Rear deck rattle

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Keyan
Car: 2013 Altima 4D 3.5 SL

I seem to have a bad rattle/vibration noise coming from somewhere around the rear deck, it shows up when either I have the (stock) Bose up moderately (not even close to full volume) or I go over certain bumps, anyone else had a similar issue and did you figure out where it was coming from?

I love my car, but man it sounds loose when I go over bumps, I was in a co-workers new max the other day and he took a bump in that thing that would make mine sound like a 10 year old cavalier and his was rock solid.

Kinda disappointing really, and I'm sure the dealership wouldn't be willing to do much since I'm outside of the "1200 mile adjustment period".

giullory
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

Me too. It seems to be normal in the newer altimas. Let me know if you find a fix.

Hollaitzwillie
Car: 08 Nissan altima

you know what i had the same problem. it was an annoying squeking sound coming from the trunk some where. so i checked it out and it was the rubber elastick band that i have in my trunk and the metal clip was rubbing on metal and that was the problem. but i do have a rattle at the rear deck cause i got my sub in my trunk and i think its the rear speaker covers or somewhere on that deck.

InfinitiEric

Hi all,

Check out this thread on NICOclub regarding your issue. It wouldn't surprise me if the two models were experiencing the same issue and can be solved with the same solution (the solution is also addressed in the linked thread).

Best of luck. :)

boston824
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S, Sedan, Super Black
2006 Toyota Camry SE, Sedan, Silver

I had the same exact sound last week. After a few days of hearing it, I opened the truck and had a small black box (Sensor?) hanging from the rear in the center of the back wall. Not really sure if your noise would be the same, however I taped it to the location it came from with Duct tape until I can get to the dealer this weekend for repair, and I no long hear the noise.

Good Luck and let me know.

UPDATE: The Intelikey sensor in the truck had become dislodged and needed two retaining clips. Dealership replaced them and the noise is completely gone. I hope this helps.

toueyang
Car: 2009 Altima Sedan

Had the same issue and thought it was the rear deck. Come to find out it was the gas cover realease cable on the inside of the trunk. Cable is located on the inner left side of the trunk. Cable had came loose and was hitting the side of the body when hitting a bump, which sounded terrible. Hope this helps you all with this problem.

nbilbe
Car: 2013 Altima 3.5S

I was able to solve about 90% of the rattle issue. There are two torsion rods, small round metal rods that cross connect either side of the trunk area. There should be a small black plastic clip. This was disconnected on mine. The metal rods would vibrate with large bass hits or bad roads (Arkansas? say it isn't so!). Just slide the plastic clip and attach the rods to the clip and most if not all the rattle goes away. Now, I purchased my car used, and there is evidence of the previous owner hitting a curb. This may have been what broke the rods loose.
Torsion Rod:
https://www.courtesyparts.com/oem-parts ... dhcw%3D%3D

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”