Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

s13's are H4

Razi
Car: Moo

Oh, okay. Thanks adrian.

adrianfromthecastle

Razi wrote:Wow good eye.Yep it's for the CA18, it barely clears it with my Nismo motor mounts.Maybe 1/4th of an inch clearance from the fuel rail plastic cover thingy, and the strut bar.
lol.. thats crazy. Don't the nismo mounts make your engine sit a bit higher too?

Razi

Yeah they make it sit higher, that's why I had to get my downpipe modified so it doesn't hit the underbody LOL.

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

i don't see what the issue is with these bulbs. If they are made for H4 headlights they should act like stock replacements right?

Razi

Yeah they should.

spooled240

i think they are just brighter so cutoff and whatever is all the same. We sell some non-HID xenon replacement bulbs at Pep boys and they are supposed to be brighter or something.

Razi

Oh okay, thanks.I'm a noob with this stuff LOL.

adrianfromthecastle

sorry... what are you gaiz talkin about?

H4's are completely different than H3's. H3's are for foglights.

spooled240

yeah H3's are tiny with a little wire. Razi is gonna get some xenon bulbs for his car and he wanted to know what size, and basically if they were gonna work.

adrianfromthecastle

oh I seez

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

adrians_s13 wrote:btw, your front strut bar looks like it was for the CA18... I'm surprised it clears your KA. I tried a CA18 front bar, and it wouldn't clear my valve cover on my SR.
hmmm interesting. i've seen the on an sr powered car

Ramonesfreak2010
Car: 1991 240sx Hatch

Wow... I'm jealous of your car. I hope to one day buy a DOHC KA and boost it. Any videos/sound clips?

Razi

Nope, no sound or video clips yet. I might make some another time.

Logan76
Car: Junk

Only thing about recirculating off the hotpipe is, your putting air that is "hotter" back into your intake, i guess it doesnt matter but i always put my bov on the cold pipe. Razi if you want to hear your turbo more, your going about it all wrong, turn up the boost dont dynamat your trunk...geez.

Razi

I can't listen to my music with my muffler going all RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHI can't hear my turbo from back there anyways.

Edit: Whoa I got my custom title! Sweet

le_ryan
Car: Mazda 3 / 91 nissan S13 SR

Razi wrote:Yeah like a big rig LMFAO.

The day I started it up and got it running.I turned onto an empty corner of the street and I hit the gas and I heard it spool, suck in air and pull me fairly quickly.

Then I pulled over next to my house and parked it, then I thought "Holy smokes I'm turbocharged" . And I sat in my car and walked around it for like 10 minutes, with my mind blown.

Hehe thanks vroom_chirp, any plans for your current 240?
lol your reaction sounds alot like what i would have felt like hah ha.

Ill post up once i get some stuff rollin, but im just keeping things clean and simple .

Spiffy240
Car: 1992 White 240sx Fastback SE

Good stuff razi, but on a bad note this is pressuring me to do the same and turbo my ka already. I mean I only have 86k on my 92 ka and I have had it since 60k. The previous owner babied the car, I heard he got tickets on the highway for going to SLOW!

dammit, now I have to save up for a turbo setup along with all my other dreams.....

tEknoS13
Car: 93' Type X

Hey Razi what kind of bumper are you looking for? I have 2 chuki bumpers if you're interested.

Bmxandcars
Car: '92 240sx hatch

presidential wrote:There is so much bull-ish in that engine compartment you need to get rid of. You really need to pare down some of the rats nest of vacuum lines and wires IMHO. You'd be surprised how much better these cars run without all of the extra BS they're laden down with.
Second that. Keep the stock look but clean it up. Your engine bay will look much better.

+1 for a very nicely done and clean looking setup.

White Comet

Logan76 wrote:Only thing about recirculating off the hotpipe is, your putting air that is "hotter" back into your intake, i guess it doesnt matter but i always put my bov on the cold pipe.
this is one of the reasons why i didn't recirc mine. the bov is on the hot pipe, but i'll be switching it to the cold pipe

Razi

le_ryan wrote:
lol your reaction sounds alot like what i would have felt like hah ha.

Ill post up once i get some stuff rollin, but im just keeping things clean and simple .
Sweet. You better!
Spiffy240 wrote:Good stuff razi, but on a bad note this is pressuring me to do the same and turbo my ka already. I mean I only have 86k on my 92 ka and I have had it since 60k. The previous owner babied the car, I heard he got tickets on the highway for going to SLOW!

dammit, now I have to save up for a turbo setup along with all my other dreams.....
Muahaha join the darkside.
Bmxandcars wrote:
Second that. Keep the stock look but clean it up. Your engine bay will look much better.

+1 for a very nicely done and clean looking setup.
I might try to clean up a lot of the vacuum lines when I have time.
tEknoS13 wrote:Hey Razi what kind of bumper are you looking for? I have 2 chuki bumpers if you're interested.
Oh, I was talking about more along the lines of aero.

Give me 30 minutes guys, I just put in my Koyo radiator and it's awesome!I got it from RacetechPerformance.com, they are about a 30 minute drive from me.They hooked me up well.They are in Diamond Bar, CACheck em out, they had good customer service and they were nice people.They had a deal to give you free H4 bulbs with a purchase of a radiator, ask em for it. They are out of stock though, so you gotta wait till the end of the month for the bulbs.

Razi

Ta-da!Begone foul demon!Stock = gaySitting in it's new home.

White Comet

wtf! i did a double take and looked back through the thread. yo def said you were getting a mishimoto one. i didn't see this coming. good ninja skillz

tramp_drift240
Car: 1992 240sx SE Coupe

excellent thread for me to come back to Razi. you're making me REALLY want to boost my ka now.

after i replace my oilpan gasket and freeze plugs, put all my other stuff on, im gonna start saving for turbo janx.

im impressed

Razi

White Comet wrote: wtf! i did a double take and looked back through the thread. yo def said you were getting a mishimoto one. i didn't see this coming. good ninja skillz
I got skillz
tramp_drift240 wrote:excellent thread for me to come back to Razi. you're making me REALLY want to boost my ka now.

after i replace my oilpan gasket and freeze plugs, put all my other stuff on, im gonna start saving for turbo janx.

im impressed
Woot! Glad you can look back at it for your KA-T.Good luck with it! Sure isn't a well traveled, or easy path.

Now somebody donate me a cool radiator cap.

White Comet

you want my koyo rad cap?

the pbm rad i'm getting comes with a cap

drifter92sx
Car: 92' S13 fastback seriesII Rb20det

nice build i was goin to do kadet but i came up on a rb20

Sushiadct
Car: 91' 240sx Fastback KA-T DD

Congrats!! Such a great feeling to get it boosted i'm sure!

Razi

Feels good. I'm getting the JDM TYTE bov flutter...not good. I need to loosen up the bov spring a bit.

Anyone know what the good oil pressure readings during cruising and idle?I get around 25 at idle, and 50 at cruising around 2-3k rpms

I'm getting around 180 degrees during cruising for water temps.I used to think 210 was normal. LOLOL

Return to “240sx General Discussion”