RB26 swap

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
dreamsOfSkylines

How'd Osofasts mange a 50/50 weight dist?

Rx7&s13

Ok heres Some thoughts Being an Rx7 owner. Ari Yellon Did well because the class was not well devolped at the time. He also did well because an unlimited buget. What he did the Rx7 was quite a feat. Comparing an Rx7 to A supra is pointless. They are built for totally different purposes. to my knolage I see very few Supras winning road races. Why? They werent built to do that in my opion. But look at the rx7 It wasnt built to drag race the Supra and Skyline were. The Skyline seems to be the best of both worlds. Really High HP with a very good hanfling chassis. But anyway you cut it it all has to do w/ application. No one car is better than another.

Now for the 240 swapped w/ Rb26dett.Some one asked what the differnce betweeen The 25 and 26 motors. From waht I know the aftermarket support for the 26 is much grater. If you plan on making really big numbers go w/ the 26 for the head design is better allowing for better HP. I was told by a shop in Melborne OZ that had preformed 15 to 18 of the swaps and had a s13 with an Rb26 single turbo. He said that you can use the mounts of a rb25 on a rb26 into s13 and the only problem is you have to do is modify the sifter boot. This in my opion seemed unrealistic and like he was full of it. But he did have the cars with the swaps completed. If anyone has any knolage on this please tell me. Seems the route to go if it would work. Just some thoughts.Thanks Everbody.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”