Rogue snow performance review

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

was on unplowed, unsalted/unsanded roads monday and my rogue did amazing. (sl awd w/continentals)

SONNY
Car: 2008 Wicked Black Nissan Rogue SL AWD Loaded!

jsellberg wrote:was on unplowed, unsalted/unsanded roads monday and my rogue did amazing. (sl awd w/continentals)
Pretty much the same here in Chicago JS. The Rogue handled the unplowed streets so well. I think I was starting to get a little too confident but that's how it handles! I have the continentals as well and they worked fantastic. Of course they're brand new so they should. This is one of the main reasons I got the Rogue and it hasn't disappointed yet

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

yeah.. we went to tahoe. i insisted on driving since i was eager to put miles on the new car, hahaha.

Goblin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I finally got a chance to drive my Rogue in the snow today. I live here in DC and we received about 2-4 inches of wet snow which made conditions a bit tricky after the first few vehicles ahead of you packed it down to ice. Anyhow, no worries! The Rogue did great and I used the paddle shifters and drive shifter to slow the vehicle without breaking. Made it in without a hit. Seen several accidents and I am always amazed that the Germans have not figure out a way to make those 60K BMW go in the snow. Two in the ditch... LOL

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Winter 2008-2009Midwest USATemps -15F to 28FSnow Hardpack to slush to 14 inches medium fall weight.Patchy black ice also negotiated

Experienced driver

Rogue drives well in AWD.Negotiates corners well without push slide.Acceleration is very nice .. one of the best using Altimax HP tiresStops well with abs even on smooth ice(black ice)

conclusion- Its a snow tank.. LoL

So far, this winter, I can count many times the maneuverability has saved me from those "other" drivers- Add your own expletive.

Modified by mstrmstr at 2:27 PM 1/30/2009
Modified by mstrmstr at 2:32 PM 1/30/2009

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

My Rogue was in the shop last week to have the fuel gauge problem fixed and I was given an Altima as a loaner car. I didn't realize just how good the Rogue was in the snow and ice until I drove the Altima for the day. Corners I would just zip around in the Rogue caused the Altima to slide. The Altima would slip and slide in the slush as I tried to accelerate. I was sooooooooo happy to get my Rogue back. I even have the Conti's on the Rogue and they seem to work above and beyond their design when installed on the Rogue. I can only imagine this snow machine's performance when I get a decent set of siped all season radials on it. All in all AWD is great when you live in snow country. My wife's current car is a FWD, and you can bet her next car will be an AWD.

philipa_240sx

The stock conti's are likely OK for snow when they are brand new. I should post some pics after they have 20,000+ miles on them... they are not pretty and would be downright dangerous in snow.

Be safe out there and drive according the conditions.

Return to “Rogue Forum”