S13 Power Folding Mirror Install

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

positron_ wrote:This is excellent information man, thanks for the update! Clean install as usual on your car. Where did you score that S14 switch?
Thanks man. I got the switch from http://tunedbyjdm.comI don't know how, but tunedbyjdm located in Malaysia and drsilvia(on eBay) located in Hong Kong have lots of rare JDM parts.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

What are you planning to wire up to the heat button on the switch? I must admit that is quite cool!

RB26FORREST
Car: 92 NISSAN 240SX

This is very use full info Thank You , let us know when / what you wire that heat switch up.

maj Andres
Car: Zenki, '95 Model, w/ S14SR20DET

RB26FORREST, your mirror switch seems to be facing away from you, is that switch suppose to be for an S14?

RB26FORREST

maj Andres - To be honest i do not know for sure, i bought my mirriors from pandagarage.com for a good price when i bought them i was told the switch was from a S13 silvia but i have a feelling i was from something else if you look at the pics on my switch ( like the L and R pic's) it would appear to me that it is sposed to be installed up right not laid down like in a S13 but like i said i dont know for sure ...Sorry

mabye someone can confirm where it came from based off the colors of the wires???

maj Andres

I recently bouht some power folding mirrors from panda garage my self, and I have this switch:

I think it goes to an S13, like yours. You seem to have an S14 switch on your car. (which is what I need) Interested in trading switches, so they would be oriented the right way??

RB26FORREST

If i still had my S13 i would

I sold it shortly after i installed the mirrors to help with the down payment on my "07" Toyota FJ

there is a S14 in my locale junk yard if you would like i can go see if it still has it's Switch tomorrow?

maj Andres

If it is the JDM switch, then that would be awesome! Thanks

maj Andres

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap out the internals from the JDM mirrors into the USDM mirrors on an S14? Thanks

EDIT: Yes, it is possible.
Modified by maj Andres at 1:52 PM 3/7/2009

RB26FORREST

EDIT: double post sorry

RB26FORREST

it very well might, i will have to checklast i got parts off that car it still had a poorly swaped SR in it

i will get back to you on that tomorrow...

positron1

You got a SR swapped 240 at your junkyard?

RB26FORREST

positron_ Yeah, when i went in to get the seats from the S14 to put in my coupe, i asked him how many miles where on the KA he told me it idoes not have a KA that the last owner (some16-17 year old kid) tryed to put in a red top motor from Japan, as such i assumed it was a SR20.. but it is not a self pull, so i only have what the counter tells me to go on...

maj Andres I will check on that switch when they open today.. (10am)

RB26FORREST

maj Andres --- sorry but no switch someone grabed the whole interieor with all the nobs and buttons already...

maj Andres

RB26FORREST, thanks for taking time out of your schedule to look for it. If anybody else reads this and has a switch for an S14 I will be glad to trade you or buy it off of you.

EDIT: I got my S14 switch already

Modified by maj Andres at 1:53 PM 3/7/2009

RB26FORREST

No problemgood luck with getting you switch and mirrors installed

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

94_240sx wrote:
Thanks man. I got the switch from http://tunedbyjdm.comI don't know how, but tunedbyjdm located in Malaysia and drsilvia(on eBay) located in Hong Kong have lots of rare JDM parts.
I was at the junk yard grabbing some 300zx rears and I looked in the car and it had the heated mirror switch. It looked like the power folding option was blanked out u still could see that a switch was suppose to be there. Maybe you could get the heater circuit guts from a 300zx.

maj Andres

Trying to show Panda Garage that they sent me an S13 switch, so I started a poll. Check it out and please vote. Thanks. zer...ll-me

D-UNIT
Car: a 91' S13 (15.014 @ 94.56mph NA) KA-T

94_240sx wrote:
I was at the junk yard grabbing some 300zx rears and I looked in the car and it had the heated mirror switch. It looked like the power folding option was blanked out u still could see that a switch was suppose to be there. Maybe you could get the heater circuit guts from a 300zx.

Asmar
Car: 1994 Nissan Skyline

I'm having problems wiring up my JDM S14 power folding mirrors. I searched various different forums to find an answer but still no answer... I have used the following write-ups:

- zer...age=1- http://www.northwestnissans.co...lding- http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/....html

The second write-up on that list is my write-up which shows how to install the mirrors, not how to write them up using the switch I have. Here are pics of what I'm talking about:

Wires from the car:

1. Blue/Black2. Black3. Orange4. Blue/Red5. Yellow/Blue6. Purple/White7. Yellow/Black

Also not pictured are 2 extra wires coming from the mirrors, the Orange and Pink wire which are used for the folding function of the mirrors.

