Seat covers

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
m1aman11
Car: 2004 350Z

Does anyone make quality seat covers that fit well?

But first, let me rant a little, please.

I have leather seats and bought a set of CoverKing padded velour covers. They looked nice when I opened the box and handled them but they fit like garbage. They were loose and sloppy. Even the headrests were bad. They fit good and tight but the stitching on them was crooked. The headrest holes on the passenger seat back were not properly spaced in regards to the release latch on the back. They were 1.25 inches too close and I had to really stretch the material to make them fit which of course created huge wrinkles which were an eyesore. Your eyes were drawn directly to the wrinkles when someone opened the door.

I have industrial sewing skills and used to reupholster conversion vans and aircraft. I have done a couple of trucks for myself and friends too. So I think I can put on a seat cover. In fact, I could have repaired and modified these using some velcro and closely matching fabric from WalMart and probably have made them fit very nice. But I don't have time for that and I should get what I paid for without having to rebuild them.

So anyway.... Does anyone make high-quality padded seat covers? I want to put them over the existing leather not replace it. My Z is a 2004 and the original leather has hardened somewhat with a few small cracks. I have softened them some with mink oil applications. I want to preserve the original seats and just get some seat covers with some padding for added comfort. I am willing to pay around $800 or maybe more for good fitting quality covers.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”