"Rollover Sensor"

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
TH808

I got my repurchase offer from Infiniti, I'll be getting all my money back, they didn't deduct anything. I think you anyone actually consider to take the buy back option and you have low mileage on the car, you can negotiate with them.

Mark Booth

Enjoy whatever replacement car you get TH808!

I just mailed my request for the $2K refund. My lust affair with the EX35 has not worn off yet and I don't see anything as sexy as this beauty on the horizon!

Mark

janemackey
Car: infiniti ex

Hi, I am new to the forum but also received the letter with buy back option. Here is a question. Do you think the buy back price would be dependent on any scratches/dings on the car? The first time I drove the car on the interstate in Dallas, something flew at me and knocked a chunk out of the windshield. I had it fixed but it left two tiny (but noticeable to me) dots on the windshield. Will this lower the price offered do you think? Just wanted another opinion.

DEng66

My guess is that they won't even notice it (especially if those dots are masked by bug splatter so don't clean the windows toooooo good! ). By the way, I opted for the $2k and received my check on Tuesday.

allthatjazz
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx EX35 Tech

dividedhighw wrote:I'm not eligible in Canada, but if I was offered this option, I would go with the $2K.
So why does Canada not qualify for the same offer? $2k sure would come in handy ... gas for a year.

The brochures they handed out at the dealers, listed a rollover sensor under the safety features.

Mark Booth

I received my $2,000 check from Infiniti on June 6, a little over two weeks after I mailed the form.

BTW, about 10 days after I mailed the form, I received a call from Infiniti asking me to fax them a copy of my registration. That was all the further documentation I needed to supply and they never had me sign any sort of long legal documentation of any kind.

Mark

acrease
Car: 2008 EX35 Scarlet Silver

I started looking at the EX35 in May in Eastern Canada, (Halifax NS). The brochure I got from the dealer has two areas (covered over with white stickers) on the safety section page, and my car did not have the window sticker by the time I got the car. No mention of roll-over sensor.

bucca1

I bought mine in May and just checked my window sticker. The rollover sensor is listed on the window sticker under safety & security as part of the roof mounted curtain side supplemental air bag info. Will I be getting a letter from Infiniti as well or should I contact them about this???

Widman
Car: 2007 BMW335 convertible, 2011 EX35

I leased my EX35 in February and never did get a letter from Infiniti. So I called the 800 # and they asked for my serial # and lease agreement. They later faxed a form to fill out and about 3 weeks later receive mycheck. This deal is only for some of the earlier builds but do not know what the cut off was. So call them at800-225-1427 and good luck.

TravelGuyLA
Car: Infiniti EX35

I have a call in to the 800 as my purchased unit (Mar 08) lists it as well. If it is not part of the recall, can we assume that a rollover sensor is included in the build? I don't see it on the current site as a feature. Thanks all!

bucca1

I had been told by the rep I contacted that the rollover sensor was never a part of the build on the EX35. If the sticker states it is included, the sticker is wrong and I should send a letter along with a copy of the sales order and the window sticker to Infiniti. They said I should request either the $2000.00 rebate option or the buy back option. I will post as soon as they confirm they received my letter.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”