Roof Rails weight support?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
SkiHound

I'm going to need a rooftop box. Neither Thule nor Yakima seem to have a rail system that fits the Rogue. Anyone know how much the crossbars from Nissan are rated to support?

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Given time I'm sure Yakima and Thule will have racks for the Rogue. Given that the rogue's rails shape is not unique I think it will be sooner rather that later.Here is the info on the Rogue's factory rack from the manual:ROOF RACK (if so equipped)Secure the crossbars to the roof rail beforeloading. The crossbars are available from aNISSAN dealer.Always distribute the luggage evenly on the roofrack. Do not load more than 99 lb (45 kg). Becareful that your vehicle does not exceed theGross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or itsGross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR front andrear). The GVWR and GAWR are located on theF.M.V.S.S. or C.V.M.S.S. certification label (locatedon the driver’s door pillar). For moreinformation regarding GVWR and GAWR, see“VEHICLE LOADING INFORMATION” in the “9.Technical and consumer information” section.WARNING. Drive extra carefully when the vehicleis loaded at or near the cargocarrying capacity, especially if thesignificant portion of that load iscarried on the roof rack.. Heavy loading of the roof rack hasthe potential to affect the vehiclestability and handling during suddenor unusual handling maneuvers.. Roof rack load should be evenlydistributed.. Do not exceed maximum roof rackload weight capacity.. Properly secure all cargo with ropesor straps to help prevent it fromsliding or shifting. In a sudden stopor collision, unsecured cargo couldcause personal injury.CAUTIONUse care when placing or removingitems from the roof rack. If you cannotcomfortably lift the items onto the roofrack from the ground, use a ladder orInstruments and controls 2-39

Return to “Rogue Forum”