CHATROOM: Nissan Rogue + Snow

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

I did turn the VDC Off and the AWD Locked on, but my tires were around 35 PSI...

PS: It was more than 10 inches since my tires were basically almost buried. I wasn't expecting the Rogue to move at all, but it did even if it was just a little bit ;)

Anyways, my town got almost 24" of snow.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

I wish I had video of how well the Rogue was able to handle anything in its path. Another 10"(~30" in all) would have been the limit to the Rogues ability no matter who the driver was. I left the VDC off as I normally do and if you know how to handle the car then you will be good Image

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

minibus4 wrote:I wish I had video of how well the Rogue was able to handle anything in its path. Another 10"(~30" in all) would have been the limit to the Rogues ability no matter who the driver was. I left the VDC off as I normally do and if you know how to handle the car then you will be good Image
Thats an awesome pic

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

minibus4 wrote:I wish I had video of how well the Rogue was able to handle anything in its path. Another 10"(~30" in all) would have been the limit to the Rogues ability no matter who the driver was. I left the VDC off as I normally do and if you know how to handle the car then you will be good Image
awesome pic man.
(PS Minibus4 : i love your avatar. :BnB: Our buddy Rogue One looks great in that pic lol)

ejohler
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD with Bose Sound, Paddle Shifters, Bluetooth

ImStricken wrote:
Black B15 wrote:I have to say, I think the biggest problem with driving in snow typically lies with the driver. Understanding your vehicle, how it sounds, how it handles,
agreed 100%
i ONLY drive with the VDC systems off in the snow. i know how to drift and would rather control my drift via the throttle & brake than have no power to the wheels at all due to the VDC system stepping in cutting engine power. very often counter steering and flooring the gas pedal will get you out of a situation quickly, versus VDC cutting power and you just sliding where ever inertia decides.
I agree with the VDC OFF when driving in the Michigan snow. Go to an empty parking lot. See and learn how the car handles in icy and snowy conditions and with the AWD and some Blizzaks or Michelin ICE snow tires you should be prepared for any blizzard and still be able to get the groceries without a snow mobile. I've driven mine plowing thru snow scraping the top of the snow covered road (2 to 2-1/2 ft of virgin snow) and she goes and keeps on going with the controls off or on that you have available. The Rogue does great thru snow with good snow tires, but as said B-4 most cars do.

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Watch out, I am going to bite you
Drive safe everyone

followingnfront

Took this today. Empty parking lot with untouched fluffy snow on the ground.

AWD Lock on, Traction Control off, Sport Mode on, and tires at the recommended 38PSI all the way around:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU50rYLi00[/youtube]

Sorry for the editing errors... I had to upload this vid in sections and piece it together...

followingnfront

Very cool pics.

Here are a couple of mine from tonight:

DTASFAB

My neighbors drive a 2012 Sentra and advised me not to go out in the snow yesterday, and they actually had to turn back because they couldn't handle it. I told them it's a good day for a joy ride.

zengshengliu

Too bad we only get 1-3 in of snows and then freezing rain down in Philly. But our Rogue still handle great :)

followingnfront

zengshengliu wrote:Too bad we only get 1-3 in of snows and then freezing rain down in Philly. But our Rogue still handle great :)
Yeah that's what we got yesterday. It snowed all day and in the night, started to rain... Almost all of the snow is gone this morning. :frown:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i too went out to "play". i love awd drifting/donuts lololol. this car is a joy to drive in the snow.
i also turn off the traction control, because in many situations i want the power to continue to go to the wheels so i can counter-steer and get out of a nasty slide that i didnt intend on being in.

followingnfront

ImStricken wrote:i too went out to "play". i love awd drifting/donuts lololol. this car is a joy to drive in the snow.
i also turn off the traction control, because in many situations i want the power to continue to go to the wheels so i can counter-steer and get out of a nasty slide that i didnt intend on being in.
Ha ha you know you liked my video... Next time you go out and do that (when it snows again ) have the wife record you... Or set up a tripod and get the Rogue and Santa Fe doing donuts together lol...

Yeah with traction on, you can barely even get sideways in the Rogue. And when you do its all rough because the cars computers aare working against you.

