Safc gurus, need some help

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Jmoore124
Car: 1995 240sx Ka-t
2003 Saab Linear turbo conv
(Sold) 1989 S13 red top

So I have a Safc on top of a Rom tune from enthalpy. I was having some rough idle and fueling issues (just put the motor together) and figured out my MAF wire was broken. Fixed that, now I have .5 signal output from the z32 maf. So that signal is going into the Safc. As far as I can tell all the values are zeroed out. However I was only getting .2v out of the safc to the ecu. I bypassed the safc and the rest of the idle issues went away. So my question, does the Safc only incorporate the tune when the engine is running? And how do you adjust idle Afr with the safc? Through the Dec air settings? I started with thr-1% and changed NE1 but saw no change in output voltage with the key on and the engine not running. Hope this makes sense and you guys can help.
Thanks.

pghreaper
Car: 90' 240sx

Im no guru but I did read a thing or two about it. Covertpolarbear did an Ultimate SAFC tuning guide on kat you can search for.

Ok onto the the explination, the way i grasped the concept behind the safc is a piggy back for minor fuel tweaks. Most everything i read on tuning with this a wide-band afr meter is a must. As for the dec-air settings thats mainly used if your venting metered air to the atmosphere. You would want to adjust the fuel correction percentages in the low-hi ne points,so you would adjust the low Ne-1 point high or low until your idle is where you want it.

Hopefully that helps in some way. But as i said thats just my theory on it so yeah...

Jmoore124
Car: 1995 240sx Ka-t
2003 Saab Linear turbo conv
(Sold) 1989 S13 red top

Yeah I got this taken care of. Thanks for the reply though

Return to “Engine Tuning”