RUST! RUST!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
abnissanowner

I have a 2013 Nissan Rogue and have already had issues with rust. It was covered under the warranty so the dealer fixed the spot. BUT......I have more rust forming on my car. Not only are there larger spots, but my car is covered with little rust "flecks". I have owned a Rogue in the past and NEVER had an issue with rust. Not sure if this could be a faulty initial paint job? Need some guidance so I am not having this issue reoccur for years to come. Thanks for any help that you can give.

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

There is some rust that is "normal" and some that is not.

For example, if the rust is bubbling through from the bottom, that is not normal (although from my understanding, common on the Rogue).

If the rust is sitting on the surface, then it is most likely rail dust and occurs when the car is not PDI'ed properly to remove it (if the car is new) or driven in an environment where iron particles are getting on the paint. If the rust is just surface, like rail dust (that's just a name given to it, it does not only come from train transport) you can use a product like IronX to remove it. Google IronX, watch a couple youtube videos, and you will see what it does.

I myself had rail dust on my car as well, and the IronX took it out. Now, the rust I have bubbling underneath the paint, well, that's poor Nissan quality for you!

Return to “Rogue Forum”