Scooter71
Car: 09 Rogue SL AWD Fully Loaded

Great video followingfront, I was so physced to go out and play on Saturday, but I wound up with a pretty nasty cold. thought it was the flu, luckily it's not. Deff turn off the VDC, a lot more fun and like Imstricken said, it's easier to control in a slide if your used to not having it.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

looks like more snow is on the way tonight & tomorrow. < 3"

bigbank_A
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

zengshengliu wrote:Watch out, I am going to bite you
Drive safe everyone

qUICK QUESTION WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WING ON THE BACK ABOVE THE THIRD BREAK LIGHT AND HOW DO U ADD PHOTOS IM HAVING TROUBLE

bigbank_A

Image.

LOOK OUT FOR THIS BAD BOY

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbank_A wrote:Image

Image.

LOOK OUT FOR THIS BAD BOY
heeey another gray tinted out rogue! ;) lookin good homie. im moving these pics to the snow thread. lets keep it all in there.

zengshengliu

qUICK QUESTION WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WING ON THE BACK ABOVE THE THIRD BREAK LIGHT AND HOW DO U ADD PHOTOS IM HAVING TROUBLE[/quote]

Its call spoiler
Btw, do you have the cap lock on? Its seems like you have the capitalization all switched :gapteeth:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

bigbank_A wrote:qUICK QUESTION WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WING ON THE BACK ABOVE THE THIRD BREAK LIGHT AND HOW DO U ADD PHOTOS IM HAVING TROUBLE
How to post pictures using photobucket how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Rogue One wrote:
bigbank_A wrote:qUICK QUESTION WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WING ON THE BACK ABOVE THE THIRD BREAK LIGHT AND HOW DO U ADD PHOTOS IM HAVING TROUBLE
How to post pictures using photobucket how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html
Or use Imageshack http://imageshack.us/

bigbank_A

Ok thanks i found the spoiler my nissan dealer called it a wing lol thanks for your help

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Make sure they don't rip you off, you can buy it here, http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-rea ... 68865.html

bigbank_A

followingnfront wrote:Took this today. Empty parking lot with untouched fluffy snow on the ground.

AWD Lock on, Traction Control off, Sport Mode on, and tires at the recommended 38PSI all the way around:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU50rYLi00[/youtube]

Sorry for the editing errors... I had to upload this vid in sections and piece it together...
How do you turn traction control off

bigbank_A

darylzero wrote:Make sure they don't rip you off, you can buy it here, http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-rea ... 68865.html
44$ its really that cheap

zengshengliu

So today we only get about 1/2 inch of snow. The sun make the snow melted but the temperature make them frozen to ice. When I was driving down a hill, even when I am keeping around 5mph, I realize that the car is sliding down. Lucky I got the car control back and were able to stop before hitting anything. Drive safe everybody.

CardiffGiant
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2013 Sentra SR with Nav/Prem/Drivers Pkg

Had my first snow experience in our new 2013 Rogue SV AWD. Before this car I had a 2004 Subaru Impreza Outback with a Manual transmission and I thought it was a pretty good snow car.

Yesterday, it started snowing in the afternoon and my wife tried to make it home with her 2002 Civic with all season (and poor at that) tires. She made it like a mile and turned around. Rather than have her try to take the bus, I went to go get her and we were going to leave her car in her work lot overnight. There was probably 3-4 inches of snow on the ground, looked like maybe a plow had run once. This was main highways I'm talking about too so it was pretty bad. I'm happy to report the Rogue did VERY well. There were a few spots that were pretty bad but the Rogue only had slippage maybe once or twice and it was minor at that. Took me forever to go get her and to get home due to the slowness of the traffic but made it home safe and sound.

All in all I'm really happy. I know my Subaru was a few years old and was a manual and didn't have stability control and less ground clearance etc, but I honestly didn't think the Rogue would be that much better.

Now to just get my wife comfortable driving the car so that she can drive herself in the inclement weather :)

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I have my Michelin XICE2 tires on my 09 Rogue and leave the VDC on all the time and it drives through the snow no problem and very rare that I slide sideways on a turn. Not sure why you guys turn it off.

followingnfront

Jostudly wrote:I have my Michelin XICE2 tires on my 09 Rogue and leave the VDC on all the time and it drives through the snow no problem and very rare that I slide sideways on a turn. Not sure why you guys turn it off.
In normal driving I leave mine on. Its when I want to slide that I turn it off.

Return to “Rogue Forum”