Replacing Y33 Speakers

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Gezzmarrelda
Car: Nissan Cima Y33 VIP 2000
Subaru Legacy Gtb 2000
Astra Coupe 2.2 Bertone

I have a Y33 Nissan Cima 4.1 VIP which has knackered speakers, they all sound like the cones have cracked. Is there a guide to swapping them anywhere? As in door card and parcel shelf removal please?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

If you have the Bose units they can be rebuilt, best to find a good re-build-repair place that can do a rebuild. I sold my Q45 and I replaced the head unit with a streaming radio and it was great, but then the speakers started to have some issues, not horrible but cut-outs occasionally. The guy that did my install told me that it wasn't worth backing out the entire Bose until to put in an aftermarket speaker setup and amp to power it since the speaker wires the Bose are totally different than normal ones. They are very thin as the power doesn't flow through them since the Bose speakers have the power built right in the speaker. So he suggested a place that he sends them off for rebuild.

https://carstereohelp.net/index.htm

this is an example of a place like this, probably a $450 repair for the 4 main speakers.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

If I may throw in my 5¢

BOSE uses a thinner wire because their speakers are 2 ohm, whereas most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm.

I would think it'd be far cheaper to replace your current speakers, rather than repairing them. Of course the trick is finding decent 2 ohm speakers. I call this plan B.

Plan C is to check on eBay for used speakers.

Q45 -1997-2001 Speaker Sizes
Front door: 6.5 inch
Rear door: 5.25 inch (These appear to be mounted in a bracket. Probably need the space for the window to roll down.)
Rear deck: 6.5 inch

DOOR TRIM Removal and Installation Details are on BT-28.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”