RB25det 1000HP Build

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Jimefam

RRRRB wrote:Looking awesome as usual

I'm surprised your still using a Greddy manifold... i bet something something with a bigger plenum would benefit your setup..
Lol I had that discussion with one of the machinist who works at proline a while back. I had thought of having an intake manifold custom made and he was of the opinion that I wouldnt gain much of anything from it. We recently did some more testing with some pretty positive results so I think for now ill stick with the greddy but I would like at some point to test like say a hypertune and see if there is any gain to it.

bmxarmy
Car: 1961 rambler

Positive testing......

I may know what that means! Keep up the good work

nolan

Jimefam

bmxarmy wrote:Positive testing......

I may know what that means! Keep up the good work

nolan
Yes sir you do. Thanks and that package left yesterday, cant wait to see part 2 of your build.

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

what did it cost to cryo the block? was the machine work done before or after treatment?

Jimefam

I cryo'd everything pretty much and I also paid for the coating of the pistons and valves and the powdercoating of the valve covers and the ceramic coating of the manifold at the same time so I dont know exactly what was for the block only but I recall I paid almost $800 for everything the day I went to settle up. I would think the block wouldnt be more than like $200. I did the cryo first as I recall.

RRRRB

Be interesting to see if it helps the block longivity and the cracking issues associated with RB's.. I haven't heard of anyone else trying it.

Jimefam

RRRRB wrote:Be interesting to see if it helps the block longivity and the cracking issues associated with RB's.. I haven't heard of anyone else trying it.
It would be hard to prove any added strength just from the cryo on the block. There is alot of proof of its effects on steel but I couldn't find anything on cast iron. What made me do it was talking to a local shop employee that builds porsche road racing cars and he was adamant that cryo'ing their brake rotors made a big difference on their longevity. I figured what the hell may as well do it all.

Jimefam

Few pics of recent progress

plumbing is all complete

Image Image

The new ignition system brackets are done and mounted, now to rewire the car the right way and we will be 100% done.

Image Image

I will be running the New AMS2000 Pro Boost controller which will open up a new world of control strategies for getting down the track.

bmxarmy

Not sure if mentioned before or not but why stop at the 25.5 cert and not go to 25.3? Mostly because of weight? I just got the 25.3 spec for my build and to be honest there is not that many more bars to go to a 6.50.....

I am assuming this car will see 7.50......SOON! lol whether it is rb powered or not!

Jimefam

bmxarmy wrote:Not sure if mentioned before or not but why stop at the 25.5 cert and not go to 25.3? Mostly because of weight? I just got the 25.3 spec for my build and to be honest there is not that many more bars to go to a 6.50.....

I am assuming this car will see 7.50......SOON! lol whether it is rb powered or not!
Way ahead of you Nolan! LOL midway through NRC told me the same thing and we went ahead and had it cert'd for 6.50. It passed inspection right after it left the bodyshop.

bmxarmy

I was looking back and it looked 25.3 ish that is why i asked.... Do you have pics of the underside floor structure?

Jimefam

bmxarmy wrote:I was looking back and it looked 25.3 ish that is why i asked.... Do you have pics of the underside floor structure?
This is the best pic I have right now ill see if when I go back I take a few more.

sm1nts2escape
Car: 1993 nissan 240sx se

Love this build. Thanks for sharing so much info and giving us the pleasure of drooling over our keyboards. Hope to see more updates and this thing burning some rubber soon.

chad b.
Car: chocolate chip kouki

Keep it Rocking Andres

Jimefam

Been a while since an update. Work, my new daughter and the GTR have keep me real busy but today was a good day for the 240 with hopefully more to come tomorrow. Car is at majestic motorsports being tuned by chris miller. I changed turbos to a borg warner 83mm and that swap took longer than expected. By the time I had the turbo steve petty was in qatar for the adrl season over there so I had chris help out. So far the car has performed real well and made 1093whp@37psi. Car doesnt seem to want to make any more boost on the dyno but we are going to try again tomorrow and perhaps give it some spray. It made that 1093 at 9150rpm and was still climbing but in third gear thats about 180mph and the guys were hesitant to rev it more for fear of it coming loose or having an issue. I think the car is real capable of hitting 1300whp with full boost(50ish psi). Not to shabby for a little 25 and keep in mind that is through a th400 and a 9" rear which soaks up some power. This is on a superflow dyno which I dont know how it compares to a dynojet(guys here say this reads lower).

