Sentra vs. WRX

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

On a lighter note. Bud, i paid 4k for my altima, you give me the difference between that and the cost of your WRX, and we will see who's faster. All I need is a 50 wet shot and I will race you any time. The 50 shot would be good enough for mid 14's

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

not to kill your dreams, but a 5o shot wont get u from 16.7 to mid 14s, just wont happen, it mite get u down to 16 flat or so, but no where near mid 14s

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Altiman94 wrote:On a lighter note. Bud, i paid 4k for my altima, you give me the difference between that and the cost of your WRX, and we will see who's faster. All I need is a 50 wet shot and I will race you any time. The 50 shot would be good enough for mid 14's

I wouldnt give you the difference in price between my car and yours because I would spend it on a wild *** vacation in the sunny and sandy beaches of Cancun.

With the right about of money, you can make anything go fast.

nlzmo400r

Cold_Zero wrote:I wouldnt give you the difference in price between my car and yours because I would spend it on a wild *** vacation in the sunny and sandy beaches of Cancun.

With the right about of money, you can make anything go fast.
heh, im goin to cancun today!!, no kiddin, my boat leaves around noon, ill be back in a week guys, sorry, no laptop with fancy wireless internet to take with me, but now..........off to wash the car up so she's clean when i return:ylsuper

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nlzmo400r wrote:not to kill your dreams, but a 5o shot wont get u from 16.7 to mid 14s, just wont happen, it mite get u down to 16 flat or so, but no where near mid 14s

A 50 shot is plenty to bring a high 16 down to a 14. You can bring a high 16 down to a flat 16 with just a couple extra HP.

Cold_Zero

I think it is pretty much a pipe dream to say, give me the difference in money between what you bought your car for and what I bought my car for. No one in their right mind would give you the money. If I spent 24k on my WRX, I would not turn around and give 20k to anyone to mod another person's car. If I were in that situtation, I would have 44k and would have bought a different car.

I think that you are probably implying that if you had 20k to work on your car, it would be faster than mine. Sure! With the right about of money, you can make anything go really fast. But the differences on why we bought our cars (my WRX and your Altima) were for different reasons. There are pluses and minuses to our cars and why we bought them.

All in all, I think my money for right now is better spent on other things. I have been asked to cool it with the WRX by my wife and I respect that. Doesnt mean later I can build it up with a Stage3 setup from Vishnu Tuning.

Altiman94

I've seen a 95 altima with i/e run 16.6, he added a 50 wet shot of nitrous and ran 14.4 with the same mods listed. I know more about nitrous than any person should

Altiman94

Bud honestly, You spent 24k, so I get to spend 24k. That means I have 20k left to mod my car. I didn't literally mean you give me the money, it was a figure of car speach

Cold_Zero

If you want to spend 20K on your car, I wont stop you.

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

Who cares they are different types of cars. No offense Altiman94 but I would take the WRX over the Altima any day. I have yet to see a Altima do 11s at the track and I know there are some WRXs doing it. Not to mention the WRX will monkeywhore the Altima in skidpad numbers and all around handling. Just cause Bud is still learing how to drive his car, there is no need to knock him for that. If you don't properly lauch that thing it will put up slower times. However you don't want to keep properly drag launching the WRX either or you will have some tranny issues shortly with hard launches.

Now don't get me wrong I like the Altima and there is a guy here in Louisville that has a very nice turboed KA in his but like I said they are two different cars. The Altima is a family sedan. The WRX is a performance car.

I would really like to see the Alti that ran a 14.4 with 50shot. The best times on my Spec on funny gas are high 13s but appraently there are some issues with traction :mad: I guess it could be done but I would have to see it to believe it.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Id guess that with a 50 shot I could get the 3.5 to a low to mid 14!;) I know what you are saying though Cory.Its hard to comapre some cars.Like on LS there is a thread about a s2000 or WRX.If you could get two cars so far from each other it would be those two....LOL

nlzmo400r

true, two totally different classes, theres somethings you'd like more about the alty, some about the scooby, its all a matter of opinoin by then

Altiman94

WRX's don't handle very well in stock form. The altima is gone now, replaced by an S13. If you wanna take me to a auto-x course I'd be glad to be challenged by a WRX

nlzmo400r

no offense , but a wrx would own u terribly, assuming your s13 is stock of course, and wrx handle amazingly even in stock form, ive only driven one, and it was on a very windy road at about 6omph or so (35mph zone) and it handled perfectly, well close to it, and in the rain i hear they're unsurpased

OneFastStanza

Altiman94 wrote:WRX's don't handle very well in stock form. The altima is gone now, replaced by an S13. If you wanna take me to a auto-x course I'd be glad to be challenged by a WRX

I hate to break it to you but the WRXs in the AutoX are some of the best cars out there. There are a couple of them here that consistently close to the top PAXes of the day at every event. Driven by people that know what they are doing, the WRX is a beast plain and simple.

