Rims approved for VIP

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
Kalypso

yokota180sx wrote:no we arent the same

my scooter has more innovation than your life
you're scooter huh...

makes you feel real big and important. lol!

im done, its all yours.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

i'mma clear it up on my end.

you didn't like the wheels, that's cool. everyone is entitled to their opinion.

start justifying that with how this or that isn't "vip enough", you better have your facts straight or you're just discrediting yourself.

as for riding on someone else's opinion, it was funny to me. sorry if that hurt your feelings.

i'm going to say this with the best of intentions and hope you don't take it the wrong way: without really knowing much about vip there's only so much you can help. your opinion is valid still, but the reasons why your opinion is what it is comes into play. do you not like it because you really do not like it or do you have a preconceived notion of what something should be?

if you really knew your stuff you would know that those walds are way more baller than these varianzas you keep posting in both build and reputation. you would know lip isn't everything and brake clearance is a good thing. you would understand that there's about 1,000,000 ways to build a vip car from clean to crazy, luxurious to sporty and everything in between. once you grasp all those things you will not need someone else to co-sign, and that's what was funny to me.

i hope you take this all the right way. i'm trying to explain things not throw fuel on the fire.

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:i'mma clear it up on my end.

you didn't like the wheels, that's cool. everyone is entitled to their opinion.

start justifying that with how this or that isn't "vip enough", you better have your facts straight or you're just discrediting yourself.

as for riding on someone else's opinion, it was funny to me. sorry if that hurt your feelings.

i'm going to say this with the best of intentions and hope you don't take it the wrong way: without really knowing much about vip there's only so much you can help. your opinion is valid still, but the reasons why your opinion is what it is comes into play. do you not like it because you really do not like it or do you have a preconceived notion of what something should be?

if you really knew your stuff you would know that those walds are way more baller than these varianzas you keep posting in both build and reputation. you would know lip isn't everything and brake clearance is a good thing. you would understand that there's about 1,000,000 ways to build a vip car from clean to crazy, luxurious to sporty and everything in between. once you grasp all those things you will not need someone else to co-sign, and that's what was funny to me.

i hope you take this all the right way. i'm trying to explain things not throw fuel on the fire.
Very true...Walds are a traditionally baller VIP wheel. again, just trying to expand horizons, not flame. Also, real VIP is always pushing the limits, not following what others always do....for the record, I do NOT like those Walds either
Modified by burgy240 at 11:48 AM 5/14/2009

PANCAKES1
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T

WOW! ALl this f***ery because some is tryna decide on rims?!!

WALDS may be "Baller rims" Not IMO, but no matter how much they cost (which the ones mentioned are pretty cheap depending on the specs.) Alot of them are pretty lame/plain and don't fit my "VIPstyle" flavor. I consider WALDS more Euro than "VIP" but whatever...The Portofino on the WALD LS460 are dope but many of their other wheels are jus ok. FOr the price and selection, I would say WORKS are better if you're not looking to pay 1K+ a wheel ya dig!

Hey aint don't sleep on them "VIP" scooters them thangs are on some pimp a** gangster shiet!

BLACKonBLACK98

i was just tryin to explain myself so it didn't seem like such a gangbang.
PANCAKES! wrote:(which the ones mentioned are pretty cheap depending on the specs.)
look at the discontinued 1 piece forged prices not the current 1 piece cast and get back to me.

(not implying cost is everything)
PANCAKES! wrote:Alot of them are pretty lame/plain and don't fit my "VIPstyle" flavor.
that's what's up, but there's a difference between someone who knows the deal and has an informed opinion vs. someone who doesn't and is just trying to fit the mold. even if they are saying the same thing.

anyways... i'm done with it. what needed to be said has been said and the dude lookin for wheels has moved on so there really isn't a point in going on and on,

PANCAKES1

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:look at the discontinued 1 piece forged prices not the current 1 piece cast and get back to me.
Yea, I take that back, them wheels do cost alot but still no matter the price if you have a wheel that's made of the best s*** but looks like a** than that don't mean anything but whatevers on that topic.

Yo at the end of the day mofos gonna have there own opion on what's up. I've been in MANY!!! debates w/ "Black" and trust me this dude is gonna believe and think what he wants and the only thing that will change his mind is himself! Which I do respect. It's all about doin you and doin what you think looks good in your head not really what others think cause at the end of the day it's your shiet! But also remember there is alot of cats who have been there and down that or knows what's up and has good 411 (there's alos those who think they know.....). We are all (most of us) here to try and help everyone or at least guide cats in the right direction that they want to go.......cause nobody likes to throw away money.

"Can't....Can't, we all jus get along?"-Rodney King-

PANCAKES1

I've thought about them WALD Steifen II on a silver Y34 and I think it could work if done right, but you really gotta know what your doing.IMO if your gonna choose that style of rim, than I would rather go w/ the WORK Meister S1 (3 Piece) or the SSR Professor MS1s.....

BLACKonBLACK98

PANCAKES! wrote:IMO if your gonna choose that style of rim, than I would rather go w/ the WORK Meister S1 (3 Piece) or the SSR Professor MS1s.....
you mean sp1's? the ms1 is the mesh. on a realted note... i was in the shower (tmi?) thinkin about how the new 20" ms1 would be ill on a 34.

