Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Hey I have a random box of z32 rear brake things, pretty sure the cables are in there. I have no idea if they are the ones that work with s13s, but I'll take a picture if you want them haha.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Chris28 wrote:You could be super JDM tyte and get an oem 180sx fender liner.

Oh snap, Razi, I might actually have one of these floating around the garage. If you're actually interested I can find it for you

Razi
Car: Moo

Chris28 wrote:Hey I have a random box of z32 rear brake things, pretty sure the cables are in there. I have no idea if they are the ones that work with s13s, but I'll take a picture if you want them haha.
Yes please!
krash wrote:
Chris28 wrote:You could be super JDM tyte and get an oem 180sx fender liner.

Oh snap, Razi, I might actually have one of these floating around the garage. If you're actually interested I can find it for you
Haha awesome.
You should keep it though, for whenever you want to run a cooler. :biggrin:
But if you're sure you don't want it, then..maybe. :D

BMC Cleaned!
Before:

After:

Purple Power is pretty awesome.

Razi

So...
I finally got the Z32 brake swap done. Took about 2 days cleaning and making sure everyone was going on properly.
Everything is working fine, but the pedal feels like it's hitting a stopper less than half way down the pedal stroke.
The pedal goes down fine with the BMC removed or with a bleeder open, but once the system is closed and pressurized, I run into this problem.
Any ideas on a solution would be great.

Anyways, I stripped down the calipers and masked everything of perfectly.
Took a while, but good prep is worth it.

Primered everything up.

I decided to go with VHT caliper gold. Paint is darker than this in person, I'm pretty pleased with it.
After that, I gave it a few coats of VHT caliper clear.

Finishing up the rear brakes.

Fronts on

BMC nice and clean

Shot of it behind the wheel, before taking the car off the jack.

That pedal issue is seriously confusing me though.
I can't see anything that would hit each other and stop the pedal, nor do I see anything that might be binding together due to the extra force. The 17/16 BMC feels really stiff like my old stock setup so I don't see why the extra pressure could be messing with anything.
I might open up a bleeder on one of the calipers today just to make sure the BMC can be pressed down all the way like before.

pepesilvia
Car: 96 S14

sexy :bigthumb: curious howyou kept the lettering a different color though... did you mask each letter?

Razi

Thanks!
I carefully sanded em down with sandpaper and a wooden block.
I also used a sponge sanding block by 3M that I bought from Autozone and a small safety blade for any slightly uneven or stubborn spots.

danshaz82

i hate you. those look so nice and good and clean. now lemme get the q45s haha

Razi

:rotfl
I'll keep em for you.

Well, I opened up a bleeder and took a closer look at where the pedal bottoms out, and it's about the same spot where it stopped with the system all closed.
Maybe that's just the limit of the Z32 BMC.
Oddly, I can't lock up the wheels by slamming the brakes. I maybe need to adjust the pedal a bit and also rebleed.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”