Image Image Image

Yellow4g63
Car: 95 RB20 240, 91 NX2000 VE power, 95 Stock 240sx

Nice! congrats.

Jimefam

Well we figured out why it wouldn't boost past 37psi. There was a boost leak on the shaft seal of my throttle body and it was keeping the turbo down. Once that was fixed it made [email protected]. We didn't make another pull or spray it as the tires were spinning even with two guys on the back. All things considered im happy with what its making and will keep it at 50psi while we test and dial in the car.

Yellow4g63

Did you get any vids of this monster on the dyno?

Jimefam

Yellow4g63 wrote:Did you get any vids of this monster on the dyno?
I did and I uploaded to photobucket but I don't know why it doesn't show up in my album yet.

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

Jimefam wrote:
Yellow4g63 wrote:Did you get any vids of this monster on the dyno?
I did and I uploaded to photobucket but I don't know why it doesn't show up in my album yet.
Upload it to youtube and make yourself a youtube channel. I'm sure you will have a bunch of followers :)

Jimefam

meet07 wrote:
Jimefam wrote:
Upload it to youtube and make yourself a youtube channel. I'm sure you will have a bunch of followers :)
I was able to get it to upload once I got home and on a real computer its a pretty lousy video though. I emailed majestic motorsports to see if they can send me a better graph and pictures video etc.

RRRRB

Your really a pioneer, i dont think anyone has pushed a 25 this far.. Solid build Solid power!! cant wait to see it in action.

Jimefam

RRRRB wrote:Your really a pioneer, i dont think anyone has pushed a 25 this far.. Solid build Solid power!! cant wait to see it in action.
Thanks. Got kinda stern talking too from the turbo guy for posting my numbers lol most guys in X wont do that and even though im sure im still behind 600-700whp people might b****. BUT I want to post them cause I want to show the 25 is as competent as the 26 in power making potential.

Yellow4g63

Jimefam wrote:
RRRRB wrote:Your really a pioneer, i dont think anyone has pushed a 25 this far.. Solid build Solid power!! cant wait to see it in action.
Thanks. Got kinda stern talking too from the turbo guy for posting my numbers lol most guys in X wont do that and even though im sure im still behind 600-700whp people might b****. BUT I want to post them cause I want to show the 25 is as competent as the 26 in power making potential.
LoL sounds like street racing "don't want to pop my hood".

Jimefam

Yellow4g63 wrote:
Jimefam wrote:
LoL sounds like street racing "don't want to pop my hood".
These guys are hilarious, run 4.50's@160+ while weighing 3400lbs and to hear them tell it they dont make more than 1200whp.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I'm not a hood popper. I'm a mean mofo and I like people to learn the hard way what I have.

Not a thing wrong with being proud of work that good, though, with results that impressive! Builds like this do more than make the originator proud, they inspire people at all levels from the big guys that want to push four digit numbers down to the guy on a budget just starting out who did a swap and hasn't figured out a silly electrical gremlin so it will start up. The fix is the same, it just takes progressively more to get it. You have gone "full retard," sir, and it's a lovely thing.

I always enjoy watching others go through the steps and get where they want to go with their cars, probably even more than doing my own stuff.

HxC_Nismo
Car: 98' Nissan 240sx SE R33 RB26DET, 07' Nissan Titan SE, 05' Toyota Corolla

OMG that is so awesome, congrats sir it must be an amazing feeling to have finally finished your project. I can't wait to see some vids of this beast.

celsius
Car: - FT-1?
- 2014 Ultra White IS350 AWD F Sport
- 2013 Pearl White GTR Black Edition (FBO E85)
- 2012 Pearl Blue GTR SOLD
- 2009 DMG GTR (FBO E85) SOLD to ETS
- 2001 LS430 Ultra Luxury (VIP) SOLD

congrats on the #'s bro! :dblthumb: Your GTR is a BEAST also! Do you plan on running a PG on the GTR like JC? It seems like a good idea when talking about reliability!

celsius
Car: - FT-1?
- 2014 Ultra White IS350 AWD F Sport
- 2013 Pearl White GTR Black Edition (FBO E85)
- 2012 Pearl Blue GTR SOLD
- 2009 DMG GTR (FBO E85) SOLD to ETS
- 2001 LS430 Ultra Luxury (VIP) SOLD

Jimefam wrote:

I was always under the impression that the 26 and 25 were very simliar, with the 25 only being single turbo and .1L smaller. What are the other differences internally and externally?

chad b.
Car: chocolate chip kouki

Damn it Andres, you did it! Congrats man!

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”