S13 JDM Digital Climate Control Swap (It's easier than you think!)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
S13.5_Norway
Car: 90 200SX S13.5
89 200SX S13
03 Ford Focus RS

Hi!
I've got mine up and running by following your instructions :) Only got one problem, with the starting when i turn the ignition on, and this is somehow conected to the dimmer switch.
I have read the instructions, so I know i should ground the yellow/red on the main harness towards the dcc, but dit a test with a multimeter, and it shows about 12v on the wire comming out from the dcc, should it be like this?
I will not ground it untill I know for sure :P

Acecool
Car: 1989 240SX Hatch Pig KA24E 126k

Check out my 3 videos if you have questions :-)

S13.5_Norway
89 200SX S13
03 Ford Focus RS

Acecool wrote:Check out my 3 videos if you have questions :-)
Wow, thats nice :D But i tested the connection to the ground with a fuse between, and everything works perfedctly :D

S13.5_Norway
89 200SX S13
03 Ford Focus RS

Watched the videos just for fun, very informative :)
Does anybody have a ambient temp sensor for sale? Kinda har to get over here :P Its working fine without, but want it to be complete :D

Dammitboy
Car: 92' Nissan 240

S13.5_Norway wrote:Watched the videos just for fun, very informative :)
Does anybody have a ambient temp sensor for sale? Kinda har to get over here :P Its working fine without, but want it to be complete :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ESELX%3AIT

Henrik s13
Car: European 200sx S13 ca18det whit some fun stuff.

Hi.

Just finished the installation of my dcc except the motor for hot/cold air since i'm missing the linkage to it... But any ways have an problem if i turn the ignition switch to acc i can see the temp and everything clear and easy but as soon as i turn the ignition switch to on everything is getting dark and i can barely see it. Everything else works perfect. tried to use an multimeter and see if i had voltage on the right pins but couldn't see anything wrong...
Cant find much info about this so any help i can get is appreciated .

Acecool
Car: 1989 240SX Hatch Pig KA24E 126k

You have somehow linked the switched 12v to the switched wire for light control...

Check out my video, make sure you only modded 4 wires or so...

Henrik s13

Acecool wrote:You have somehow linked the switched 12v to the switched wire for light control...

Check out my video, make sure you only modded 4 wires or so...
Yea but how ? The only mods i done to the sub harness was:

-Single red wire to constant 12volts (same as i use for the stereo and i also tried a other one)
-Green/white striped from the little white plug moved to empty spot on the big 16 pin plug. (tried to move that to a other switched 12 volts source)
-Grounded the black wire on the 16pin
-Blue and red striped to switched 12 volts. (tried the same as the stereo and also a other one)

Thinking of if it's something different since i have a CA18 harness and not the KA24 harness most people here use ???
Should be great to have a pinout for the 2 big white plugs. i have one for the ca18 side of harness but if there is a difference on the subharness it's should be nice to have something to compare it to. Maybe any one here could give me on for the KA24 so i can make sure it's the same as the ca18 ?

Btw thx for the video, makes the installation lots easier even if some few things is a bit unclear in the video but after looking in some conversion threads i find out how to do. !

Henrik s13

Got it working now ! I needed to remove one wire from the 16pin plug thats had 12volts only on "ON" mode. I don't remember whits wire but i measured and got 12volts on 3 wires on acc mode and 4 on the on mode. So i cut out the forth one.

So now i only need the linkage for the motor thats shifts from hot to cold. Any one got one ?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”