Rear Mounted Turbo Max

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
GriffinW
Car: 1991 S13 KA-T

I was trying to further increase my knowledge on Turboing a Maxima when I ventured over to maxima.org to read the forums. I cam across a Successful rear mounted turbo. MUCH cheaper than any engine bay mounted turbo and nearly as efficent. If you want further info on the car here is the link

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=506063

I dont see any thing wrong with this setup other than the weather getting into the air filter. I just thought I'd share this with anyone who did know about it or thought it wouldnt work.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

If you're interested in the rear mount turbo, contact WDRacing in the KA-T forum. WD (Brian) is really smart when it comes to adding HP, and has set up a few of these rear mounts before, I do believe.

danielekfuj
Car: miata, rocket ship

I recently saw on TV they were doing a twin turbo setup on a vette with a rear-mounted turbo kit. They also had to use a oil pump to get oil to the turbo, but they said the trade-off was 1 psi loss of boost for some # of degrees cooler air i dont remember the exact # but it was definitely worth putting the turbos in the back

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

^ It was on Two Guys Gararge?...I saw it too. If it works and is cheaper go ahead and do it.

GriffinW
Car: 1991 S13 KA-T

I know the Rear mount turbo is definetly my next mod. Ill will be working my a** off to get that 2 grand as fast as possible.

danielekfuj
Car: miata, rocket ship

well there were 2 guys in a garage... but it is called horsepower tv where i live it could be the same thing i guess

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”