S13 bolt in tension arm brace

A forum for approved vendors of specialized, limited-production parts. Help small businesses that cater to Nissan enthusiasts and score some unique, useful parts! Contact [email protected] for approval and rates.
epokh
Car: 92 240 HB
92 240 Coupe
02 Sentra

Looks like some good stuff ya got goin' on there! Do you have any of the S13 tension arm braces ready to ship right now? If so, shoot me a total to 64850(MO), I'll send payment ASAP!

Thanks,-James [email protected]

epokh
Car: 92 240 HB
92 240 Coupe
02 Sentra

Payment sent!Thanks!

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Bump because these things are so cool!

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Dano wrote:Bump because these things are so cool!
No doubt, Jonnie has my money, Im just waiting now.

Jonnie Fraz

SideWays=smiles wrote:
No doubt, Jonnie has my money, Im just waiting now.
Thanks guys! Some Gangster products are on the way. Some new stuff comming, I just cleared it with Greg...Woot

Dano

Jonnie Fraz wrote:
Thanks guys! Some Gangster products are on the way. Some new stuff comming, I just cleared it with Greg...Woot
w00t!

IanS

Jonnie Fraz wrote:
Dano wrote:
w00t!
I give a big 3rd to that, w00t!!.

hai1206vn
Car: 95 s14 se

That s13 rear bar is beautiful. Good work Jonnie. I loved the tension arm brace I bought from you (but i don't have that car anymore)

If someday you decide to weld a rear strut bar for s14, I know a lot of people looking for one that is sturdy. There are a lot of ebay style rear bars that go over the rear speaker deck, but they seem really wimpy and don't add any rigidity.

IanS

Well I got started installing my S14 brace tonight, it fits beautifully so far. My stock tension rod bushings are seized, so Im going to bring them into work tomorrow so I can torch them out, I should finish the install tomorrow. Also, boredom took hold of me so I decided to repaint it using a can of Ford Implement blue I had laying around. Here are a few teaser pix, I should finish my write up on Friday.

Here I have it test fitted so I can mark for the other set of holes.

Here is my buddy Cale posing for a picture, the new paint matches his shirt.

IanS

w00t, my brace is all installed, along with my new tension rods, the change is impressive. The amount of perceptible rigidity gained is awesome. The install went flawlessly, everything fit, and I had no issues lining things up.

Ive spent a lot of time around caged race cars and the like. I can easily say, that as far as chassis bracing goes, besides a full roll cage, this is one of the best bang for the buck pieces I have ever installed. The level of finite control is increased without drastically effecting road noise or ride quality.

Im mean this in a totally heterosexual way, Jonnie, where have you been all my life?

I took over one hundred pictures and Ive gotten started on a my install write up. Its going to be very technical, I plan on hitting as many details as possible. You guys can watch for it in a few days, I will post up a link in here.

Oh wth, here are a few more teaser pix.

The blue paint serves two purposes, it looks bitchin, and it also helps it stand out, making the pictures more helpful for instructional purposes.

Ide like to hear a big Nico hoo-rah for Jonnie, without him, none of this would have come to fruition.

Jonnie Fraz

Awesome!Man that blue looks killer! I am glad all went well, I made a couple of changes from the last prototype and it looks like it was for the better. I look forward to your writeup!

Take careJonnie

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

So are these officially for sale now? What other products for the S14 do you offer? FSTB? RSTB?

I just sold my S13 and I'm spending all of the money on suspension for the S14.

Dano

SideWays=smiles wrote:
Here is my buddy Cale posing for a picture, the new paint matches his shirt.
I see your Ford Blue tractor bar.... and raise you a flourescent green bar that has been nicknamed the TMNTB (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Bar.)

race4fox
Car: '91 RB powered 240

Hey man whats the down time for an arm brace for an S13 and a shipping quote to 62930?Thanks

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

No installed pics Dano?

IanS

float_6969 wrote:No installed pics Dano?
My write up is almost done, I slacked all weekend, here are some of my pictures of the brace installed.

Thats all for now, if I keep posting pictures, there wont be anything new in the write up.

Dano

float_6969 wrote:No installed pics Dano?
Not yet, with being sick with something worse than strep all last week and the work schedule, just haven't had the time, but progress was made and i'm well now AND hopefully *crosses fingers* the last snow is long gone so soon. Hell, come down on saturday and we'll throw it on.