PANCAKES1

Yes I did mean Sp1s and yes that was TMI! HAhahaha20s on a Y34 seem like they would be too big, also can't say I've seen 20s on a Y34 before, I'll have to check on that.....

BLACKonBLACK98

i think that dude mark is on 20" heritage. could be wrong though.

i'm talkin tucked under 20's sittin low, not flush.

*edit - 20" lm-9

PANCAKES1

Yea, I think you're right, I think he dose have 20s, but I'm not feelin that car. Personally I'm not too big of a fan of tucked either. I prefer flush. But that'd be me!

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

PANCAKES! wrote:Yes I did mean Sp1s and yes that was TMI! HAhahaha20s on a Y34 seem like they would be too big, also can't say I've seen 20s on a Y34 before, I'll have to check on that.....
I

I have. And they looked stupid, especially since it was on a stock suspension. The car just looked all high and stupid. The owner took them off the Y34 and put them on a Buick.

PANCAKES1

I'm sure the wheels were nasty lookin and height plays a huge difference on the look of a rim, trust me!

That one Black posted is dope, wasn't aware those were 20s

kingpin
Car: 2004 M 45

Blacks you are correct i have all the exact parts from that car on mine when i say exact i meant front to back - kit/grill/muffler/fusa and so forth ...

rims are the one decision that is f n killing me - i have seen a lot of rims but none that stands out - work d3s are also one of my fave.. its rely don't matter what goes on half the ppl don't even know what car looks like ...

kingpin

20" Auto Couture Magnifique EX Black Label 3pc Forged Brushed Face

Ok here you go this is my selection - an yes they are 20 inchers !

PANCAKES1

Dang you got $$$$$$ Auto Couture's are some of the most expensive wheels out & 20s!

jadeM45
Car: Pending

Haitian_King wrote:I have. And they looked stupid, especially since it was on a stock suspension. The car just looked all high and stupid. The owner took them off the Y34 and put them on a Buick.
I wanted 19's but got a great deal on 20's. I don't think they bad, but only after I dropped it.

PANCAKES1

Are those the ones Qclass was selling?Dosen't look bad, still looks too big for me. IMO, Y34s are one of those cars that should stick w/ 18/19s due to the size of the car. They look huge in that pic and I imagine even bigger if dumped.....

I'd still trade you cars though! Love them thangs!

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

saw Jades Y34 a few weeks ago, the wheels look very nice, but 19 would give the car a more aggressive stance! no matter, it is clean.

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

I guess I should clarify. Not all 20's look stupid. Yours are actually very nice.

This other white Y34 around my way had some ugly 20's (maybe 22's) on stock suspension. He ended up taking it off and sticking with the stock wheel.

kingpin

any more comments for my rims , i will post some pictures as soon as it comes out the shop !

go balling or go home !

BLACKonBLACK98

Petrol head wrote:Blacks you are correct i have all the exact parts from that car on mine when i say exact i meant front to back - kit/grill/muffler/fusa and so forth ...
you sure about that? that car is mode parfume kitted (yours is jp right?) with a jdm grill that doesn't fit the usdm front end.
Petrol head wrote:20" Auto Couture Magnifique EX Black Label 3pc Forged Brushed Face
i was checkin those out. forget where. really classy but stance is gonna make or break it.

what's your plans for suspension? how far are you willing to go to get low on 20s? i wouldn't be surprised if you had to do some inner wheel well work to get right.

an m on wheels is nice, but without the suspension work you'll definitely come up short. personally i would have waited on the kit and used that money towards suspension/associated work/wheels. but if you got it like that where you can do it all man... can't hate that one bit.

getting low on smaller wheels is much easier.

kingpin

exact stuff , but mines is jp , i have the grill that is from jap imported also , i am gonna bag it and do some fender work - rear wheels of the ground or as low as possible ....

i have want to place an order for universal air suspension today but so it can be here for next weeek ????

i am still looking for another set of rims - to switch mid season d3s i like that rim also - keep your eyes open

i want to set an example for the boys in to , maybe even start a business one this ride is done !

kingpin

i am aware of all the risk , like i said their is a lot of ppl here with lost of cash and if i can get them to rely like what they see they will asking question and they will want stuff ......

PANCAKES1

Petrol head wrote:go balling or go home !
I'm going home.....
Petrol head wrote:like i said their is a lot of ppl here with lost of cash and if i can get them to rely like what they see they will asking question and they will want stuff ......
Hahahhahaha.... "..if it was all that simple"

kingpin

btw what wheels are you running that car look smooth !

PANCAKES1

Thanks, those were my old AME Shallen AXs 20s

These are my new joints, Weds Vinishnu 19s

kingpin

PANCAKES! wrote:Thanks, those were my old AME Shallen AXs 20s

These are my new joints, Weds Vinishnu 19s
smoken HOT !!!!!!!!!! that is why you are the guru around here!

PANCAKES1

Lol! Silly

kingpin

i heard some dude talikng about his vip wheel at the bar last weekend , so when i walked out to see what it was lmao : here is the link it was on a 2008 m35 ..fully stock

correct me if i am worng but this is suppose to be the fakes for auto c

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/415/vipl.jpg stIll lamo

Return to “VIP Forum”