Red Bull Formula 1 and Infiniti Emerg-E linked?

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Last week, we shared with you the leaked CAD images of the Infiniti Emerg-E (pronounced "emerge") mid-engined hybrid concept supercar, long before it takes shape in the design studio.

Now, our friend Leo Parente from ShakeDown suggests that maybe, just maybe, there might be a connection between Red Bull F1 and the Emerg-E concept.

Thinking on these lines, my humble opinion is this: Leo is absolutely onto something - With Nissan leading in electric cars, and Infiniti having the fastest production hybrid sedan, it stands to reason they'd be neck-deep in this... Couple that with the fact that, in the span of one week, we brought you notice of FIVE different examples of Nissan getting back into competitive motorsports. Throw in the history of Infiniti at Indy, and Nissan's recent successes in FIA GT1, and it's not even a stretch.

Watch the video, and tell us what YOU think:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17FX11Ed74[/youtube]

dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

Sorry, I'm not buying. While Mr. Parente has an interesting connect-the-dots conspiracy theory, I doubt Red Bull Racing will be directly connected with the Emerg-E. And while Adrian Newey is a brilliant F1 designer, he's never expressed the slightest interest in working on a street car. The RBR team principal has also stated that the team wants to concentrate on building race cars and will look to technical partners (like Infiniti) to help with ancillary items like Li-ion battery technology, not the other way around.

Does that mean that we won't see any RBR branding on the Emerg-E if it makes it to production? Now, that's a bet I might be willing to take, particularly if the RB8 gives either Vettel or Weber aother championship.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”