Have you even AutoXed before? I will tell you that you may think you can drive like Michael Andretti but when it comes race time and you have to do everything you learned on Gran Turismo 3, it is a whole different ball game. When you start out you are never on par with the best drivers out there, it doesn't work that way. The best drivers out there have a$$ loads of seat time and know their cars like the back of their hand. Besides, AutoX is 90% driver and 10% car anyhow. Why do you think Miatas are so popular on the AutoX circuits and outrunning Z06 Vettes or at least running similar times?

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Altiman94 wrote:WRX's don't handle very well in stock form. The altima is gone now, replaced by an S13. If you wanna take me to a auto-x course I'd be glad to be challenged by a WRX

:withstup

yOUWOULD BE so OWNED. dAMN.

nlzmo400r

not to bring up a sore subject altiman94, but when i said u opsted 'less than accurate' information, this is what i meant

humpy012
Car: Mark VIII

ill second the wrx's handle like crap in stock form, but would not be taken out by a stock s13 either. Having 2700 posts doesnt make you very smart 400r, the suby pulls .84 g's on a skidpad. To compare something to that, the spec v pulls like .87

nlzmo400r

i never said anything about my intelligence, and have u ever driven a wrx to say it handles like 'crap' or are u just getting this from magazines? and yes i am aware of skidpad numbers on the scooby, and the spec V pulls .89 on the skid pad, not .87, and skid pad numbers dont neccasarily mean thtas exactly how a car handles overall, hell the mclaren F1 is rated at .88Gs on a skid pad, do u think a spec V will out handle a mclaren?, and thanks for trying to insult my intelligence

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

More crap from people who have never driven a WRX, Rob. The words are plentiful, but with no backup.

jEzTeR

At most of the auto X's that Ive been to there is a silver WRK that ownes all.(5 out off 6 times that I've been)Now it is moded a bit but so are the cars in its class.....

Cold_Zero

Subaru needs to slap 17" wheels on the WRX with some good rubber. It comes stock with a 16" 205/55. The car is just twenty lug nuts away from new wheels that it needs badly.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

humpy012 wrote:ill second the wrx's handle like crap in stock form, but would not be taken out by a stock s13 either. Having 2700 posts doesnt make you very smart 400r, the suby pulls .84 g's on a skidpad. To compare something to that, the spec v pulls like .87

With Bridgeston S03's and a stock suspension, the Spec V can pull consitant .91 G's. I know this because it's what I have on my car, and I have done very consistant testing on this with highly sphositicated equipment. That doesn't mean it will perform better than a WRX though (it might, but doesn't garauntee it).

nlzmo400r

can u feel the difference in the .3gs torry? my dad just went from stock tires on his maxima (225/55/17s to 225/5o/17s) i believe he had potenza tires on his car? well anyway, now he has some nice michelin (sp?) pilot sports, they were $229 a piece, but they're VERY nice tires, look great and grab the road so well, u can really feel the difference on the back roads, no squeal whatsoever

AVERAGE
Car: my car

spec-u-later wrote:Did anyone else notice that Cold_Zero guy trying to act like he was smart. I don't think anyone has swaped a Qr25 into anything yet, and why would you?
it has been done , spec. pm me for a link to the thread on the OTHER forum

nlzmo400r

hey, id love that link if u wouldnt mind sharing please

jEzTeR

nlzmo400r wrote:hey, id love that link if u wouldnt mind sharing please
:withstup E-mail it to me also.

nlzmo400r

o, btw, the email is [email protected] and thanks for the compliemnt jezter;)

CrashGordon

These WRX guys crack me up. Those cars arent fast unless you do alot to them. When I had my N/A sr20 in my car with cams header intake and exhaust not running my 100shot i smoked a wrx with downpipe, exhaust. Not only did i beat him once, but 3 times in a row.

I have a customer who we put a turbo kit on his stock sr2de and he is running 13.6's with only 6psi of boost, and the car is a 4 door. It is using a 95 sr20de motor and a stock t28 turbo setup from a gtir. It is also using a f-max intercooler. The car is damn fast.

I am building a 1991 se-r to hopefully go low 12's high 11's, and that is with less than $10k invested in motor.

As for those guys saying det's are slow, they are idiots. The DET is one of the most capable if not the most capable 4 cylinder motor out there.

I would have no problem racing a WRX in my bimmer, and i would probobly win.

I hate to go off like this, but it outrages me.

I love the wrx, but it isnt the be-all to end-all. Hell I have had my *** wooped by some of the slowest cars out there (read civic). It all depends on your choice of mods (not necessarily the price).

OneFastStanza

Uh oh, a post from the dead :eek:

Whoever said DET's are slow though? I know it wasn't me cause I am slapping one in a Stanza lol.

A WRX is not a straight-line car IMHO. There are some that are quite fast but I think of the WRX as more of a twisties kind of car. However they can launch like a bat out of hell. I would much rather have a WRX going through the twisties than blitzing down the 1/4. Not to mention my gearbox would likely last longer that way.

And I don't think that the people of this forum think that WRXs are the end all be all of cars either. There are planety of capable cars out there for cheap especially now with so manyh newer models coming out since this thread was last discussed in.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”