s14 KA24de into a fox mustang????!!!!??

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
jzamerican
Car: 1990 toyota supra1jzgte powered
1980 ford mustang ka24de powered

Ok well I have less then 1500 into this car including price of car paint and body work and everythig I've done and you'd be suprised not many like it because its sacriligous and a blasphemy.... Blah blah blah and I had this car sitting around and i already have 3 cars so I couldn't get a 240 so hence why this its getting the parts it is. i wanna end up drifting this car so we will see how it goes and o would love to build the supra but I wanna behold her right and I don't have the right tools or time to do it so hence why she's not parked next to this car

Dwolf
Car: 88 foxbody mustang
302 240sx soon

i was planning on drifting my fox with its fairly built 302.
hell all i needed to do to get it to break free in second is floor the gas pedal . im not a big mustang fan but i love foxbodys they are fun and easy to build. not to mention cheap. i loved driving mine and love the way they sound with a full exhaust and a good cam.

but i think my old motor in a s13 or 14 would be sick. so far minus the rollin chasis it should only cost me 500 including the custom driveshaft

jzamerican

That's not bad at all dude! I say go for it why shouldn't you?

Dwolf
Car: 88 foxbody mustang
302 240sx soon

i will.. its just the matter of getting a shell...

jzamerican

ok guys update time i just got home from college and ive been thinking about this car quite a bit lately. the shifter is too far from where it would be comfortable (by my knee instead of the middle of my thigh) and since the ka is a front sump and im not trying to make a custom oil pan and pickup ill modify the car to fit just like everything else :) so by sunday ill have the engine and trans pulled out and then i might start cutting up the firewall and transmission tunnel. any one want pics?

jzamerican

welp now that ive graduated college and looking for a job i haz no money to throw at this or my supra. but since i have nothing to do i think ill redo the engine and trans mounts AGAIN! and move this engine back 5 inches and modify the oil pan so that its a rear sump. i know people modify the pans for datsun swaps and cars that need a rear sump but is there any walk threw or hints? for some reason im nervous about doing this since if i screw this up i blow the engine up. form what ive read i have to cut the pan off the flange then rotate the flange 180 degrees. then weld it back up0 and add metal where it doesnt sit flush. but the the pick up do i cut it and add a piece of pipe? or shorten it?

La_Montagne
Car: 93 240sx

I'm loving this project. Oh i wished i had some extra money to do something like this.

jzamerican

im back in the planning stages right now. im debating if i should put in a s13 rear sub frame for irs. and most of my time is still in my supra so i havent really touched this car

jzamerican

so here is a little update. she's losing her engine tomorrow morning for something a little better ;) ill post pics when it gets dropped off tomorrow morning and then maybe this thread will need a new title

Return to “Hybrids”