Ninetyfive240sxSE
Car: learning to drive stick =p

Oks I got my s14 brace in the mail yesterday and as I said I'll install them hehehe...

plus

tools,

I just put the car up. I was gonna remove the two piece, but too many bolts to remove and plus I have to take off the sway bar. So I decided to work under the car since there is some room. Measured where to drill and cross fingers.

Tighten bolts

Finished installed

jrivera

My buddy Nathan had some frame damage on his lower radiator support. With the brace installed, he was able to tell right away how bad the damage affected his handling. A night and day difference. It makes the car feel very solid.

I have it on my car too. I love it. Was a pain to install though.

IanS

I have finshed the rough draft of my install write up, if a few of you guys could take a couple of minutes to check it out and give me some feedback that would be great, its temporarily posted in the test section. Once I feel Ive worked out all the bugs, I will move it to a more accessible location.

Tension arm brace install write up, rough draft.

d3vilskid
Car: 240sx '95 coupe

Damn I really want one of those for the s14, only problem is I need new tension control arms, its kinda bent.

Kalypso

This thread is the bomb... and yes I need one....but not yet

what is the price shipped to GA 31405

this is a smart investment
Modified by Kalypso123 at 4:42 AM 4/3/2008

ser20det
Car: Silvia K's 88

Can we put oem under cover panel with the s13 Brace ?

I hope too !

thank'S

Jonnie Fraz

I belive the OEM cover will fit as it bolts to the tension control arm brackets, and my brace does not hang lower than the brackets.

IanS

ser20det wrote:Can we put oem under cover panel with the s13 Brace ?

I hope too !

thank'S
I have all the splash shields on my S14, I dont see why the S13 would be any different.

dualn1exhaust
Car: 1991 240SX LE fastback

Still available for S13? Shipping to 94545.

Dano

Brace is installed along with new SPL steering rack bushings. Waiting on a new balljoint and hub/bearing to be back in business though.

Dano

I love this thing, i've been in business since 4/29 and love it. At first I was unsure what I thought about it, I adjusted tire pressures and made a few driving adjustments and I love it. I stronly believe that one should compliment this brace with some aftermarket sway bars to fully benefit from this brace but it's awesome. Steering input is more direct, more precise, but my realization is amplified from the SPL Parts steering rack bushings I installed at the same time, however you can still feel a difference not had by the bushings themselves. It wants to push (understeer) more after initial turn in/ mid corner on tighter/fast corners but I attribute that to my stock sways. All in all this brace is great the benefits are great, especially when you figure price vs. performance.

I highly reccomend this prouduct! Two thumbs up and a big thanks to Johnnie for making these!!!

Jonnie Fraz

Dano wrote:I love this thing, i've been in business since 4/29 and love it. At first I was unsure what I thought about it, I adjusted tire pressures and made a few driving adjustments and I love it. I stronly believe that one should compliment this brace with some aftermarket sway bars to fully benefit from this brace but it's awesome. Steering input is more direct, more precise, but my realization is amplified from the SPL Parts steering rack bushings I installed at the same time, however you can still feel a difference not had by the bushings themselves. It wants to push (understeer) more after initial turn in/ mid corner on tighter/fast corners but I attribute that to my stock sways. All in all this brace is great the benefits are great, especially when you figure price vs. performance.

I highly reccomend this prouduct! Two thumbs up and a big thanks to Johnnie for making these!!!
Danno,

Wow! Thanks a bunch for the complements. Also thanks for pushing me to build these. I am so glad that they help so much. I tottaly agree that aftermarket sways will be an added plus. Also you installed new TC rods yes? Aftermarket TC rods or at least new bushings when you do this will a major plus.

Thanks Jonnie

Dano

Jonnie Fraz wrote:
Danno,

Wow! Thanks a bunch for the complements. Also thanks for pushing me to build these. I am so glad that they help so much. I tottaly agree that aftermarket sways will be an added plus. Also you installed new TC rods yes? Aftermarket TC rods or at least new bushings when you do this will a major plus.

Thanks Jonnie
Yep, SPL v2 tension rods, alum. sub frame collars, OE SE rear sway with poly endlink bushings front and rear, Cusco RUCAs/ STB, KYB AGX/ Sprint springs, etc. I know I need bigger sways.

Return to “Fabricators' Market”