CHATROOM: Nissan Rogue + Snow

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
molocinco5
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

I gotta say, the rogue is an absolute monster in the snow. I could not believe it. Last week we had a huge snow storm in Connecticut getting about a foot of snow. I'm a volunteer Firefigher in one of my local towns and recieved a call. Basically giving me an excuse to leave my house in the middle of the storm. I live on windy roads with a lot of steep hills. I went out at 8pm and there was about 9 inches of snow on the ground. And the rogue absolutely killed it. Didn't lose traction or anything. I have never felt so safe in a car during a huge snow storm. But also, tires are really what make a car good in the snow. I'm running on good year integrity tires and they make driving in the snow easier then driving in dry conditions.

Black B15

molocinco5 wrote:I gotta say, the rogue is an absolute monster in the snow. I could not believe it. Last week we had a huge snow storm in Connecticut getting about a foot of snow. I'm a volunteer Firefigher in one of my local towns and recieved a call. Basically giving me an excuse to leave my house in the middle of the storm. I live on windy roads with a lot of steep hills. I went out at 8pm and there was about 9 inches of snow on the ground. And the rogue absolutely killed it. Didn't lose traction or anything. I have never felt so safe in a car during a huge snow storm. But also, tires are really what make a car good in the snow. I'm running on good year integrity tires and they make driving in the snow easier then driving in dry conditions.
I couldn't agree more. I don't think they are rated for winter, but during my snow experience I just had new Kumho Solus tires installed. I had zero problems, and was really impressed that even the FWD did as well as it did.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

2014 Rogue SV
Twice after driving through heavy snow I've experienced severe from end wobble over 50 Mph.
Drove it into a Mavis-Cole repair shop and described the problem. They smiled and put it on the lift, then proceeded to knock snow off the wheel wells and undercarriage.
In 40 years of driving in the snow I've never experienced this, now twice in 30 days.

I use Mavis-Cole for most repairs and they're great!

tyorke1

what about the 2015 fwd , any experiences

followingnfront

If Im not mistaken, you made another thread about this too. The Rogue in fwd form is nothing special or different from any other fwd vehicle. It doesnt even have standout ground clearance in this segment like it used to with the 1st gen. Without awd, if your front tires slip youre not moving anymore, simple and plain.

tyorke1

If Im not mistaken you replied to my other thread. Some suv with good snow tires are actually really good. I once owned a two door rav that was horrible with all seasons but with good winter tirer and it great. I was wondering about clearance thanks . I put alot of miles on and I don't want the awd , I was hoping the fwd would be okay in bad weather with good tires. Thanks.

followingnfront

Your question is easily answerable by critically thinking... Its a fwd vehicle...

I also answered your question on the basis of its ground clearance. Its nothing special.

So your fwd Rogue will do just as well as the next fwd car with just over 7" of ground clearance and the same tires you are thinking about using.

The Rogue has nothing special to make it better than anything else with similar ground clearance and fwd. No special traction control, no special anything...

If your fwd rav4 did well with snow tires, your Rogue will do just as well with the same snow tires

tyorke1

Thanks , your right , will just have to keep good tires on it if I buy one.

SHAYE13
Car: '13 Nissan Rogue
T32 Nissan Rogue OMG LOL

SHAYE13
T32 Nissan Rogue OMG LOL

Previous vids go deleted so just a repost

SHAYE13
T32 Nissan Rogue OMG LOL

SHAYE13