s-13 understeer

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Stuntman240
Car: 91 coupe

the best advice anyone can possibly give you, is to learn the car better and adapt your driving style to suit the car. remember the car cant change, it's a machine, you are not.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Learn how to shift the weight of the car forward. I use a braking drift technique...basically just trail braking except when I'd normally be lightly depressing the throttle w/ mild steering wheel correction, I slam the throttle and countersteer. My car is setup to understeer btw.

marshun

mild understeer is eliminted with the tow set inwards a bit and negative camber. tire psi lowered a tad. 35psi is fine. lower profile tires. wider tires, bigger sways. i dont like the route of no sways. read up about it and you'll find out why. :)

nab911

Its why a lot of people do only a z32 front brake upgrade :)

marshun

even if you dont drift, the stock brakes still suck. :P

drifts14x
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Drifting

$250 Will fix all of your understeer problems on a stock 240SX. I spent 80 bucks on a front and a rear strut tower brace as well as a Silvia K's Rear Sway bar (available from Nissan dealerships) for like 170. Car will oversteer much more than you've ever known. My car gets sideways easier than my Uncles C5 Vette.

daniel

wowget HICAS rear bar of http://www.car-part.comtake your front one offdont run any front bars at all

enjoy

DriftFactory
Car: Evil S13

The only problem with running no front bar at all is that snap oversteer becomes a problem during weight transition depending on the rest of your suspension set up. The key is always balance. No matter what you do to the car you want to make sure there is some amount of balance left to your set-up. If you get to extreme at one end or the other you are doing yourself an injustice. Remember, it’s easy to make a car go sideways It’s a whole other thing to control it once it’s there.

daniel

if you want a front sway bar here is the differencethe front wheels will be very harsh on turn in and not smooth at all

if you have no front swaysmooth turn in

thereits personal prefrence.

Stuntman240

god, i hate to do this. i actually agree w/ daniel on this one. i personally run no sway upfront, you just have to plan out the weight transfers a little better, because there is snap oversteer. especially when running a larger bar in the rear.

DriftFactory

lol It's ok, he's right this time. It can be done. But, like you and I said there is some snap oversteer. It's not impossible, you just have to take it into account.

daniel

turn in is way more smoothdont have to worry about snap over if you know how to use your steering wheel!

all my tech info is righti just shoot fire guys a lot fora sking retarded questionsthen i turn the heat up even more for retarded replies

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

gtune4 wrote:How do you s-13 drivers deal with mild understeer. I know every car is a bit different, I am thinking about corner entry in this car. Feinting seems to me to be the easiest in my car, other than powering out. Braking drift seems impossible.

What do you guys do to get sideways in YOUR s-13? :icesangel

I didn't read all the other posts above this but this but there are many things you can do. You can..........

1. Blurp the e-brake a lil harder while intiating the drift.2. Clutch it harder with more power3. Stiffen up the rear and soften the front if at all possible (suspension wise).

You are understeering because the front is too stiff in comparission to the back. Oversteering is a result of having too much weight transistion in the rear (like a mr2, notorious for oversteering).

Just remember what Tsuchiya "sp?" says...........when in doubt, use the ebrake!

Rubin

daniel

what a really cool guy that makes me look like an idiotwanna get loose?

go fastturn hardclutch kickcounter

DriftFactory

Why do you feel the need to cut everyone down? There is no need for that crap here. Really man.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

Former_240_s14 wrote:1. Blurp the e-brake a lil harder while intiating the drift.Just remember what Tsuchiya "sp?" says...........when in doubt, use the ebrake!Rubin

My ebrake sucks, heh. I need a new rear caliper anyway, mine is skah-roooed.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

daniel wrote:all my tech info is righti just shoot fire guys a lot fora sking retarded questionsthen i turn the heat up even more for retarded replies

Daniel -

That's not your function here.

Your input is appreciated, but your abusive replies are not. Please consider this a first (and only) warning.

Thanks much.

Carry on!

daniel

DriftFactory wrote:Why do you feel the need to cut everyone down? There is no need for that crap here. Really man.

but there really isinstead of askinghow do ig et sideways

why not go out and try?

Stuntman240

i am sure there was a time when even u were asking questions, however you are cutting down the people that reply more than the people who ask. be wise and take hitman's advise.

daniel

or what?

i asked questions when i was a toddlerbut now..just like'hey can you tig thsi up for me?'

i need to get a new ford alternator to repair my home machine

anyone got one?

see i asked a questionbut theyre not retarded ones...

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

daniel wrote:or what?

i asked questions when i was a toddlerbut now..just like'hey can you tig thsi up for me?'

i need to get a new ford alternator to repair my home machine

anyone got one?

see i asked a questionbut theyre not retarded ones...

Stop bein an assclown.

You think SPL is gonna sponsor or give out deals to someone who conducts themselves like this on a large board?

daniel

no.. sorry alan.its just

you know i get mad.im sorry

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

thats pretty messedup man. I'm not trying to fight with you & bring down the wrath of the HItman or anything..

But dont you think its foolish to encourage people who dont understand the dynamics to "just go try" or (Paraphrased) "take off your front strut bar and go for a drive" That kind of unqualified advice is dangerous at best!

Use their "retarded" questions as a way to help them and encourage them to be safe/practice on a track or in a parkinglot.

daniel

no i dont think its foolish at all

let me tell you why

eventually they're going to have to tryi know at irwindale

if we set up a d1 style course..you're going to go by some nasty concrete

so if you crash you're pretty much screwed.

i think the best way is to just do it and go try somewhere like a big supermarket parking lot after hours or something...

and not everyone can mod their car and afford track time frequently (hell its hard to find events on a track versus cone dodging anyway) so on top of that its like availibility

its not like in japan where DEC is rented out 1 year in advance...every day is full etc.,

ca18det_boy

Daniel, I totally agree with you on the fact that you just have to go out and practice. I agree with alot of the stuff that your talking about. I do not agree however with how your going about relaying that message. I know that everyone has questions. I also know that other people have answers. My point is that at one point in time everyone needs help. I don't see why your being rude with people. It all goes back to the saying of "if you can't say anything nice.....then don't say anything at all"

Stuntman240

but honestly folks. wouldnt you just love to see what would happen if daniel started posting on drifting.com. he would have a field day with those guys. i might even pay to see it or just even actually go on drifting.com

AN89HATCH

when you start to under, pull ebrake, but i say clutch kick to get the rea out

nab911

Im not a big fan of the ebrake because it puts bald spots on your tires and makes em go out quicker. Its all in throttle control and your suspension setup.

Stuntman240

youre worried about how much the e brake takes off your tires??? HELLOOOOO you are drifting tires go bald quick no matter what u do. and go twice as fast w/ a diff. i know, i bring a new set of tires every event along w/ som 1/2 tread ones i pick up from the junkyard cause the new ones dont last all day(even w/ a treadwear rating of 400)

edit: now lookin at your setup i c u might be going through tires faster or atleast the same rate as me. no offence meant by the above statements.

gtune4
Car: toonah

should i have more than 1 deg neg camb in frontwould that help, if feels like my setup is the cause of my understeer, and my car itself[s13]. other than ebrake, what can i do

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”