Really Regretting my 2012 M35H Purchase - Future Outlook

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
belleth
Car: 2012 M35H

It has been a long while since I posted.

But couldn't miss this topic. I still own my 2012 m35h. when I bought it (with 18k miles on it), I'm at 66k miles now, only 2 repairs on the books - tire pressure sensor (installer broke it and didn't tell me), 2 rear calipers - dealer did it for some reason... i paid just 100$ deductible under extended warranty.

I'm disappointed to hear all these issues, really hope it's not an indication for majority of vehicles... as I was just thinking how much I still like my car and how trouble free it has been.

On a positive note, glad to hear that dealer took care of you to that extent. Hopefully they get it right.

sadboy

vq35power wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am
Meant to say don't change the fluids just yet until all the issues are resolved. If the car has never had ATF/diff fluid change or at least no record of it, you should be checking out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctpVCWjd8b4
Thanks!

On a side note, how is your MPG?

How many KMS per tank do you get and how much do you fill up for?

I drive 80% city and am only getting 350-400KMS per tank. I normally end up filling up 50-55L

Is it the cold weather that's killing my mileage or something else? I drive on ECO mode most of the time and like to let the car warm up a bit in the morning.

sadboy

belleth wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm
It has been a long while since I posted.

But couldn't miss this topic. I still own my 2012 m35h. when I bought it (with 18k miles on it), I'm at 66k miles now, only 2 repairs on the books - tire pressure sensor (installer broke it and didn't tell me), 2 rear calipers - dealer did it for some reason... i paid just 100$ deductible under extended warranty.

I'm disappointed to hear all these issues, really hope it's not an indication for majority of vehicles... as I was just thinking how much I still like my car and how trouble free it has been.

On a positive note, glad to hear that dealer took care of you to that extent. Hopefully they get it right.
Thanks for the well wishes, right now the climate controls feel as if they might give out at any point... I just do not feel confident with them as it is viciously cold these days where I live.

vq35power
Car: 2012 Infiniti M35h

sadboy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:24 pm
vq35power wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am
Meant to say don't change the fluids just yet until all the issues are resolved. If the car has never had ATF/diff fluid change or at least no record of it, you should be checking out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctpVCWjd8b4
Thanks!

I drive 80% city and am only getting 350-400KMS per tank. I normally end up filling up 50-55L

Is it the cold weather that's killing my mileage or something else? I drive on ECO mode most of the time and like to let the car warm up a bit in the morning.

Yeah I noticed winter kills the mpg. Driving highway only I get about 6.9 l/100 and on a fillup after highway driving DTE shows 750KM. 80% City driving I get about 525KM on a tank and I usually fill up about 50-55L which means there is gas left still.

Honestly mpg has beat my expectations already.

sadboy

vq35power wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:32 pm
sadboy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks!

Yeah I noticed winter kills the mpg. Driving highway only I get about 6.9 l/100 and on a fillup after highway driving DTE shows 750KM. 80% City driving I get about 525KM on a tank and I usually fill up about 50-55L which means there is gas left still.

Honestly mpg has beat my expectations already.
Wait you're saying that you get 525KM per tank during the frigid winter as well?? That is a whole 140KM to 150KM difference. Mind you we did have some -20 degree spells and some idling time but that is a pretty big variance. I have Blizzaks WS80's on mine and the 360KM tank was observed during some really cold days and 90% city driving.

vq35power
Car: 2012 Infiniti M35h

I have Starfire RS-W 5.0 winter tires (cooper off-brand) and use 91 oct. And yes even during the extreme cold, I did not notice a significant drop in my mileage. The engine does run more and will immediately cancel the "EV" mode as engine temperature drops during the cold weather but I have noticed the car takes full advantage of running off the electric motor whenever possible. I have yet to see the DTE read less than 525 KM since I got the car on Jan 9 and 10 fill-ups later. But honestly we could have very different driving styles and traffic patterns. During most of my city driving, I seldom sit in stop & go traffic and tend to coast when approaching a stop.

vamar75
Car: 2013 Infiniti M35H

Hi Sadboy!

Do you still own the car?
How is it?
I am also interested in buying this model but here in Europe situation is complicated with this brand in therms of service and spare parts probably.

Thank you for your answer!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”