Review: Ebay rotors, Crossdrilled & Slotted, max

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
ManDogFish
Car: 350z ... 2004, maybe 2004.5, dno
6mt
base model

Hi,

I decided to try out some ebay non-brembo 350z DIRECTIONAL rotors and ceramic pads from max rotors....

It took me a while to find budget rotors that are directional, slotted, crossdrilled and with vented rears aswell

At $180'ish from max rotors, I was a bit skeptical on receiving durable rotors and good pads...

so I ordered them...
rotors came in...they seemed fine..
when I was about to install them, I noticed a tiny <1cm spec of rust on one of them
a 3-4mm on the corner of one of them
and a 4-5mm chip on the inside of one of the front one...
It probably would not have been a problem and I would not have noticed it if a mechanic bought the parts and installed them...but I did not want a damaged rotor if I paid for an undamaged one...

so, I contacted the seller....he asked for pictures....I emailed the pictures

and most likely due to my location, he drove down to my house, dropped off replacement rotors and picked up the defective ones...

btw, I think the front rotor weighed like 12 lbs, Im not too sure, this was a while ago so dont quote me on that

Ive driven about 10,000kms+ on the rear rotors and probably 3,000kms on the front.

To be honest they perform much better than the stock rotors & metallic pads I got the car with, I never thought rotors and ceramic pads alone would make a difference but the braking feel, sensitivity and fade are noticeable better...
At first I thought its temporary as the rotors & pads are new, but even 3,000kms after they seem to have better feedback than stock

The rear rotors did not make much of a difference but the front changed the brake feel.

However they do make an almost unnoticeable"shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sounds when driving in underground parkings...I think all slotted rotors with ceramic pads do that..

Also the front rotors seem to stay much cooler.
With the stock rotors & metallic pads, the front brake would be too hot to touch when I would get home from work...
On these, they are barely warm when I get back

The rear brakes never heated up in the first place so not much of a difference there

but hey, just saying, my experience with the rotors was that they were better than the stock rotors and pads I had, in terms of performance, cost, durability (temperature)..

There were quality control issues but the seller was more than willing to replace the defective parts as long as I did my part of communicating it....

However, on low revs with very hard braking, you can really hear the pads scrape against the slots in the rotors and I am sure the brake pad wear has to be more than stock...

The fact that they stay so much lower in temperature than stock makes me think that its a knock off of a higher end rotors with good air cooling...

anyway

I recommend these rotors if you are mechnically inclined and can inspect your parts
I do not recommend it if you pay someone else to buy your parts

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”