be viewed online, for a fee.

Online Subscription Rates:
1. One Year Subscription $720.00
2. 90 day Subscription $225.00
3. 30 day Subscription $75.00
4. One day Subscription $19.99

jtkc
Car: 2002 Infiniti G20 base leather options package.
Kr4 paint code tan interior.

The errors are concerning. To say the least. I bought my 2002 g20. Summer 2019. Prior to that as far back as 2006. Ive owned 88-91 honda or acura cars. And one of the first items i buy is i source an FSM which hasnt been much ofa problemor costly.(100 or less. And 100 was for a fresh reprint of the FSM for my 90 integra. Which it was bound etc. like a paperback book wpuld be. Except 6inches thick/tall lol.

When i went to source the fsm. For the 02 g20. I ended up getting mine on a cdrom in pdf format. For less than 50. I want to say i had the option to have a paper printed version as sn option. But it was higher cost than 50. But under or a lil over 100. I didnt pay it much thought at time regarding any copy right protections are still active. Dont really give it much concern niw either, although im not afan of unnecessary corporate greed. Affecting my ability to access and acquire a repair manual.that is for a model not currently being made and thats been out of production for more than 10 years. Similar to this new trend of software that requires a well monthly subscription fee. To access it. Or to render it usable. Without the option to out right purchase the software and hsving a physical copy of it be it a download file or cd. Etc.
i digress and back on topic.

From using a honda fsm. And then having to use an infiniti fsm. I can confirm. Theres a noticeable difference. Between the two. Regarding the ease of comprehrnsion. While reading thru how a process is performed. The honda fsm. Is the winner on that. The infiniti. Fsm. Has room for improvement. Would be an easy quick way to summ it up.

Search engine can be yer friend. Especially. Starting ftom the search results starting with the 2nd page up to 5th or 6th. Page of results. Leading to viable unsketchy sources. Sometimes even very easily found on a very well known e-auction website. Just keep common sense in mind. Ne ways.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'm always stunned that despite paying full price for all of these (nearly 20 years ago), loading them (a month-long project annually), and hosting them (bandwidth for pdf documents is expensive), someone always finds something to whine about. :)

JTKC, a couple thoughts: When you bought that CD-ROM, you bought a bootleg pirated copy of a copy of a copy. Some dude in China doesn't give a damn that it contains inaccuracies, as long as you pay up. They used to be quite common, and some were amazingly incomplete.

You're 100% correct about common sense and research. Just remember, even the people who assemble the manuals are prone to errors, and holding them to a higher standard than you and I seems somewhat disingenuous. ;)

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”