s14 240sx ka24de harness help

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
platinum831
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Car: 1995 s14 se aspen pearl ka24det

s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby platinum831 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:24 pm

hey guys I've looked in the fsm and the foldout I found the pins for the ecu but cant find what the pins go to and what color the wires are I'm about to wire in a new ecu and am trying to match what wires go to what wires on my new ecu's harness either I'm skipping over the page in the fsm for wire colors and where they go or its just not in there any help would be great

also doing a manual swap while doing so and wondering what wires I can thin out of my harness while I'm in there


User avatar
NukeKS14
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
2014 Camaro SS 1LE

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby NukeKS14 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:01 pm

What foldout are you talking about?

The EC section has drawings for every circuit including connector numbers, pin, and color. Example;
Image

That's for the power circuit on a 1995, the late model 96 and 97 may vary but it's in the same place in the FSM. Those letters B, B/R, R, are the wire colors. Go to the general information for a legend showing what the letters stand for (B for black, B/R black red stripe, etc...)

Actually, it's a good idea to just start off in the General Information chapter and read that FIRST before you dig into the rest of it. Lots of good info on how to actually use the FSM.

There's a composite drawing showing the ECU pins as well as their function, but that drawing doesn't list wire color.

Wiring in a standalone, from scratch, is quite the undertaking. I don't mean to discourage you but you might think about either buying a premade harness for your ECU of choice like wiring specialties makes, or enlisting the aid of a professional shop here.

platinum831
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Car: 1995 s14 se aspen pearl ka24det

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby platinum831 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:19 pm

NukeKS14 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:01 pm
What foldout are you talking about?

The EC section has drawings for every circuit including connector numbers, pin, and color. Example;
Image

That's for the power circuit on a 1995, the late model 96 and 97 may vary but it's in the same place in the FSM. Those letters B, B/R, R, are the wire colors. Go to the general information for a legend showing what the letters stand for (B for black, B/R black red stripe, etc...)

Actually, it's a good idea to just start off in the General Information chapter and read that FIRST before you dig into the rest of it. Lots of good info on how to actually use the FSM.

There's a composite drawing showing the ECU pins as well as their function, but that drawing doesn't list wire color.

Wiring in a standalone, from scratch, is quite the undertaking. I don't mean to discourage you but you might think about either buying a premade harness for your ECU of choice like wiring specialties makes, or enlisting the aid of a professional shop here.
under the selection for 1995 there is a foldout.pdf that shows main harness (engine room harness and body harness) ecm a/t control unit and smart entrance control unit i believe the ecm one is what the main engine harness plug is. there is no local shops to me that can do engine harnesses or any sort of wiring for less then what it would cost me to buy a harness from wiring specialties and this is the very last thing i need to do on my car dont really want to pull half my car back apart to run a harness. i guess if i can figure all this out i might as well post up a full harness diagram with the colors and what pins they go to in the plug

User avatar
NukeKS14
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
2014 Camaro SS 1LE

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby NukeKS14 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Quick google search for '1995 240sx ECU pinout' turns this up;


https://240sx.org/faq/articles/95_ecu_pinout.htm

I think, given the source, its pretty reliable

platinum831
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Car: 1995 s14 se aspen pearl ka24det

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby platinum831 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 pm

NukeKS14 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 pm
Quick google search for '1995 240sx ECU pinout' turns this up;


https://240sx.org/faq/articles/95_ecu_pinout.htm

I think, given the source, its pretty reliable
yea i think that would help alot just some of them are missing

User avatar
NukeKS14
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
2014 Camaro SS 1LE

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby NukeKS14 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 pm

You arent going to use every single wire.

platinum831
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Car: 1995 s14 se aspen pearl ka24det

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby platinum831 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:33 pm

NukeKS14 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 pm
You arent going to use every single wire.
still would like to know what the other wires are for so i know I'm not missing something

User avatar
NukeKS14
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
2014 Camaro SS 1LE

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby NukeKS14 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 pm

Have you read the user manual for the ECU you're trying to wire up yet? That's going to be your ultimate reference point on what needs to be connected. If you're converting to speed density the MAF wiring isnt going to line up anyhow and you'll potentially be adding your own wiring for those sensors regardless. You need to be working from ECU to car not the other way.

Really... and I'm not trying to be harsh here, I know you dont want to spend the money but you may be better off buying a premade harness or looking up the services of someone professional.

platinum831
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Car: 1995 s14 se aspen pearl ka24det

Re: s14 240sx ka24de harness help

Postby platinum831 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:23 pm

NukeKS14 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 pm
Have you read the user manual for the ECU you're trying to wire up yet? That's going to be your ultimate reference point on what needs to be connected. If you're converting to speed density the MAF wiring isnt going to line up anyhow and you'll potentially be adding your own wiring for those sensors regardless. You need to be working from ECU to car not the other way.

Really... and I'm not trying to be harsh here, I know you dont want to spend the money but you may be better off buying a premade harness or looking up the services of someone professional.
allright cool thanks for the info yea ive looked at the wiring pinout for my new ecu and i am converting to speed density and i dont think wiring specialties makes a harness for the ecu that i am useing but i will send them an email


Return to “240SX Technical Forum”

cron