Restoration and other stories

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Pac. coast Datsun

Ken you know that the camera goes everywhere with you right ? :cool: Look forward to the pics & thanx again for getting the site back up.

kenbagby

Keep in mind this is early morning with shade. They did a great job repairing the spoiler (hole the size of my fist) and the cancer rot at where the front fender met the body and side rails; they're new) The color is Cherry bomb red:

kenbagby

They sprayed on a new PPG paintable bed liner. It looks a shade lighter but it may be the light. I'll let you all know once I get it home and cleaned up. They did a pretty good job with all the pin hole spots in the bed. I plan to get under it and under coat anything I don't like.

kenbagby

Tail gate is beautiful:

kenbagby

Side nice and straight

kenbagby

No more rotted floor! They did break my rear-view mirror (should have had the sense to remove it!

kenbagby

Front lower

kenbagby

Front upper. They also rebuilt the battery box so it will hold the battery without falling out!

kenbagby

By 1 it had been delivered to the glass shop and glass was installed with new gaskets and window felts (still got to find some inner and out wiskers for the doors! Help is appreciated.

kenbagby

Rear glass. Hopefully I will have her home tomorrow and can start trim work etc. I do have to stop by the upolstry shop and light a fire under them. Even though it took a long time it allowed me to save enough to get the Runch wagon from Austraila and buy my dream bike. I still have a lot of work to do re-chroming the bumpers etc but might just go with a great glossy black we'll see. This is the truck 'Lil-Dat; that started this board and has me humbled to know it has broght some great folks together for a wonderful cause. :cool:

1963 NL 320
Car: 1963 Datsun NL320
1964 Datsun NL320

Ken-

Awsome, although the lighting makes it look like that mopar color from the early 70's called Panther Pink.  Looks like you are making good progress, keep it up!!!

Dave

Pac. coast Datsun

Wow that came out nine Ken. Sux they broke the inside mirrior they are kinda hard to find. Will you be running those rims or the originals?

kenbagby

That's the only set I have for this one so they will have to do. I'll have to give TANA an email on the mirror.

LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

Well, I've gathered all the stainless and pieces to be chromed from both trucks. The front hood piece is going to take some welding before it is chromed as it has several pin holes I hadn't noticed before. Everything on the Aussy truck looks good but I'm going to chrome everything at one time. I have a few extra parts if anyone needs them. A front air dam (piece under front bumper that connects to both fenders. The front of it is in excellent shape but the top has two pieces cut out on top that will need a little sheetmetal work. Two sets of headlight rings; 1 set is primered (look at lildat on main page) and have no exterior blemishes. One set still has chrome and some surface rust that could be polished out and clear coated with one ring having a small crease on the underside. I also have 3 hub caps that will need to be cleaned and chromed. If anyone is interested email me [email protected] and I can send pictures and prices. If my members don't purchase I will be listing them on Ebay as well as the replacement tail lights soon. Ken

71-521

somehow I missed this thread....shame on me!
Ken, you should show in a seperate thread the whole process of your build...
I remember seeing before pics of when it was going to the body shop but can't seem to find them right now...especially how rusty the floor was before hand...

NL320Nick

I just got the outer window rubber from a Datsun roadster but they need to be trimmed my body guy say the inner are the same as the roadster fussy ones also but they will need to be trimmed too. Did you use the wing window seals from the Mazda? I just got a set my body guy ordered the and got them and I was just wondering how they work as soon as the inner fussy ones come in we will be doing my truck. By the way the truck looks great.

Nick 

LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

As soon as I can get a picture posted, you have to see the seat and door panels, they are awesome!

Return to “Datsun 320”