Sentra SE-R hits 150+mph at VIR in the UTCC

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
smokinjoe
Car: B15 Track Car, B13 Lemons Car

We entered in the Ultimate Track Car Challenge this year (held at VIR) and even tho we were outclassed, running against Vipers, Porsches and other big motor cars, we placed very, very well. Watch us fight it out with a 700hp Ford GT, not the street legal version.

The overheating issue was solved and by the last session, Big J had tuned the VQ to where I was topping 5th and holding 6th down the back straight. We were pushing the edge of 160mph. With better aero we should see 165+ later this year.

Here we are tearing up the UTCC! Enjoy and please post some comments on youtube. Maybe Nissan Motorsports is watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-H1QJjxBpk

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

NIce. Enjoyed the article as well.

smokinjoe

Thanks for checking out the article in Nissan Sport Magazine!

Updated the bumper and added a splitter for downforce and less drag at Road ATL. Picked up about 15mph on the top end.

smokinjoe

We added a gutted maxima intake and OBX headers and went back to the dyno today. The results are impressive. While peak only changed by 5hp, we picked up 30hp on the top. In a race car, thats massive. Anyone who races and doesnt gut the plenum is missing out. Considering we have only wiseco pistons, NWP spacers, and revup cams, the rest of the motor is essentially stock. Suffice to say I am happy with the results. Many thanks Aaron, UpRev and Z1.

Next event is next weekend at Barber Motorsports Park.

Stock Max Intake and Shorty Headers v Gutted Max Intake and OBX Headers

Final - increased to 7300rpm

smokinjoe

Shake down run in the Z1 parking lot after the tune. Dave, we could use some Nissan Sport decals if you have any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I2Q0bswhmE

dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

Joe- I only have some small Nissan Sport window stickers available. PM me your address if you want any. Also, what happened with the NASA nationals? I checked the results, but didn't find you in the PTB results.

smokinjoe

With the costs of going back to Utah and the car not dialed in we decided to wait until NASA comes back to Mid Ohio in 2011. Our chances would be better. We are working on getting the roll centers in check (esp in the rear), trying to find /fab larger sways for better roll resistance and creating anti-lift spacers for the LCAs.

PM sent - thx David

dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

Sent out small Nissan Sport stickers and Joe should have them this week.

smokinjoe

David, thanks very much. I received them last night when I returned home. I'll have them on the car for the next event in 2 weeks

Here is our latest from Barber Motorsports Park, battling a couple Porsche GT3s. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMlvJ5lGrM

smokinjoe

Here are some highlights from our track record setting run around Charlotte Superspeedway - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHUSN7WS04

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”