Sentra SE-R at the UTCC

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
smokinjoe
Car: B15 Track Car, B13 Lemons Car

We entered in the Ultimate Track Car Challenge this year (held at VIR) and even tho we were outclassed, running against Vipers, Porsches and other big motor cars, we placed very, very well. Watch us fight it out with a 700hp Ford GT, not the street legal version.

The overheating issue was solved and by the last session, Big J had tuned the VQ to where I was topping 5th and holding 6th down the back straight. We were pushing the edge of 160mph. With better aero we should see 165+ later this year.

Here we are tearing up the UTCC! Enjoy and please post some comments on youtube. Maybe Nissan Motorsports is watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-H1QJjxBpk

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

what do you want out of motorsports? maybe they could be watching.

smokinjoe

Nothing more than promote the brand. It's a shame I dont see more on the track. Would be nice to put the juke motor in a versa and campaign that car at a national level

This weekend we updated the bumper for more surface area (vs spec-v bumper) and added a splitter for downforce and less drag at Road ATL. Picked up about 15mph on the top end.

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

What did you do to get put in a class with such cars? Over prep the vehicle?

smokinjoe

I wish I was remotely prepped as well as the other cars. I run a VQ35 in the Sentra, so I was automatically classed with the big bore motors (all turbos, V6s, V8s, V10s, etc).

And with only 250whp, we were heavily outclassed on power. But in the turns, we weren't far off the pace ;)

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Not sure a Juke engine in a Versa is going to be faster than your VQ35 Sentra at 250whp. I was guessing the Versa/Juke combo would be good for 200hp if you put the turbo set-up on the MR18 instead of the MR16DDT, but it may be possible to squeeze more out of it by tuning the fuel management.

Let me know if you need anything from Motorsports. I know who to talk to if you know what you want.

smokinjoe

Thank you. We have been talking to Marty @ Raxles about beefing up the QR axles. We keep breaking the ultra cheap GSP (read: autozone) axles. I think OEM axles would work just fine with synthetic grease. Currently anything over 140+ slings the grease and shreads the boots/joints. I cant find the OEM axles for less than $360, each. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

We had NASA contact Paul St Clair about a contingency program for Nissan racer's. Not sure of the status.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”