Recovery Hook/Eye Bolt...can't find it!!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
PolskaONE
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6L

I bought my 2009 Nissan versa NEW. My car did not have a tow hook either. The tow hook was missing.

I had to get towed for a bad fuel pump (found out after the tow).

The tow company used a bridal tow and a flat bed. Well Nissan Road side assistance' tow company bent the Front left tie rod. Now I am on the hook for $328 because the Nissan 100 pt inspection said the tie rod was good.

Make sure you take pictures of the bent tie rod if you take your car to some other garage. Nissan road side assistance will not take a shop mechanics word it was bent on a report. They want pictures now. Their excuse so they do not have to pay !!!

Does any know if tow hook 51112-1JA0A works on a 2009 versa ? I put the two hook 51112-1JA0A in the bumper today and it did not turn easily. It went in about 1/4 inch and I did not want to force it or cross thread the tow hook.

51112-AC70A is supposedly the P/N for tow hook for Versa 2009.
51112-1JA0A is tow hook for ???

Thanks.

donpaisa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback

I realize this is an old thread, but maybe this information will help some folks (and maybe me in the process):

I drive a 2008 Versa HB SL (Canadian version - shouldn't make any difference though). I purchased a 51112-AC70A tow hook from eBay and it didn't fit. Supposedly only meant for use on an Infiniti M35 although the part callout specifically says that's the number.

I stopped by a dealer this afternoon to ask about it and they tested a 51112-1JA0A on my car and it also didn't fit. The master tech helping me easily screwed it on to a 2016 Versa Note. At the moment I've got one dealer guy hunting around for something, so the search continues.

Supposedly this 51112-1JA0A part superseded the 51112-1KA0A per one dealer guy - no idea how relevant this is. It also looks like it superseded the aforementioned AC70A as well as the 51112-AC700. Going to see if I can find an AC700 and will try to remember to report back.

donpaisa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback

Following up on my last post, I managed to find a cheap tow hook on eBay that actually fits. Here's the item info in case someone in the future needs help to find it:

Thread Dimensions: M21-2.5 x ~23mm (very weird I know)
Brand: HQS (probably 'High Quality Store')
Mfg. Part #: T049-TH07RD
Compatibility (according to the seller): 03-11 Infiniti FX35, 08-11 Nissan Versa , 08-11 Infiniti EX35, 09-11 Nissan GT-R
Seller: highqualitystore08
Page title: RED JDM FOLDING RING SCREW ON FRONT/REAR BUMPER TOW HOOK FOR NISSAN GTR INFINITI
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141683616953

Hope this is helpful to all my fellow Versa owners who just want to have a tow hook that fits!

EDIT: I drive a 2008 Nissan Versa SL hatchback from Canada, just in case anyone runs into fit issues.

AVERS
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S

Hi donpaisa : Thanks (belatedly) for the info, I think it'll be a huge help in my own search for the "missing" front tow hook for my new (to me ;-) 2009 Versa S). I've been digging and also finding a wide range of parts numbers and questionable fitment promises. This is the first I found the thread info which I plan to check.

And for what it's worth as a followup / update - your eBay seller (highqualitystore08) is now highqualitystore2013 - I haven't checked yet to see if they still have this hook.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Huh............youse guys just showed me what that oddball plastic cover on one side of the bumper cover is for..........fancy that.

I myself would not be wanting to tow at that point without knowing just how strong the inner bumper support is, they look pretty flimsy nowadays when you go in there. I generally tow using some rock solid point under in the suspension mountings or off solid frame members. And that hook looks laughable as far as strength.

AVERS
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S

:-) When I first saw the little door after getting my car I thought... " Nice, a covered retracting block heater plug ! Nissan thinks of everything ! " Then I looked inside and saw the threaded hole instead of the block heater plug... "That's odd, I wonder what it's really for ?" and went searching...

amc49 if you're talking about those eBay "fancy color" aluminum hooks then I agree, wouldn't trust them for anything beyond looking track poser. The OEM hook looks a bit more substantial and should serve the intended purpose, basic (easy) recovery. Ditto the rear frame welded hook. In both cases getting and maintaining a straight in-line pull is going to be the trick.

I might still use it just to route my block heater plug :-) (probably have to "delete" the hook thread bit first though). That will probably get more use (daily for a good part of the long winter) than the recovery hook and save me hunting down a replacement and paying for it.

Oh, and (for the curious) where was my block heater plug ? Tucked up under the plastic behind the (recently replaced) bumper. I'm guessing the body shop put it there. Thanks ? Looks like I'll have to remove the lower shield to get to it to route it out the bumper somewhere... before winter ;-)

jrsavoie
Car: 2005 Nissan Sentra 4 door 1.8 S Automatic Transmission 116,000 miles

PolskaONE wrote:
Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm
I bought my 2009 Nissan versa NEW. My car did not have a tow hook either. The tow hook was missing.

I had to get towed for a bad fuel pump (found out after the tow).

The tow company used a bridal tow and a flat bed. Well Nissan Road side assistance' tow company bent the Front left tie rod. Now I am on the hook for $328 because the Nissan 100 pt inspection said the tie rod was good.

Make sure you take pictures of the bent tie rod if you take your car to some other garage. Nissan road side assistance will not take a shop mechanics word it was bent on a report. They want pictures now. Their excuse so they do not have to pay !!!

Does any know if tow hook 51112-1JA0A works on a 2009 versa ? I put the two hook 51112-1JA0A in the bumper today and it did not turn easily. It went in about 1/4 inch and I did not want to force it or cross thread the tow hook.

51112-AC70A is supposedly the P/N for tow hook for Versa 2009.
51112-1JA0A is tow hook for ???

Thanks.
My experience is the same. The 51112-1JA0A threads in about 1/4" and stops I got the part number from the dealership. It measures about 23.67 OD on the threads.

Do I need a different tow hook?

Thread Dimensions: M21-2.5 x ~23mm (very weird I know)
Brand: HQS (probably 'High Quality Store')
Mfg. Part #: T049-TH07RD
Compatibility (according to the seller): 03-11 Infiniti FX35, 08-11 Nissan Versa , 08-11 Infiniti EX35, 09-11 Nissan GT-R

jrsavoie
Car: 2005 Nissan Sentra 4 door 1.8 S Automatic Transmission 116,000 miles

I checked my hole and it is definitely not 21mm x 2.5. The hole is about 21mm. Which would be the tap drill size for M24 x 3.

Can anybody verify the thread count on 51112-1 JA0A?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”