Replaced Stepper Motor - No Go

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
QuestLove
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest SL

2012 Quest SL. Got a code for the stepper motor in the CVT. Bought motor on eBay and filter and gasket locally. Aisin NS-2 fluid came today. Pretty easy R&R. I had disconnected the negative battery cable prior to work.

When the code popped up I had basically low/1st gear and reverse. Now I have nothing. It doesn’t go into any gear.

Did I do something wrong? I’m going to drop the pan and check that the plug is installed correctly on the motor. Could I have a bad motor?

Thanks.

QuestLove
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest SL

I replaced the new stepper motor with another new one. Still no change. Engine revs freely in P and N. In R, D, or L the engine only revs to about1,500 rpm. It doesn’t catch or hook up in any gear.

I had disconnected the battery but I can’t believe this would have affected anything. In all the write-ups and Youtube videos this is always a simple stepper motor swap. I had the P1778 code which is specific to the stepper motor No CEL currently so the problem must be elsewhere.

Getting this thing fixed is the difference between a $500 haul away and a $5,000 trade/sell.

Would appreciate any suggestions. No one locally will touch it.

Return to “Quest Forum”