Wires from the JDM switch:

1. Green/Black2. Purple/White3. Black4. Light Green/Black5. Yellow/Blue6. Yellow/Black7. Light Green/Red8. Light Green9. Blue/Black10. Blue/Red

I wired up all the colors that matched and connected the Green/Black and Light Green/Black wires to the Orange and Pink wires (used for the folding function), but still nothing happened. The mirrors won't fold or adjust. There is nothing wrong with the mirrors ad there is nothing wrong with the wiring (by that I mean all wires are connecting the way they are supposed to be connected).

I used this to match up wires on the mirrors:

I matched the wires up the way are supposed to be by looking at this JDM adapter/connecter.

Wires from the car, wires from the JDM switch:

So I don't know I'm doing right or wrong... I can't figure this out... If anyone could help me figure this out that would be really great... Thanks!

positron1

Did you check the fuse to see if it popped? If it's still good then swap the two extra wires and see if anything happens.

fast_freddie
Car: 1998 240sx

Hey have you figured out your mirror problem?

positron1

I think he solved it yesterday.

shytdoode

gj with this thread

GRNMAXDMON

i am currently installing S13 mirrors on my '93 maxima. i swapped internals but the switch im using is my stock maxima switch. it looks identical to the S14 switch that you posted. internally is the exact same thing as well. i just had to swap over the power fold switch to my maxima switch. now if any of you are looking for the S14 switch style just grab one from a '92-'94 Maxima. its the exact same switch without the power fold selector but you can swap that from the other switch. another thing is that you can also get the heated mirrors from my maxima model and swap them into the S13 housing and just run the wires.
94_240sx wrote:I have some update on this.

My power folding mirrors originally came with a Skyline power folding mirror switch(center), but I didn't like the vertical orientation, so found 180sx switch(right). Recently, I found an s14 switch(left) with a heated mirror option and I couldn't pass it since it's super rare. My mirrors don't have heated option, but I figured I could use the switch for something else in the future like fog lights.

There was a problem with this s14 switch though. If I adjust the mirrors, a light came on heated switch. I took it apart and found out that the rubber piece on the right was slightly off the track.

There's this tiny bulb for the heated mirror switch.

I was curious, so I took apart 180sx switch too. It was simpler than an s14 switch. All of them are made by a company called 'NILES' for Nissan.

180sx switch(left) was on my car, and I wanted to replace it with an s14 switch.

This is how you create a harness with Molex connector from Radio Shack. You need 9 pin ones. I got the idea from Hijacker's thread.

There's an extra green wire goes to heated mirror. Since I don't have heated mirrors, I left it this way.

Old harness and new harness side by side.

This is Molex connector on the car. I pulled the wires from left and right side mirrors and connected to it. Now, it's just a plug and play.

Quarter window switch is on center console, so I installed the power folding mirror switch on lower dash cover.

That's about it.

datsun_nissan671
Car: 240sx

Hello guys new to the forum i know this is an old post but i recently got a set of power folding mirrors and im still figuring out the wiring match up to the switch.... basically JDM switch harness to USDM switch harness

datsun_nissan671
Car: 240sx

here is what i got: for S13

180sx JDM (10 wire) switch kouki wires: (currently have) Black,.. Purple/White,.. Blue/Black,.. Blue/Red,.. Yellow/Black,.. Yellow/Blue,..Green/White,..Blue/Orange,..(Solid) Blue,...(Solid) Green.

240sx USDM (7 wire) switch wires: Black,.. Purple/White,.. Blue/Black,.. Blue/Red,.. Yellow/Black,.. Yellow/Blue,..Blue/White.

I know its a long shot and i know you guys probably been asked this many times but what wires go to where?....

if i match them up based on the wiring color types then the wires i would be left on the JDM switch would be the (Solid) Blue,...(Solid) Green,..Green/White,..Blue/Orange where would these go on the UDSM wiring?

do i need to connect/splice wires to certain ones?.. where would the... Green/White,..Blue/Orange..wires hook up to?....Thanks guys in advance..Hopefully i get a response
:newbie:

RoseS13
Car: 1990 240sx Gold Trim
1987 300ZX GLL
1987 300ZX GL

So I have a question. I have a 1990 base model with manual windows and manual mirrors and I want to swap over to pretty much power everything but my question is, since I never had power windows is there still connectors or something that they would plug into? I know some cars wether you have a base model or the highest end model they all came with the same wiring and connectors and such so it’s simply just swapping the components and plugging it all in. I’m courious due to the fact I might be buying power folding mirrors and don’t want to waste any unnecessary money on something that won’t work in the end.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”